Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)

Go down 
+36
Andre Cunha
Greg Hunt
David Jaques
Ben Paulet
Alessio Campigotto
François Remmen
Dylan Canton
Richard Coxon
Philippe Martinelli
Jean-Marie Placais
David Jundt
Mick Chapman
Didier Conjeaud
Petr Hlavac
Raymond Riddall
Florkin Marc
Jason Fitch
Michal Janak
Vincent Beretta
Matthias Weber
Gérard Ryon
Yves Plaçais
Pascal Le pihive
Glenn Corliss
Steve Parker
Martin Audran
Raul Jereb
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Alberto Ibañez
Roman Koranda
Jonatan Acerclinth
Dana Schurer
Mike Becnel
Jan Kowalski
Jason White
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 21:55

I am so so totally gutted...........and quite pissed off with myself....How many times have I not prepared myself for the start procedure, though this was just the smaller issue.....Had I looked closer offline, I would have realised there was a seperate red light for warning off start....so I am sat there for 10 seconds with engine on max revs and it overheats......then when I see green light (I was pleased to be so far up thegrid to be able to see it!!!)   but no one moves and I have to stamp on the brakes to avoid shunting mike. I get shunted from behind and rear suspension damaged and unrepairable.

On immediate reflection, I wonder why, when I am able to avoid shunting guy ahead those behind cant avoid shunting me??........this is in ger=neral and not specific to today......Edit - and I blame NO ONE but I for my retirement

After 4.000 miles on the clock of the WR1 I managed to work out how to drive it at the 11th hour.........I was so looking forward to how I could manage tyres and if I could stay in top 10

I am so so depressed now.....what do I do.........??
Back to top Go down
Roman Koranda
Club Driver
Roman Koranda

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 22:00

Disappointment. Sad

Good preparation for quali and then drops the connection.

So maybe next time :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 22:00

Roman Koranda wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
something wrong i remain alone and no connection lost sign

same my

This is the wierdest disconnection ever. Three drivers from one country elimitated at exactly the same time. I'm so disappointed Crying or Very sad At least we can watch the outstanding live coverage :top:
Back to top Go down
Roman Koranda
Club Driver
Roman Koranda

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 22:08

You're right Peter,

Also I watch live and to chilled beer.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:26

Congrats to Mr. Ryon and Mr. Chapman!  Now the anthems:

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: What a difficult race! tyres, tyres, tyres   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:40

After i qualified 18th with a low 1:44 i got away at the start and keep it cool, so i was in a good position in the midfield. The next laps there were little fights, but i only looked at my tyres, so i only tried to keep good laptimes. Until the half of the race i gained postition after position, so i had Matthias Weber and Yves in front of me. Matthias missed the breaking point on the long straight (or just tyres?) so i managed to get by and start to follow my fellow Ensign driver Yves Smile I tried to drive safely (i´m not that skilled by now with overtaking due to a long abscene in rFactor and HSO) and was looking for a gap. On the start finish line i made a move and break late into turn 1, so i was in 7th position.
In the end someone retired so i was in 6th place. But there was Vincent who had good speed on the last 15th laps of the race. I didn´t realize he was a competitor for 6th and thought there were some blue flags so i let him by. Its a little bit disappointing not to get in the points, but there was no chance to keep 6th place. So i made a good 7th :champ:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:51

Wooo!
That became a pretty good race! I wasn't very optimistic ahead of the race, after an uninspired qualifying session. 8th was okay.
The start was exciting. At least two cars ahead of me cocked up, and I was 3rd! Tried to keep up with the front runners, but dropped back to 5th and tried to keep in contact.
First half was pretty much tactical, calculating fuel economy and not being too hard on the tyres. Me and Riddall had a very tactical battle, seemed like no one wanted be ahead for a while!

Then, at about halfway, a complete idiot of a lapped car first blocked me for a lap, then promptly rammed me off the track! Lost about 10 seconds in all, and so I said to me myself "no more saving! Flat out from now on". I was pretty pissed off at this stage.

For quite a while, I couldn't really gain anything on Ray, but my car got a bit quicker as the fuel burned. Near the end, Ray must've had some problems, because I could gain a lot each lap, and since my ATS had pretty good top speed, I passed very easily on the long straight.

Very pleased with 3rd place! The ATS have very "primitive" aerodynamics, so I'm quite surprised over this result at a track like Jacarepagua. Kyalami next up, one of my all time favorite tracks.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:58

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Until the half of the race i gained postition after position, so i had Matthias Weber and Yves in front of me. Matthias missed the breaking point on the long straight (or just tyres?)

No not the tires, missed that same braking point 5 times because of my dumbness... :doh: (Although the whole race was very irritating, because my cockpit flickered all the time and on the long straight a had a strange "light on/off" effect)

5 times x 5 Seconds, yeah could have been points, but all cars in front of me were faster, so i think no difference.

