Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]

Go down 
+26
Simon Wattman
Vincent Beretta
Eric Plana
Mick Chapman
Jose Berenguer
David Jaques
Glenn Corliss
Gérard Ryon
Philippe Martinelli
Konstantin Zubov
Joel Sixou
David Sabre
Petr Hlavac
Jan Kowalski
Greg Hunt
Raymond Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Matthias Weber
Pascal Le pihive
Ludovic Tiengou
Martin Lacina
Steve Settanta
Pascal Mikula
Jacob Fredriksson
Dana Schurer
Ben Paulet
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:24

I was having a very nice battle for 4th with Mathias, but then we were laping Pascal. I admit that it was a little risky to go three wide before the chicane, but had Pascal stayed in his line and didn't suddenly move to the middle of the track, it wouln't be a problem at all. Sadly, i lost my front wing and 40s in pits. Finally made it to 8th after a good fight with Raul and desperate attempt to chase Dana.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:28

Results and standings updated. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:29

Im lucky that i saw a finish while i had two laps from GREG.. Man i admire your speed!! My car is crazy. When i want to brake i always block the front wheels. The weight distribution Front 33,5:66,5 Rear is very difficult to improve with setup. Maybe i need your advise what i have to do. Anyway that i drove into the finish because i felt like on boat. :-)
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:33

I was about not to race here, track first seen riht before Q session and finaly with new pedal set

DIY pedals

and now it is bigger fun to drive this beast car after I accomodate little to hard brake pedal

I used the clutch too because upshifts in this mod are  more cleaner with it and without overreving engine agains shifting only by throtle lifts

shame the grid because someone hit my suspension, i don't no why whwn there is no room anybony needs push so much, it was clear that with this tight grid will be problem, whole race i must compensate the wheel and be more carefully o brakes because the suspension was bent alittle

but i first time overtake someones on track after a loooooong time :banane:
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:41

No problem David, just one of those things mate.
Joel sorry we touched but I had damage and was pitting, I moved to the right to allow cars to pass but you went right too not knowing I could not get on the power. shame I had the pace to do well here.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:45

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Finally made it to 8th after a good fight with Raul .

Petr, those were the best few laps in my racing career :top:
Too bad I lost the car on the uphill, I think I could stalled you for few laps more... but man, you were putting pressure on me, really great! Finally, I hope I didnt made any dirty move, becose those mirrors are total chaos, I was aware of your real position only whe you vere on either side of me, so I could see you in real mirrors...

thanks man!

And, congratulations to Greg, you really are from out of this planet :D
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:57

Petr Hlavac wrote:
I was having a very nice battle for 4th with Mathias, but then we were laping Pascal. I admit that it was a little risky to go three wide before the chicane, but had Pascal stayed in his line and didn't suddenly move to the middle of the track, it wouln't be a problem at all. Sadly, i lost my front wing and 40s in pits. Finally made it to 8th after a good fight with Raul and desperate attempt to chase Dana.

I was really shocked was happened there. I saw Pascal completely to the left, i assumed that you would attack me again on the brakes, but thenn i only heard that big crash and flying parts.

Also strange moment with Yves, tried to counter attack, but locked my brakes on turn 3, the he crashed right into the barrels. On my replay i didn't touch him, but sorry for being more agressive today.

Later my tires went down really fast, so no chance to attack the top3.

Gratz to the podium!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 22:14

Matthias Weber wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:

I was really shocked was happened there. I saw Pascal completely to the left, i assumed that you would attack me again on the brakes, but thenn i only heard that big crash and flying parts.

Also strange moment with Yves, tried to counter attack, but locked my brakes on turn 3, the he crashed right into the barrels. On my replay i didn't touch him, but sorry for being more agressive today.

Later my tires went down really fast, so no chance to attack the top3.

Gratz to the podium!

Well... Basically a bad race for me... The start was bad, I lost my front wing, didn't even thing it was that bad without one but then suddenly my engine started to smoke, even with normal to low temperatures, that's why I was even slower than before... I saw you three coming behind me and I was almost on the grass, when Petr hit me at almost full speed... That cost my rear wing and punctured my rear right tyre.. So I did a pit stop but after the pit stop my engine blew up half a lap after... So yeah... A Race to forget... Congratulations to the winners anyways..
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016 - 22:31

Raul Jereb wrote:

Petr, those were the best few laps in my racing career :top:

My pleasure, Raul. It was a fine, clean fight :top:

Pascal Mikula wrote:

I saw you three coming behind me and I was almost on the grass, when Petr hit me at almost full speed...

Yes, you were almost on the grass some two seconds before we collided. Maybe it was a lag, but in the race and in the replay too, you suddenly moved to the right and at the moment of impact, there was a full car-width between you and the white line. Whatever, shit happens...
Back to top Go down
Steve Settanta
Rookie
Steve Settanta

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2016-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2016 - 7:09

First of all thanks to Ben for the setup.

My first race....so my attitude was "keep calm and wait the chequered flag".
In the first laps I battled a little with Pascal and his "modified" car.
With the Ben setup the car was more friendly to handle and hoped to finish the race. Unfortunately in the downslope after the start i lost control and banged against the wall!
The next time I will try to do better. I can't understand what was wrong with my setup...at Donnybrooke was not too bad but here the car had a "rodeo attitude"....any suggest will be accepted. Very Happy
It was a pleasure race with you all.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2016 - 10:05

Steve Settanta wrote:
First of all thanks to Ben for the setup.

My first race....so my attitude was "keep calm and wait the chequered flag".
In the first laps I battled a little with Pascal and his "modified" car.
With the Ben setup the car was more friendly to handle and hoped to finish the race. Unfortunately in the downslope after the start i lost control and banged against the wall!
The next time I will try to do better. I can't understand what was wrong with my setup...at Donnybrooke was not too bad but here the car had a "rodeo attitude"....any suggest will be accepted. Very Happy
It was a pleasure race with you all.
About setup, you're welcome.
When you are lapped, you don't need to eat the grass :D , keep your line is enough. The fasters drivers will know how to overtake you. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Steve Settanta
Rookie
Steve Settanta

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2016 - 10:21

Ok Ben,

I know I'm not the fast driver of the pack and I am afraid to ruin the race of the fastest ones. Wink
However I will keep a more "serious and professional" composure on next races. :D
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2016 - 10:56

I understand you too, it's always delicate the firsts steps in a new league. Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve Settanta
Rookie
Steve Settanta

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2016 - 11:03

Quote :
I understand you too, it's always delicate the firsts steps in a new league.

Yes, specially when you drive those "cigars with wings" that slips everywhere..... affraid
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2016 - 18:54

I'm on Pascal Mikulas side, Greg should be disallowed to use his "warp drive" in the next race :jp:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2016 - 11:47

la plus grande satisfaction pour moi ce soir la , ma pole en  1.18.237 :conduit: :yaa:  

well done all finishers , see ya next round

:first:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]   Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Road Atlanta Grand Prix [30th March]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3