Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]

Go down 
+17
Dylan Canton
Jan Titz
Gérard Ryon
Petr Hlavac
Jacob Fredriksson
Luis Botelho
Alessio Campigotto
Ruben Freitas
Nuno Miguel Abreu
Raul Jereb
Richard Wilks
Roberto Mello
Dave Miller
Alain Maurice
Yves Plaçais
Jason White
Richard Coxon
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 19:13

Hi ,only joined today but is it all right if I can race tonight. If so would like the Alfa #30 please.

Thanks Ray.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 19:14

Raymond Riddall wrote:
Hi ,only joined today but is it all right if I can race tonight. If so would like the Alfa #30 please.

Thanks Ray.

Yeah that's fine Raymond :top:

Are you familiar with the start procedure? Link on the first page of this post if you are unsure.

See you on track :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 19:21

Yes have read the start procedure its new to me, hope I get it right Embarassed

Ray
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 19:44

Raymond Riddall wrote:
Yes have read the start procedure its new to me, hope I get it right Embarassed

Ray

Quali is starting now. :yaa: Better log on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Ruben Freitas
Club Driver
Ruben Freitas

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 19:50

Sorry guys, i can't do this race tonight Sad

Looking forward for the next races on sundays
Back to top Go down
http://nolimitsracingteam.blogspot.pt/
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 20:19

Connection lost when race session started. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 21:07

I barely got the game running, as i had to install everything from scratch after windows reinstall. Nuno gave me a set that was too oversteery for me and i qualified badly. But I moved break balance towards front and the car suddenly became very nice to drive. Thanks a lot for help, Nuno! :top: The race itself was a lot of fun, as i moved from P14 to P5 in some 10 laps. Then it was clear that Jan was too fast and i just wanted to finish the race. Unfortunately, i lost connection. It must be something with the mod, as it never happens while racing anything else. I got two disconnections in Montlhery and i got one today, all with Historix. Anyway, it was fun and the only thing i regret is bad statisctics here at HSO. See you next time :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 21:37

Was hard work, manhandle the supra around there was a challenge!  :yaa:

Qualy didnt went so well, and then in the race at the start i had to brake so i wouldnt rear end Jason, and i overfuelled on top of that, so i lost positions and ground on the first few laps Mad .
But after that, i settled into the my rythm the medium and hard tires combo keeping the temperatures in check, and i was able to keep two of the BMWs at bay after they came together, and at the end i caught Jason, and almost got to Alain bounce .

All in all good fun and a shame toyota didnt invest more on the car :hihi:

Congrats Jo "the drift" for the win, and all the finishers!

Thanks Richard for organizing :drink:

Last edited by Richard Wilks on Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 21:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 21:45

Well... That was hard but a lot of fun Very Happy

Didn't spend that much time, spent maybe 4 hours in total getting the car the way I wanted it to be (some 15 minutes there and then another few minutes another day) and found the car to be very nice around here, very kind to my driving style once I managed to get the front end to do what I wanted it to.

Qualifying:

Went out and tried to set a resonable lap as a banker but managed to spin and then, when taking it easy, hit the wall of death on the outside before the long straight and had to go back to the pits.

With that I only had 1 lap to set a time to so took it with relative ease, didn't push where I knew I shouldn't push and so on and it worked out well, 2nd on the grid was way more than I thought I would be able to pick up Shocked Surprised Smile

Race:

The race started and I managed to get a good start, not a blistering one, but it was good enough to outdrag Yves down to Turn1 and then I could get a bit of a gap which I needed to get the tires up to temperature and the first couple of laps was my weakest of the whole race (I knew this since I did a race simulation and also the way I knew that I had the car set up).

Soon came under a bit of preassure from Yves who caught up but I could stay ahead while not making any misstakes and then Jacob caught us up and a 3-way duel commenced between us. In essence it was me trying to stay ahead biding my time while Yves and Jacob faught for 2nd place and a chance at a go at me.

I got lucky 16 or so laps in when Jacob made a misstake at the 90 left in the last sector and they, as I udnerstood afterwards, had a slight come together allowing me to get a 7 second lead after having had at most 1.8 for most of the opening half of the race.

After this I just tried to keep the car on the road while not making a fatal misstake which I was able to pull off. Also had a bit of fun drifting the car at times through the opening sector, perfect place for such childishness  Twisted Evil  Razz  :hihi:  :D  Very Happy

I'm really happy with the win, especially considering the VK not being the most ideal car for the circuit (in my previous experience at least) :champ: :banane: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 3108518133

Now I will celebrate with a little lemonade after a shower Smile

Thanks for the fun and the racing as well as organizing it all, was a lot of fun :first: :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 21:50

Results are up  :flag:

But there are a few issues regarding the car information. Gold star results will be up when the issue is solved.

Well done Jonatan :first:

Thanks all that entered :top:
Back to top Go down
Nuno Miguel Abreu
Rookie
Nuno Miguel Abreu

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-08-04

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 22:25

Great, Great "racing Weekend"

I've done some laps to know the awsome M3 and the tricky track Razz

Q: Better then i expected, P3 with almost my lap record, Not Bad

R: Green Lights on affraid
Lost one place in the start, lost another in the first laps, and the fun started, great fight with Richard and Jan.

Passed Richard with a Cross in the hair pin and after some laps "fighting" with Jan i hit the wall in the inside of the chicane and the cars was projected to wall in the other side. Repaired that and left the pits 9 seconds in front of Richard.

Trying to catch the P11 an P12 puted a tire on the grass while braking and spon, again fighting with Richard i hit "the wall of dead" and the car realy died.

Final result, a DNF (was exepecting a lot more than that Very Happy ) and a very good race with lots of respect with the driver "next door".

I realy had enjoy to race here so i hope we met on track again soon.

Congrats to all and thanks to those who prepared this race :champ:

Last edited by Nuno Miguel Abreu on Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 22:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2015 - 22:26

That was a great drive, Jonatan. I thought my race pace was good enough in the first half, then my tires went away and I had to fend off Yves. Real fun combination, the Holden and this track. Thanks for organizing this!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015 - 1:31

Richard Coxon wrote:
Results are up  :flag:

But there are a few issues regarding the car information. Gold star results will be up when the issue is solved.

Side views are up now. Not sure why the car information is absent scratch
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015 - 9:26

I hope you enjoyed the race. I was so angry to see "connection lost" when we jumped in the race session. :grrr:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015 - 21:38

HSO Gold Star points have been updated  :flag:

This time, points are separately awarded to A and B classes.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015 - 22:14

Great, great fun..

I was struggling with Toyota, then mr. Wilks helped me a lot with his setup which was too drifty for me, bat gave me some directions for more experiments, which finaly proved ok..

But as someone said, its not in the setup, but in the driver :D
First I smashed front end heavy while scraching my swety back, and then lost a car in the fas right one, and could not restart the engine.. it was a lap or two to the race end, which makes it more bitter than Id like, but again, great race, great track... enjoyed it all the way.

thanks the maker (Richard)
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:12

Hmm the replay download asks for the FTP password scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:26

Richard Wilks wrote:
Hmm the replay download asks for the FTP password scratch

Will rectify as soon as, thanks for informing.

Edit : Should be working now :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]   1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1987 South Australia Cup, Formula 1 support race [Aug 16th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3