Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]

Go down 
+28
Philippe Martinelli
Didier Conjeaud
Alessio Campigotto
Greg Hunt
Mick Chapman
Petr Hlavac
James Knowles
Jacob Fredriksson
Guillaume Siebert
Matthias Weber
Jan Titz
Steve Parker
Pascal Le pihive
Frank Verplanken
Karel Marciniszyn
Roma Ljubchik
Mario Gassner
Gérard Ryon
Roberto Mello
Cláudio Augusto
Raul Jereb
Vincent Beretta
Claudio Navonne
finally gone :)
Lee Simpson
Richard Coxon
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Audran
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 0:32

Engine was gone before that, After that hit, Weirdly it only knocked the front wing off, No rear suspension or wing damage. I was sat there hoping I could possibly restart it someway.
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 0:35

Your engine died from back pain Richard...
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 9:10

Quote :
Engine was gone before that, After that hit, Weirdly it only knocked the front wing off, No rear suspension or wing damage. I was sat there hoping I could possibly restart it someway.

Maybe you bounced from the wall? Going backwards could also stall the engine :hum:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 10:38

Maybe, But in the end, why has the mod being made so the car stalls if you have auto clutch on? Only mod that I know that does it, I can understand loosing rear wheels will kill it, but not just coming to a stop with only a puncture.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 10:43

Couldn't it just be that this mod a slightly bugged regarding damages ? Richard and Pascal at Long Beach, Rocky at Vancouver, it's starting to make a lot of weird stuff...
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 12:02

Or is it, as JP pointed out to me, that these cars had no "starters". If you stall, the engine will refire eventually. (After about ten seconds) which I assume is to simulate the arrival of the recovery truck to give you a bump start. So I guess the modders thought that not stalling the engine whilst auto clutch is enebled would be an unfair advantage ???

Although I was happy with my pace, I hadn't spent enough time (unwelcome distractions) to work out "alternate /distant braking markers" so couldn't confidently follow closely.

But I was mighty impressed with how I handled full course yellows, avoiding stricken cars, watching out for following cars when I had to make sudden changes of direction..etc....So survived 4 yellows and upto 12th (from 23rd?) But alas, had to blow it accelerating out of the last corner (well someway out of the corner) in a straight line, and spun.....due to cold tyres I guess.duh. Impressed myself again getting on the move after piling into wall without causing another full course yellow.....puncture etc, but after pitting, car felt worse!!??

Anyway, despite all these cautions, I am enjoying it. It adds another dimension, and an excercise in discipline. Yeh, some of the annommolies, I imagine, can be a pain.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 14:27

I don't think it does restart, if it does it must be longer than 10 seconds as I was sat there for what felt like 30 secs. But anyway, the car shouldn't stall as auto clutch is engaged, The engine died I believe, for some unknown reason as I said before, I only had a puncture, Perhaps it is something like a bug in the mod as Frank mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 17:56

oula je rentre du taff et je me dis que je vais me re délecter de mes 2 arsouilles avec Martin et alors que je me regale sur la 1 ere quelle déception sur la 2 eme Shocked Shocked  mes plus plates excuses Martin , je ne te laisse pas du tout suffisamment de place a l interieur et je me suis rabattu trop fort sur toi , vraiment désolé Embarassed Embarassed  comme quoi un sentiment sympa en live au volant  peut se transformer en " honte " en vue exterieure sur un replay , meme si j avais le sentiment que tu etais plus décalé sur l arriere et la droite , et qu o n y voit rien sur le cote dans ces voitures ce n est pas une excuse . désolé Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 18:03

Vincent Beretta wrote:
Déçu. Cette fois, on n'a pas attendu le 2eme virage du 1er tour, on m'a refait tout l'arriere avant même la ligne de départ. Incroyable.

Mauvaise soirée...

Avant l'épingle, lors du départ, j'ai mis beaucoup de temps à réagir au ralentissement des voitures devant-moi, désolé Vincent je suis rentré dans ta voiture... Je ne sais pas si tu as abandonné à cause de çà, ta voiture a sans doute été abîmée dans le choc? Entièrement de ma faute, excuse-moi...

