Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)

Go down 
+26
David Jaques
Gérard Ryon
Pascal Le pihive
Arturo Pereira
François Remmen
David Sabre
Martin Lacina
Michael Drechsler
Eric Plana
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jukka Närhi
Lee Simpson
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
Claudio Navonne
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Ludovic Tiengou
Jason Fitch
Jan Kowalski
Mike Becnel
Glenn Corliss
Richard Coxon
Dana Schurer
Jason White
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 19:47

game crash at enter race. Rolling Eyes Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:04

Race 1 - Awol pit crew, game can't decide what order the fields meant to be in under yellow and didn't even get half a lap in under green lol!
Back to top Go down
Arturo Pereira
Club Driver

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:10

Not sure why I was penalized. I entered the pits several times but could not find where to stop. Result: DQed Sad
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:16

Arturo Pereira wrote:
Not sure why I was penalized. I entered the pits several times but could not find where to stop. Result: DQed Sad
Request a pitstop before pitting will put the pitbox on before you get there. I think that at certain times under yellow you are not allowed to pit.
Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:17

Did a really silly mistake at race start  :doh:

sorry Jan Kowalski Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:20

Simon Wattman wrote:
Did a really silly mistake at race start  :doh:

sorry Jan Kowalski Crying or Very sad

a little bit disappointing, but nevermind. The damaged right rear suspension was not so bad :D But had to pit because of my front wing.

See you at heat 2.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:26

Race ruined at qualificatioins. I've done a spin then blew my engine on turn 1.
Then it was sure that starting from behind will only got me troubles. And they came at first restart. I've been hit from behind and my rear wing was damaged. On reaccelaration the car spined. I crashed into the wall and pitstop to repair damage to the front and back wing. One lap behind after 4 laps.
The car was very very odd after repairs. Consequence...i was nearly one second slower than I should be. Side effects too the car became very touchy on turn 2. So touchy I lost it there and blew my engine trying to go back on track.

Well one thing is sure. To be competitive this car needs a much more competent driver than I'm. I was unable to follow anyone in straights even with slipstream. I was also loosing time on every corner pale
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:49

Doh what an idiot ... didnt pit when I should and I had to do it under green :doh: and I had discussed it with Jason previously, who did exactly that :doh: :doh: 

Car was fantastic but got distracted calculating something with HUD and bruised the wall, engine life went to almost zero and blew some laps later pig 

Oh well, not heat 2 :smil20: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 1623587389

PD Excellent job all passed cars, thxs all!  Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:56

BTW server shows up as locked :hum:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:57

perhaps the race isn't over.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:58

It is, the livestream has finished and it is delayed so it must be over.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 21:02

Gimme a minute, I've got a little problem. Gotta reboot!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 21:25

What starts bad, ends bad Evil or Very Mad Not impressed at some of the driving on the back either Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Arturo Pereira
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 21:32

David Sabre wrote:
Arturo Pereira wrote:
Request a pitstop before pitting will put the pitbox on before you get there. I think that at certain times under yellow you are not allowed to pit.

I was ordered to pit as soon as the yellow was shown because of the penalty, so I did that. I came out of the pits and again was ordered to pit because of the penalty. I stopped to see of that cleared the penalty and it didn´t, so I pitted again. So I did a drive through with the same result. When the green was shown, I was ordered again to pit. I didn´t so I was DQed.
Never knew what caused the penalty. Probably I was too worried with traffic to read the complete message.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 21:39

Race 1 - excellent call by all those behind Alberto and I. We gambled and lost.

Race 2 - broke early but not early enough on first restart and hit someone hard. Popped a tir and royally FUBARed car. Sorry to whoever I hit. I saw you checked up too late and could not swing it wide under braking

Popped another tire passing the Greenes and Richard as car would not come close to stopping like it did before. Popped another tire and messed it up more. Game over.

Grats to Dana race one and all of podium and whomever wins and podiums race 2.

Bad races for me generally but got my 2nd pole :banane:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 21:47

Quote :
I was ordered to pit as soon as the yellow was shown because of the penalty, so I did that. I came out of the pits and again was ordered to pit because of the penalty. I stopped to see of that cleared the penalty and it didn´t, so I pitted again. So I did a drive through with the same result. When the green was shown, I was ordered again to pit. I didn´t so I was DQed.
Never knew what caused the penalty. Probably I was too worried with traffic to read the complete message.

Many people were slow at the starts and the game ordered the next car through, maybe it also assesed penalties. IIRC you cant serve them under yellow/pace lap.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 21:52

I too realised I should've pitted during the caution :doh: So I finally pitted under green, gained a few places and noticed Jason was four or five seconds ahead of me in third place. I thought to myself, I will catch him, and set off :conduit: I was right on the ragged edge, reeling him in little by little. Got past, but of course couldn't pull away :D The last 10 laps were really intense, me trying to keep Jason behind and working my way around lapped cars. I was very happy to finish in third place in what is easily one of the best races I've ever had Very Happy

As a result of my good finish I had high hopes for heat 2. Alas, I messed up a gear change on the restart and blew the engine :doh:
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:35

First of all sry for the one chat message during race 2. Won´t happend again.

