Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)

Go down 
+30
Petr Hlavac
Diego Gallardo
Mike Becnel
James Knowles
David Jaques
François Remmen
David Sabre
Lewis Stephens
Richard Coxon
Peter Blom
Ludovic Tiengou
Bob Holada
Lee Simpson
Raul Jereb
Bob Wilson
Martin Lacina
Jacob Fredriksson
Jan Kowalski
Michael Drechsler
Jukka Närhi
Alberto Ibañez
Pascal Mikula
Abat Hernaez
Juha Bos
Sky Willis
Scott Urick
Michal Janak
Jason Fitch
Dana Schurer
Jason White
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 3:22

Sky Willis wrote:
i noticed that the fuel/lap estimate is a bit off. with race boost i think i was using around 6L a lap. which would make for a 25 lap stint or 7 stops. this is all roughly, and i could be wrong.

You are dead right! My pits keep calling me at 15 lap intervals. Is there a way to change those pit calls to make them true to the cars' fuel use?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 8:43

The fuel estimate in rfactor is not as screwed as you might read in forums around, but it certainly has to be setup exactly as intended and then some things like engine upgrades or on-the-fly selectable boost settings might confuse it. There is no way to disable the auto call to pits that I know of, but regarding monitoring your fuel use a simple plugin like XD hud will give you good estimates, including prediction of number of laps you can still cover.

Quote :
Hi guys. Today i tested the race setup and i was surprised that i have only 151L for the race. Was this some rule update during this season? It will be a lot of pit stops during the race. I count 9 theoreticaly without any reserve.

Yes at Pocono the rules change came to effect, I forgot to post explaining it :doh: 

Things you will notice:

- Only 40 gallons, all on the left side of the car (Watch the balance change as the fuel is burnt)
- Smaller rear wing with less grip. Now you can go up to 22º but it has around 12-15% less downforce than before. However it also has less drag, so expect to go even quicker than last time at Texas later in the season :jp:
- Tire compound is softer but will degrade quicker. Since the stints are shorter because of fuel, you are actually almost same as before regarding tire change, right side will last one stint and left side two if needed.
- Boost setting differ for the Offenhauser, due to fuel economy concerns. Engines are now closer together in terms of power, and the Foyts will be much more competitive.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 11:58

nothing for the Chevy then? lol!
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 21:58

Quote :
Hi guys. Today i tested the race setup and i was surprised that i have only 151L for the race. Was this some rule update during this season? It will be a lot of pit stops during the race. I count 9 theoreticaly without any reserve.

Quote :

Yes at Pocono the rules change came to effect, I forgot to post explaining it :doh: 

Things you will notice:

- Only 40 gallons, all on the left side of the car (Watch the balance change as the fuel is burnt)

Ran 2 stints in race trim today in the King Fish Offy.  40 gallons of fuel=23 laps at race speed.  After the 23rd lap I found there was enough fuel to make it to the pits at race speed.  85" Boost.  Maybe this can help someone with their race strategy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 9:59

So who is Diego Junker? :spy: :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 12:55

Jason White wrote:
So who is Diego Junker?  :spy: :hihi:

Scary, isn't he? affraid

Diego Junker's real name is Diego Gallardo. (He didn't know the rule about registering with he real name.) He is a mechanical engineering student from Mexico City and is a good friend of mine (despite being aggravatingly fast). He grew up in a garage with his father who is one of the leading preparers of Porsches, as well as all other makes, for the Carrera Pan America. He is a former student of Javier Marin who was the Mexican National Rally champion for a number of years. He is also a leading candidate for the Infiniti Academy -- where he will go to England to first work on engineering issues with Infiniti road car and eventually go to work for the Renault F1 team. He also rides bicycles with and maintains the bikes for the gentleman who manages all of Ferrari's interests in the country of Mexico.

Like I said -- Scary.

At any rate, I was testing off line the other night and he messaged me on Steam and wanted to run something. I told him I was running the HSO USAC 73 mod and he wanted to know where to get it. After re-installing rFactor on the family computer and getting all of the downloads, he was up and running in 30 minutes! He studied the different car specs for a few minutes and went with the 73 Eagle -- no guidance from me. I gave him the set I had for the 72 Eagle as a starter set and three laps later he was kicking my ass!

I had to leave early and had to take my server down. I didn't give him the password for the HSO server, but I guess he wanted to keep running bad enough that he went and found it on the forum.

He has a huge amount of talent a helluva lot bigger passion for the sport. I'm hoping his will be a name to watch for in the not-too-distant future. I don't think he is a threat to start dominating any HSO championships as he has far too many real world racing and engineering challenges/opportunities in front of him. But in my humble opinion, HSO may want to actively court this young man. Because, only in his early 20s, he already has a wealth of real world experience that he translates very well to the sim world. And when he is available, he will share all of his setup and driving tips as well as explain why -- and his passion is infectious. (How the hell do you think Fitch jumped from 9th to 3rd on the Hot Laps page in one night?)