Gratz to the Winners :drink: , but i cannot believe Jacob was driving the same car... Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2016 - 23:59

Matthias Weber wrote:

Gratz to the Winners  :drink: , but i cannot believe Jacob was driving the same car... Suspect

You two need to compare notes  study
Back to top Go down
Jan Titz
Experienced Driver
Jan Titz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:00

Perhabs I was the "complete idiot of a lapped car"... Embarassed
I miss my braking point after I was lapped and crashed into the back of someone Rolling Eyes
BIG SORRY !
Back to top Go down
http://www.Racing-Association.de
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:01

by the way, what was going on at the start, 50% of the field fell asleep????

Had to drive completely over the grass to avoid Dana - P7 after Turn 1 from 14th - yeah at least one highlight for me cheers

And Sorry Yves for bumping into your back, didn't expect that Gearshift at this moment. i hope nothing damaged on your car

Last edited by Matthias Weber on Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:07

Points are up. Screenies to follow after server housekeeping...
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:09

Terrible performance by me. Lots of sleepers on track at race start. Jumped to 4th lap 1 and went wide off track at end of main straight. Lost 3 places then caught back up then did it again two more times. As I was again catching those that passed me Jan spun while he was in a pack and I saw him too late. Caught him with my right front. Had to pit for a wing and tires. Upon exit the RF was toed in slightly and car pulled left but it was predictable. Wear was heavy on the RF so had to pit again and chose sorts to go for a fast lap moral victory. I think I got it but not sure.

Terrible race my part. Someone lost it in front of me late and we touched, I hope I did not hurt you bad.

Thank god I get an upgraded car next race!

Edit: Vincent got the fast lap, nicely done sir!

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:13

Finally rewarded myself with points :D

5th place is very good, considering from where I came from. Not to mention I rushed home to take part, only got 10 minutes of qualy and nearly lost my beanie on the way home Rolling Eyes

But Jonatan just told&showed me he could do 1:47.6 right from the start with my car, which was nearly as fast as my best lap time, so I wonder how I didn't manage to drive 1:46 at all Shocked

I need to do better if I want to be an alien :langue:

Surtees on the points map though, gotta thank my teammate Steve Parker for helping me out though, would have probably killed the tyres with my setup! :drink:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:17

:clap: cheers :first: :champ: :papy:
La total:première position,premier a passé le :flag: première victoire chez HSO. Sad
Bon,Greg absent,deconnection pour certain.La course,n'a pas été de tous repos.Il fallait gérer,la dégradation des pneus,les doubler,puis Philippe a ma poursuite.
Bravo aux finisseurs,et a l'organisation de cette évènement.
Merci,pour l'hymne national belge. :top:
Back to top Go down
Emil Gersak
Rookie
Emil Gersak

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:17

Firs grats to winner.  cheers
More than one year I´m not to drive this famous cars. Thanks for race with HSO community.
Start was acuratly OK. Too much carbon let to fly on the air. :conduit:
After some first laps I standing on a 10 th place.  What a Face  Mr. Kowalski riding on my neck push too much. I was very nervous, but still I had 10 th place. But I heve trouble with my leg on throttle. I leaved 10 th position to 12. But ok for me. Problem with foot stay and about 15 laps to go I left my front wingl. Problem was that, than it wil be on last turn and I must go all lap to pit. My affraid mechanics not change only wing, but and tyre. A stuped hard. :grrr: I leaved pit on 16 th place, but some pilots behind me get me 13 th position o finish.
Thank You for this race. It was very fun .
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCscT6wQROnstutlBDDh6GYw
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:26

Well.... That was dissapointed, all the hard work for nothing Crying or Very sad

Practice and Qualifying:

Was lacking practice so made use of my experience from the track in moderner cars on a different layout and managed to get a very consistent race setup together, it was slow, I thought, but very very nice and easy to drive...

Surprised myself with a 47 or 46 in qualifying which I'm very happy with :D

Race:

The race got underway and I struggled a tiny bit but very quickly found some speed and was actually battling for positions which I thought I'd have no business doing.

Ran strongly in the top 15 for a while and close to a top 12 and then had a screen freeze on the back straight and then another one entering the last sector so decided to drop back just to be out of everyones way for a bit in case it happened again. Sorry for the scare Jan Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 3108518133

Found it to be packet loss caused by my phone (which is now dead by the way) and found myself in 19th and so I pushed hard. I overdrove the car a bit so it was worse than it should have been later into the race but I managed to find my way up the field with a few nice battles along the way. Sorry to those whos' rear ends I nudged under braking, I clearly had very good tires compared to most :smil20:

Soon got up to behind Emil and we had a bit of a tuzzle. Lost time and a position to Vincent who shot up when we started to battle. In the end found my way by and was gapping him quite nicely and catching up to Yves who I think I had passed with about 18 laps to go or so.

