Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series

Go down 
+2
Frank Verplanken
Dave Symonds
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Symonds
Rookie
Dave Symonds

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Empty
PostSubject: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 9:10

Hello. This is in no way an attempt to compete with HSO. I think the 8 hour time difference would make it impossible, but if I am out of line by posting this invite, please remove it and forgive me.

I hope to be racing with you all on Sundays and would like to extend an invitation to you all to run with a group I've been running with since 2001.

We have an rFactor Series Featuring the Historic GTTC v1.96 mod Class/Carset: 1-TRANS-AM_02
AMC Javelin ● Chevrolet Camaro ● Dodge Challenger ● Ford Falcon ● Ford Mustang ● Plymouth Cuda ● Pontiac Firebird

The series is currently racing for points on the first Thursday of each month.

We also have a NASCAR Racing 2003 Season series that has been running weekly on Wednesdays for the past 11 years. We will be kicking off the 2015 season with the GN63 mod @ Daytona.

Our servers are up 24/7 for anybody wishing to get track time.

I have posted links for both the rF and NR2003 series below, as well as the main site and entry list.

rF series - http://www.deltasimracing.com/DTAC/DTAC_Home.htm

NR2003 series - http://www.deltasimracing.com/Delta%20Sim%20Cup/DSC_2015_Main.html

Delta Sim Racing - http://www.deltasimracing.com/

Entry list - http://www.deltasimracing.com/NR2003/NR2003_Cars.htm

Decent human beings and aliens of all skill and experience levels are welcome.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeltaSimRacing.com
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 9:28

No problem at all Dave Smile Nice to see some leagues still have a NR2K3 loving crowd Cool
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 9:44

Hey Dave,

do you know whether that GN63-mod uses newly made 63-physics or whether it uses one of the standard 4 physics that ship with NR2003 out of the box? I remember Papyrus being very itchy about modifying physics at one stage and NR2003-modders mostly limited themselves to graphic mods for that reason.

Things may however have eased of by now.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 9:56

I had a quick look around and apparently the mod uses the Cup-physics, one of the four that ship with NR2003.

It would then be interesting to know whether the tracks they use over at Delta have optimized grip-levels.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 10:46

Delta simracing is a great league, full of friendly and sportman like people :top:

Sadly the time zone is a killer for me here Sad, otherwise be sure I would be there turning left with you guys Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 11:01

Reminds me of the good old days when Antoine could drag me (without too much resistance on my part I gotta say :D ) to some 3am NR racing in US leagues such as PIGGZ pig ! Those were the days :papy: !
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 11:05

Quote :
Those were the days

Yeah well, you know: "the older we get, the faster we were" :D
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 11:24

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Reminds me of the good old days when Antoine could drag me (without too much resistance on my part I gotta say :D ) to some 3am NR racing in US leagues such as PIGGZ pig ! Those were the days :papy: !

I managed to drag Martin's lazy ass to some 11.00 AM aussie V8 Supercars racing back in the days, that was quite an achievement too :D
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 11:26

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 11:29

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Yeah well, you know: "the older we get, the faster we were" :D

I had never heard it before, good one :clap: !

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I managed to drag Martin's lazy ass to some 11.00 AM aussie V8 Supercars racing back in the days, that was quite an achievement too :D

Haha right that was something indeed :D !
Back to top Go down
Dave Symonds
Rookie
Dave Symonds

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 13:09

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
I had a quick look around and apparently the mod uses the Cup-physics, one of the four that ship with NR2003.

It would then be interesting to know whether the tracks they use over at Delta have optimized grip-levels.

Timo

The mod does use the Cup physics but the tracks have been modified to make them as close to 1964 as I can get them.

You may ask, "Why 1964 when the mod is 1963??"
The hobby stock mod came out before the GN63 mod. Nunya and Ace, 2 long time Delta members, were working on creating 1960s cars for one of the bodies that came with that mod. At the same time, I was working on tracks to get them to 1960s speeds and I found that I could get most to 1964 speeds by using Cup physics, the restrictor plate and by tweaking the setup to use 1963 Galaxie gearing, weight bias and no tape. And a little less than optimal tire pressures.

Black Widow/Northwest Racing started development on the GN63 mod and so we somewhat abandoned the Hobby Stock mod 1960s project and joined the GN63 team with me just doing tracks and testing.

So, while the mod does use Cup physics, the car is 3600# and with chassis 1 (restrictor plate), the car puts out close to 400 HP. The 1963 NASCAR rule book says the cars must weigh the shipping weight and the 1963 Ford Galaxie shipping weight is 3600# and while it had more than 400 HP, the aero of the car in game and lower HP balance each other out for the most part. Again, not being able to change the physics, I went with what was the closest I could (like the GNS with the 55 mod, or the CTS physics and chassis 5 for the GN69ST mod, but those or other stories).