Race 1 - Had damaged my suspension and front wing, so i was a lap down and crashed finally.

Race 2 - Interesting race. I really felt better in this race. Btw thanks for the set Jason. It was the first race where i made a good pit stop strategy going through the cautions. Until it all end with 20 laps or so to go when two cars which were a lap down collided beside me and take me out and some other guys. :grrr:

Sry Jacob for the bump at turn 1 in the middle of the race. I had a damaged rear wing, suspension and the left of the car was damaged too.

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 23:08; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:37

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :

Many people were slow at the starts and the game ordered the next car through, maybe it also assesed penalties. IIRC you cant serve them under yellow/pace lap.

Penalty for driving too slow under Yellow is being moved to the end of the line. If you were ordered to Pit then you had a Drive Through or a Stop and Go.

If it was a Stop and Go there would've been a Red and Green light up in the Corner of your screen. If it was a Drive Through it would've been 2 arrows up there.

For a Drive Through and a Stop and Go, you have to serve them under Green. Also you have to request a Pit Stop BEFORE you enter and the option to serve the penalty will be at the top of the Pit Menu.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:41

That was brilliant driving Dana, congrats :top: :clap: Also nice drives to podium for Jacob and especially my team mate Jason, good job!

I feel really sad after having had what maybe was the quickest car at the track, and I screwed things royally in the worst possible race, that counts double. This is going to hurt big time later in the season Sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:43

Well i was hoping for more, wich is a lot to say after Texas.

Got a good starting position and i was ready to do battle.

Race 1: Got damage right from the start, from people bumping into me. A less than stellar stop made me have to chase the field once again, and after a great fight with Richard, i managed to get to 7th.

Race 2: got a good start and was among the front group! When i timely yellow came out i darted to the pits, but someone somewhere got me damage, so my pit crew decided to fix it, and put me a lap down! After that i tried all i could to unlap myself, i passed all the leaders except Dana who kept pulling away after every restart. Then i had a change to move a spot when Mikula got a lap down again, but on the restart when i went to the outside, he swerved into me, i crashed, and i think i took Richard C and Jan with me....disappointing race...
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:52

Incredible execution by Dana in both races. Congrats to Jason race 2. I was hoping you and Dana would fight it out but the Dana show was on and that was it! Big congrats to all finishers, especially Ludovoc who absolutely gutted this one out.

Sorry if I was out of synch with Ben's broadcast. I was back on in visitor mode with no stats to review. Rather difficult to announce!

Thx Ben and Jonatan for race directing and announcing.
Back to top Go down
Arturo Pereira
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:52

Jason Fitch wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :

Penalty for driving too slow under Yellow is being moved to the end of the line. If you were ordered to Pit then you had a Drive Through or a Stop and Go.

If it was a Stop and Go there would've been a Red and Green light up in the Corner of your screen. If it was a Drive Through it would've been 2 arrows up there.

For a Drive Through and a Stop and Go, you have to serve them under Green. Also you have to request a Pit Stop BEFORE you enter and the option to serve the penalty will be at the top of the Pit Menu.

THanks for the explanation Jason! I never requested a pitstop.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:53

Heat 2: a nightmare. got my tyres caught by the "black hole" in the wall twice. Two spins two crash 4laps lost. Got crashed another time don't know why early in the race. too bad as I've had quite a good start. My homemade set wasn't so bad. Mixed with the one Jason send me (thanks for it :chinois: ), the car was able to follow the pace. But, well...the car can, the driver can't geek . 1 lap lost then. got taken into the last crash also. Puncture tyres and once again two laps lost. Made another mistake in turn 1 as I remember. Mistakes here we are.

My car was a pittyfull wreck at the end. All four suspensions were bent. Both flanks were yellow. I've also lost both the front (twice for front I think) and rear wing during the race. The engine was near death at the end losing nearly 20 km/h in the straight. the driver was near extinction himself (not recover from a little food poisoning Evil or Very Mad )? But I managed to get it to the checkered :flag: which is quite an exploit given the circumstances.

Definitely not a great race at all either in H1 or in H2. I'll not remember this one for sure. On a good side I've scored points as it seems in H2. As we said in french "ce qui est pris n'est plus à prendre". That's two checkered out of 3 and two timer for points. Quite more I've excepted in fact.

See you at Indy
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2016 - 22:55

Woohoo! That went better than expected. I even got to lead a lap!

Race 1 was ok, stayed out of trouble, and got lucky with attrition. 6th was mighty fine.

I then noticed that had used the wrong setup! While nothing wrong with it, it wasn't as fine tuned as the setup I intended to use. So for race 2, I used my better setup, and found a bit of pace just like that.

And my Foyt engine meant that my restarts were lightning! That's how I jumped from 6th to the lead at the start, and that's how I missed the pile-up (lol at that). Dana was too strong for me, I had no chance against the faster cars when they got clean air. Still, 3rd is a great finish here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next