With about 8 to go I caught up to Dana and sadly she halfspun in the hairpin before the backstraight and I didn't react in time so hit her. The hit wasn't harder than the nudges previously in the races so didn't think anything of it but when I came to Sol the car went straight on and I had no way to stop the car. I think I must have had a lost wing since the tires were fine when I was on the grass at least...
Sorry for hitting you Dana Sad

So found the wall and my race was over. Extremely frustrating as I felt like I could clearly catch Matthias before the end of the race and with a secure top 10 allready in the bag Crying or Very sad

Oh well, at least it's a step in the right direction after Buenos Aires and a good way to feel that you are improving. Now I just need to Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 1623587389 my mechanics so that they find some more power in the Ford Engine, was loosing out to the Theodore or Hesketh of Emil on the straights, not something I was expecting... Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, thanks for the event and see you all in South Africa, where I will most likely struggle because of the fast corners... :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:45

Mick Chapman wrote:
I am so so totally gutted...........and quite pissed off with myself....How many times have I not prepared myself for the start procedure, though this was just the smaller issue.....Had I looked closer offline, I would have realised there was a seperate red light for warning off start....so I am sat there for 10 seconds with engine on max revs and it overheats......then when I see green light (I was pleased to be so far up thegrid to be able to see it!!!)   but no one moves and I have to stamp on the brakes to avoid shunting mike. I get shunted from behind and rear suspension damaged and unrepairable.

On immediate reflection, I wonder why, when I am able to avoid shunting guy ahead those behind cant avoid shunting me??........this is in ger=neral and not specific to today......Edit - and I blame NO ONE but I for my retirement

After 4.000 miles on the clock of the WR1 I managed to work out how to drive it at the 11th hour.........I was so looking forward to how I could manage tyres and if I could stay in top 10

I am so so depressed now.....what do I do.........??

Just watched server replay to get a closer look at my start........Totally screwed that up. Now I can not remember what was going through my mind at the time but basically I jumped the start by some margin.

Really sorry Pascal...........and sorry for implying it may have been any one else's fault!!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:46

Yea I was wondering, I left right on time and launched well. Don't beat yourself up, s--- happens!
Back to top Go down
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:55

Well, I'm just glad I finished. :smil20:

Between a slow-starting car ahead and a tall first gear, I got away poorly then found myself braking seconds later as cars that had gone to the grass jumped back on track ahead. Having survived that chaos, I slotted into the outside line for T1 only to be pushed off by an already wingless Pascal as he bounced off the back of Didier.

I got out of the gravel with all my wheels and wings still attached but discovered in T6 that I had in fact earned some suspension damage as my rear snapped out and threw me into a barrier. After pitting for a new wing, I rejoined in 22nd and took a few laps to get to know my now mercilessly twitchy car before setting to the task of making up places. I eventually picked up seven positions from attrition and three on-track including a pretty good scrap with Raul. P12, forgettable but better than nothing.

Apologies to Jonatan for my oversteer moment in the hairpin near the end of the race. I felt bad when I saw your front wing pop off and even worse when you went straight on in T6.

Here's hoping Kyalami will bring better luck.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 0:56

I just watched "MY" replay.........and the lights were DEFINITELY  GREEN  when I started.....(But RED in SERVER replay??????!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 1:53

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 3:07

Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1133

Lots of people catching some z's at the start!  Sleep :hihi:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 10:09

A tough race for me in Richard's Tyrrell with lots of off track moments.
The start was difficult in the mid-field with some cars starting slow, heading into Turn 1 there were a lot of cars bunched up and the only option for me was to head onto the grass. I made a quick recovery and had some battles as I tried to get get to the midfield, I had too much downforce to make overtaking easy as even in the slipstream most cars were faster than me on the straights and I made too many mistakes while trying to overtake. Towards the end of the race I kept catching up with Jan Titz in the Merzario and it was really difficult to get past him.
I forgot to check my tyres at the end of the race but they felt ok, no need for a long pitstop to change tyres as some people had predicted.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2016 - 10:11

It was certainly a very entertaining race to watch Very Happy I'm pleased to say that, besides the logical nerves, tension and confussion at the starts, as well as the occasional error (Which the real pros also suffer anyway), the driving standards are generally being excellent by everyone :top:  

Saddest notes of the race, the disconnection of three drivers Sad and the problems that François suffered with the Renault. I really wanted to see that car get up to speed, it is one of my favourites. But I guess that at Kyalamy he will be able to scare a bit some of the quicker rides. :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)   Round 2 - Jacarepaguá  (Jan 24th) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Jacarepaguá (Jan 24th)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next