The tracks for use with the GN63 mod use chassis 1 (plate) to keep the HP down and the redline being at 7200 RPMs, but displaying as 6200 is pretty close as well.

If you take the car to a standard N03 track, it will act like a 2003 NASCAR stock car, but if you take the car to the GN60s tracks, you will be running 1964ish lap times. Especially if you use the fixed (gn63) setup we run in the league and that is provided with the tracks (note - not all tracks are completely finished as I write this, still working on some).

Another way to slow the cars to mid 60s speeds is to run lower air pressure than optimal. You will notice the middle of the tires are usually 1 degree F less than the outsides and this not only slows the cars but also helps the car grip the lowered grip on the GN60s tracks.

Now, while I just explained what I've done in my attempt to make the cars feel like your driving in the mid 60s, the best way, IMO, is to not know about the changes and just drive!! So, instead of sharing this info with a friend that might be interested, do me a favour?? Point somebody to the mod and take them to the Delta server which is currently hosting Daytona with the fixed, gn63 setup. They might think the physics have been altered because of how the car drives.. A blind test, so to speak. Since we know what's been done to try to get the cars to turn 1964 lap times, we are tainted and might have it in the back of our minds, "I'm driving a 2003 Cup car with a restrictor plate, no tape, lousy weight distribution and under inflated tires". Get that out of your mind heading into T1 or you will be into the railing! :conduit:

Here are the links if you wish to give it a shot.

GN63 mod - http://www.deltasimracing.com/NR2003/NR2003_GN63/NR2003_GN63.htm
Daytona_1970lv2 - http://www.deltasimracing.com/Files/Tracks/Ziggy/daytona_1970lv2.rar
Delta server - IP 97.81.154.174

Season starts at this track on Wednesday. If you like it and would like to join, you are welcome. If you don't like it, I tried my best. If you think you can improve the experience in any way, please let me know. I am always looking for people that can help work on things.

Note - Some objects at the track are from the 'shared' folder and I don't like when somebody overwrites my 'shared' stuff so I didn't include the old looking things I've placed in my 'shared' folder that replace the modern looking TSOs.

If you want a blimp that isn't modern, put this one in your 'shared' folder - http://www.deltasimracing.com/Files/Tracks/Ziggy/blimp.zip
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 19:50

Dave Symonds wrote:

The mod does use the Cup physics but the tracks have been modified to make them as close to 1964 as I can get them.

Thanks Dave for the lengthy explanation. The reason I asked about the tracks was that I remember reading a post by Jan Kohl over at the US Pits about the time the Pits released the GN70-mod. Kohl was saying that, although they had not altered the physics following a row with Papyrus, there was a way to reduce grip in the track files and that that allowed to have something pretty close to how cars behaved in 1970.

So I guess that is what you have done, which is great. The best basis for nascar sims out there is still NR2003 imo and having some historic mods in it is a little bit of a holy grale.

I will certainly give the mod a try and let you know what I think. I will not make it to the first race however as I'm off this week.

Finally, on the subject of modding NR2003-physics, have you read this? I don't know whether this is worth anything at all. Haven't even downloaded it.

But you may wanna give it a try.

Cheers,

Timo

Last edited by Timo Vermeersch on Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 19:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave Symonds
Rookie
Dave Symonds

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb 2015 - 0:27

Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Finally, on the subject of modding NR2003-physics, have you read this? I don't know whether this is worth anything at all. Haven't even downloaded it.

Cheers,

Timo

Holy cow... I just downloaded it. But I need to sleep eventually so I'll look at it later. If it has what I think it has, everything I've done for the past 10 years with the tracks will be obsolete! LOL

But there's always that nagging 'lawsuit' thing that bothers me.. Not that I have much, but it's all I've got! Would hate for them to take my computer and not be able to simrace! I can't afford the real thing.

Yes, Jan came up with some settings but they still didn't slow the cars enough so I've been using chassis 5 for the GN69 (CTS) and chassis 1 for the GN63 (Cup) to get the times close to real times.

Thanks for the link Timo! I just might brew another pot of coffee and stay up a little longer! study
Back to top Go down
Dave Symonds
Rookie
Dave Symonds

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitimeMon 2 May 2016 - 23:18

Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Cheers,

Timo

I got the physics editor and it was neat to through the spreadsheets. I never figured out how to make it create a new file and I tried the "GN" file that came with it but it was quite slow. Something wasn't right with it.

Thanks again for the link. If I can get the rF version of the GN mod to drive right, I might hop into this again and see what can be done.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series   Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delta Sim Racing HistorX Trans Am O2 series
Page 1 of 1