Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zandvoort 2.5 problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Zandvoort 2.5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 21:22

Hello

I just want to ask because you seem to be the right people.

Do you happen to know how to fix the Ligier and Williams issue on this track? Both these cars get DQ after qualifying laps just before the race

I can't seem to find any solution and as you guys run this respected league, perhaps you have some experience?

Would be nice to hear any hints, Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 21:31

Hello.

We used this track in last year season and yes we had the issue. As we only saw the problem on raceday, the only solution I found was to restart the server and set it to ignore all flags (even black flags). So when we went to race session nobody has been DQ. Of course that means drivers could have jump the start or go in the wrong way without penalties, but well it wasn't a problem for us.

This year we'll probably use another version of this track (probably the 1967 version). I know the 1979 version has been converted to GTR2, maybe the problem has been fixed and we could use it for rFactor. I'll check that later.

PS : nobody uses nicknames here, would be cool if you could edit your profile with your real name Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 21:40

I updated the profile - sorry for this

If could please make some inquiry on this that would be really nice... I am preparing for the race so the sooner the better..

thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 22:43

I found something like this

http://www.racingontheweb.net/RotW.forums/index.php?showtopic=2632&st=0

this is about the fix but don't know which file to download because I can't understand it
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 22:49

Well it only says to download the FixZandvoort.rar and uncompress to the Rfactor folder and to answer yes to the prompt windows gives you when overwriting files

EDIT: but you need to be registered to download the file
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 22:59

on the second page there is a file that you can download without registering, it seems that inside the archive there is another RAR archive containing the right thing. I will check tomorrow, I hope it will help all of us...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 9:37

Ok guys, the FIX works for these both cars and none of them gets DQ now. Now I seem to have a different problem, which one to choose for the GP, 2.0 or 2.5?

I find positives and negatives of both, what is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 9:47

"better take another car" could be a answer to your dilemna :D :D lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 10:07

I don't do it for me, I drive M29 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 10:09

2.5 is the most accurate for sure, it has less crazy bumps also Smile

Good to know there's a solution for this problem, I'll look into it for our race then, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 10:26

Perhaps I get the wrong impression because I am a newbie. Don't you feel that the track geometry in 2.5 does not allow you to go fast and smooth throught the fast section of the track?

In 2.0 when you point the car properly you just go flat through the curves undisturbed, I like it a lot... yess but the bumps as you say..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009 - 22:02

be carefull because ARROWS A2 gets DQ on this track....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zandvoort 2.5 problem   Zandvoort 2.5 problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zandvoort 2.5 problem
Page 1 of 1