En ce qui me conserne j'ai cassé l'avant sur cette faute, après l'arrêt aux stands pour réparer (sous drapeau jaune) j'ai repris la piste et au drapeau vert je suis rentré dans Ben qui repartait après un accrochage, il ne m'a pas vu, et là encore j'ai mal estimé la distence, je percute sa voiture et j'abîme la direction... Dans ces conditions il était impossible que je continue la course, trop compliqué... Il vallait mieux abandonner avant de causer peut-être d'autres ennuies...

Non, hier-soir çà n'allait pas bien du tout... pale
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 18:19

Was expecting a lot of yellows so decided to stick boost on 5 and softs on with a plan to pit quite early into the race and make a 2nd stop later in the race. Unfortunately, was hit by someone on the first lap in the last corner/hairpin causing yellow damage to the rear and making it quite unstable so came into the pits on the second yellow.
On the restart, was surprised by everyone slowing up on the back straight and lightly bumped Alberto a few times (sorry) before another yellow came out Sleep After a 4th or 5th yellow, I began to lose concentration when following Gerard and had to step heavily on the brakes which surprised Steve behind and he ran into the back of me causing him to lose his front wing, very sorry for that :doh:
Apart from that, had a good race with some nice few battles mainly with Roma and JP. On the final restart tried to make an overambitious attempt on the inside of turn 3 on Yves which put me in a half spin and almost had an accident with Martin as a result. Eventually closed the gap down into the final corner when Yves ran wide in the hairpin while trying to pass Jacob and hit the wall so was promoted to a final finish of 4th with fastest lap of the race.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 20:52

qualif ratée..course a l'arriere....carambolage....voiture tordue.......et deconcentration au bout des stands au 87eme , une potentielle 6 ème place envolée lol.......quel chantier

Une question qui me tracasse ....
ne doit on pas attendre le passage de la ligne lors du GREEN de relance pour depasser le concurent devant nous ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 20:54

We managed to beat the 2 hour limit! Good job everyone.

What a race! Messed up the start a bit and Greg got by for the lead. It was difficult to get into a rhythm with all of the early yellows. Martin and Roma got by on another restart. Then I lost it coming out of turn 3. Left front puncture and front wing gone. The yellow came out while I tried to spin the car around. Went into the pits, repaired the damage and got tires and fuel. But the wheel was about 45 degrees to the left. I had to relearn the car and never had the confidence in it again, especially exiting turn 3. But I worked my way through the field on the long green flag run.

I got to the lead for the first time past half way after everyone had pitted under green. I was able to increase the gap while burning off the fuel. I pitted again for tires and fuel, but not a full tank and so the stop was only 9 seconds. I was able to come out of the pits still in the lead by 1-2 seconds. From there, I had to defend on the restarts in the closing laps in order to take the win. A very difficult race, but very fun too.

I will miss the next race because I will be on vacation out of the country. So, my car is available for the next one, whichever track is next. Is it Nazareth or Milwaukee? The schedule in the forum is different to the main website. I will be back for Portland.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 21:22

Philippe Martinelli wrote:
Vincent Beretta wrote:
Déçu. Cette fois, on n'a pas attendu le 2eme virage du 1er tour, on m'a refait tout l'arriere avant même la ligne de départ. Incroyable.

Mauvaise soirée...

Pas de problème Wink

Une petite question à ceux qui connaissent bien le mod :
Les réparations ne sont qu'une pure perte de temps Question Question Question à l'exception, bien entendu, du remplacement des ailerons avant et arrière.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 21:36

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
Unfortunately, was hit by someone on the first lap in the last corner/hairpin causing yellow damage to the rear and making it quite unstable so came into the pits on the second yellow.

Sorry Alessio, that was me, just misjudged the speed difference at the last corner and that small hit was enough to spin you around. Absolutely my mistake Sad

Some Laps later my race was over on P6, after Roma and Mario tangled and i tried to avoid them, but i just locked up my brakes and got straight into the wall, losing one tire :doh:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 23:37

Matthias Weber wrote:
Unfortunately, was hit by someone on the first lap in the last corner/hairpin causing yellow damage to the rear and making it quite unstable so came into the pits on the second yellow.