Can you tell I love this guy? He's just a good kid. I'm proud to know him.

And if he gets to go to England, I hope you British guys will find a way to get in touch and help him not feel so far from home. Plus he might let you drive his brand new Infiniti company car.
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 13:03

so is it ok to try one of the more powerful cars? or would that make the hotlaps table more confusing?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 13:06

We'd rather people only use the car you are racing with on the server.
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 13:09

ok cool
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 13:15

Scott Urick wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Scary, isn't he? affraid

Diego Junker's real name is Diego Gallardo. (He didn't know the rule about registering with he real name.) He is a mechanical engineering student from Mexico City and is a good friend of mine .

And if he gets to go to England, I hope you British guys will find a way to get in touch and help him not feel so far from home. Plus he might let you drive his brand new Infiniti company car.

A red this whole and now feel totaly bad :smil20: after somany,many years and races i am way way long from someone yust installed RF and drowe such a time
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 4:32

Don't feel bad, Michael. He's been doing to me for years. He is no stranger to rFactor -- it just needed to be re-installed. Plus, in spite of his speed, there is still a big difference between hot laps and race craft. And us older guys have that big equalizer on our side -- maybe! LOL! Youth and exuberance vs. old age and treachery?

Richard, I'm sorry he got on the HSO server. I put up a separate server for that very reason. As I said before, I didn't give him the p/w but his competitive nature led him to go find it and he's just not familiar with HSO preferences. I will advise him against joining the HSO server if he's not registered for the race.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 7:04

Jason White wrote:

He's more Hair than Human too........unless he's cut his massive Fro since I last saw his pic.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 7:06

What kind of Laptimes are we expecting in the race?
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 7:34

I'm going to be in a go/nogo kind of situation for this one. I'm having a painfull breakout of gout :aie: . Now I'm unable to use the accelerator pedal. I can't say for sure how long this crisis will last.
I'm hoping to have recovered by sunday but I'm not 100% sure of that. My Chevy isn't on the market for this one but could be on Thursday if I saw the pain to be still there.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 8:42

Jason Fitch wrote:

What kind of Laptimes are we expecting in the race?

There won't be the bigger difference we had before between the beginning and end of the stints with only 40 gallons, my guess is around mid 48s for the quickest cars, low 49s for the average ones, and mid 49s-50s for the slowest. It will depend on strategies too, because there will likely be 7 stops, but I think the Foyts with some yellows could do it in 5.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 8:45

Scott Urick wrote:
Don't feel bad, Michael. He's been doing to me for years. He is no stranger to rFactor -- it just needed to be re-installed. Plus, in spite of his speed, there is still a big difference between hot laps and race craft. And us older guys have that big equalizer on our side -- maybe! LOL! Youth and exuberance vs. old age and treachery?

Richard, I'm sorry he got on the HSO server. I put up a separate server for that very reason. As I said before, I didn't give him the p/w but his competitive nature led him to go find it and he's just not familiar with HSO preferences. I will advise him against joining the HSO server if he's not registered for the race.

TBH Dana's laptime with the M16B is quite more impressing that Diego's with the Eagle 73, but he is no doubt alien stuff - and welcomed to race with us when he wants, of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 9:06

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 9:19

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

There won't be the bigger difference we had before between the beginning and end of the stints with only 40 gallons, my guess is around mid 48s for the quickest cars, low 49s for the average ones, and mid 49s-50s for the slowest. It will depend on strategies too, because there will likely be 7 stops, but I think the Foyts with some yellows could do it in 5.

50s-mid 51s for the Chevy
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 9:25

I was refrring to the quickest laps at the end of the stint, so yes, we agree you can do low 50s with the Chevy.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 10:03

perhaps event mid 49s with draft
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 10:42

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:

Well the car might not be getting any better, but at least your optimism is Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 11:12

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Scott Urick wrote:

TBH Dana's laptime with the M16B is quite more impressing that Diego's with the Eagle 73, but he is no doubt alien stuff - and welcomed to race with us when he wants, of course Smile

I wonder what Diego could do with the Smokey Yunick Eagle :hum:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 13:20

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Ludovic Tiengou wrote:

Well the car might not be getting any better, but at least your optimism is Laughing

Not really. With full fuel, no drag I've managed to catch a high 49. So a mid 49 with less fuel and drag doesn't seem to be so unreallistic. It's still slow compaired to others but I don't thing I can manage a better laptime
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 21:51

will not be there
relieve for some here lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 23:59

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Ludovic Tiengou wrote:

Probably the painkillers for his gout lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next