Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1998 CART - Schedule

Go down 
+11
Mathieu Leclerc
Mike Becnel
Jacob Fredriksson
finally gone :)
Arturo Pereira
Greg Hunt
Alessio Campigotto
Raul Jereb
Karel Marciniszyn
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Audran
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 1:21

JP Campmajo wrote:
Oh. My. God.
I just can't believe we're going to use "that", just for the sake of having a race there.

Just pretend we're playing ICR2. Here's some mood music for you.  Razz

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 9:44

Quote :
Oh. My. God.
I just can't believe we're going to use "that", just for the sake of having a race there.

Well it's more FPS friendly than ... others :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 10:48

I know that the "other" one is not FPS friendly, and why it isn't. But if there's no suitable track (the thing we're going to use can't be named "track"), why persist in going there ? One more thing I just don't get.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 11:21

What other versions of Belle Isle are available besides yours and that one?
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 15:08

i was shocked as JP on the choosen version but i will race where you want, it is the same for every driver.

the detroit belle isle park version i have submitted is build and ready for the 1998 Cart season mod.
real adds, real track, real pits, GDB pit order Ok ;-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

nice but heavy for FPS but there is a FPS version

Last edited by Mathieu Leclerc on Sun 22 Nov 2015 - 17:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 15:11

We tested the track you suggested, Mathieu. There were multiple issues with the track, mainly with the pace car and qualifying DQs. The track we chose, while less detailed, had far less fewer issues to resolve.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 15:24

Well at Gateway, we had no suitable track to race on, so we didn't race. Now suddenly we have to race at Belle Isle at any cost while there's no suitable track to race on.
What's the difference here ? the people making decisions. It's nice that you guys want to run HSO your way, it doesn't mean it's the right way.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 15:45

Quote :
Well at Gateway, we had no suitable track to race on, so we didn't race. Now suddenly we have to race at Belle Isle at any cost while there's no suitable track to race on. What's the difference here ?

We don't have to race here at all costs. We have a usable track, and we are using it.

The difference is that at Gateway there was a huge bump in the race line that unsettled the cars and caused accidents, a bump that was a BUG and is not there in the real track. Instead, at Belle isle we have a completely driveable race track with correct overall layout and working AI for the pace car plus NO BUGS.

So the difference is EYE CANDY (mainly).

That eye candy has never excluded a track as option here at HSO, be it whoever it is running the series. I can remember off my head some really horrible looking conversions from GPL raced here in the past, just because the layout was correct and the track had no bugs. Nobody had a problem with that. And I'm going to quote Antoine de Mautor on that, as he once said when commenting on that question something like: "I'm not here for tourism, I'm here for racing so never mind the track surrounding looks".
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 17:45

The f*cking corners aren't even round, so bad the road mesh is. Because yeah, at some point, the road mesh, the walls, etc... have to be decent, because that's what we are using for racing. So, no, the difference is not eye candy.
Some of you don't care because they don't even show up at races, or crash before lap 5 no matter what, but some people care.

No need to talk to me about bugs, I spent my year fixing all the tracks so the championship could happen at all, and I didn't get much help with people / admins sitting on their asses waiting for me to do everything (waiting the last minute to worry about the track as it happened multiple times this year is another example).

But considering what I've seen on the tracks you guys are editing / producing, or those we are going to use, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be an issue with it, it seems you have set the bar even lower on the minimal quality of the stuff we use. And you did the same with lowering the driving standards this year (Michigan comes to mind), clearly it doesn't bode well for the next years at HSO - one of the reasons I'm leaving. The end of the season can't come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015 - 19:11

Thank you for your honest opinion :hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1998 CART - Schedule   1998 CART - Schedule - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1998 CART - Schedule
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3