Sorry Alessio, that was me, just misjudged the speed difference at the last corner and that small hit was enough to spin you around. Absolutely my mistake  Sad

No problem Matthias, didn't have a massive effect on my race in any case :drink:
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 5:24

Greg Goissen wrote:
oula je rentre du taff et je me dis que je vais me re délecter de mes 2 arsouilles avec Martin et alors que je me regale sur la 1 ere quelle déception sur la 2 eme Shocked Shocked  mes plus plates excuses Martin , je ne te laisse pas du tout suffisamment de place a l interieur et je me suis rabattu trop fort sur toi , vraiment désolé Embarassed Embarassed  comme quoi un sentiment sympa en live au volant  peut se transformer en " honte " en vue exterieure sur un replay , meme si j avais le sentiment que tu etais plus décalé sur l arriere et la droite , et qu o n y voit rien sur le cote dans ces voitures ce n est pas une excuse . désolé Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Non pas de soucis c'est moi qui freine beaucoup trop tard! Je n'avais aucun repère coté intérieur sur cette piste ultra plate et ultra large à cet endroit :aie: L'essentiel est que chacun de nous ai pu continuer Smile
Par contre c'est vrai que c’était sympa ces ptits moment d’adrénaline :top:

Sinon pour le reste j'étais en course pour un podium quand j'ai complètement raté mon dernier arrêt aux stands, dans la précipitation j'ai oublié de mettre le limiteur de vitesse :doh: Du coup stop & go de 10 secondes... à la place duquel je fais un pitstop classique :D Du coup obligé de repasser aux stands cette fois ci pour le stop & go. 3 arrêts en 3 tours ça ne pardonne pas, je me retrouve à un tour, et au final je décroche la 6ème place.

I totally messed up the last pitstop, getting a stop & go which I screwed up... 3 stops between lap 82 and lap 85 Cool I was on my way to a possible podium and finally I finished at the 6th position.

@Roma: I think you had the wrong car upgrade (the short track one). That explain why you were "slow" in turns and a rocket on straight lines. I had the time to watch your car during the 10-15 laps we did together Laughing and you rear wing was not the same as the other cars.

@Rocky: the next track is Milwaukee. A mistake on the website.

Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 8:27

Ok, thank you.

And that makes sense about Roma. Something looked different about your car when I was behind you too. The left rear tire had positive camber. At the time, I thought the car had bad damage. Lol!
Back to top Go down
Roma Ljubchik
Club Driver
Roma Ljubchik

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 18:02

Martin Audran wrote:

@Roma: I think you had the wrong car upgrade (the short track one). That explain why you were "slow" in turns and a rocket on straight lines. I had the time to watch your car during the 10-15 laps we did together Laughing and you rear wing was not the same as the other cars.

ha ha, indeed! short oval in upgrades)))))) I've just tried road course with bigger wings and set my pb for the race at 53.5! And stable 53.7 times
I'm driving this mod for the first time, so mistakes like that was inevitably!!

@Rocky my rear left was fine, for the most part of the race))

P.S. The race was really good, so many battles on the track! But my tires was going too fast, so at the end of stint it was unbelievable hard to control the car.
thx for the race guys it was fun, see you next time.

P.P.S. what tires were you using??? I was on hard. And if it's possible can anybody share a setup please)
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 18:29

Rocky Calabrese wrote:
And that makes sense about Roma. Something looked different about your car when I was behind you too. The left rear tire had positive camber. At the time, I thought the car had bad damage. Lol!

I thought something was odd! The amount of camber the car had on the left was unreal when I was following him lol!
Back to top Go down
Roma Ljubchik
Club Driver
Roma Ljubchik

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 18:45

Rocky Calabrese wrote:

I thought something was odd! The amount of camber the car had on the left was unreal when I was following him lol!

There was some crash on second or third restart, but no yellow to the left, pooh and there was a small contact at the start, but until lap 85 There was no "yellow" damage to the left rear suspension
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 18:49

If there is any free cars for Milwaukee i would like to join please.  :chinois:

Last edited by Austin Johnson on Tue 3 Mar 2015 - 20:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 18:55

Nazareth is in 3 months, you have plenty of time to find a car :langue:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 19:59

LOL JP i meant Milwaukee :doh:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2015 - 0:17

Good race for me,did the entire race on softs and they lasted easily Very Happy only hitting Alessio up the rear when he braked hard in turn 3 on caution lap lost front wing and had to pit so lost a lap,but for that i would have had a chance of top 4,was tough race but good fun cheers hso :top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 6 May 2015 - 4:18

Vincent was kind enough to make some nice screenshots for this early season race as well  :chinois:  :top: You can see them on the results page Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next