Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans

Go down 
+15
Ricard Suanya
James Knowles
Austin Johnson
Jef Vannijlen
finally gone :)
Richard Coxon
Alessio Campigotto
Jason White
Alberto Ibañez
Matthew Allington
Raul Jereb
Laurent Binet
Carl Larrad
Vadim Sadoshenko
Martin Audran
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 14:35

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
VLM included the old UI as well. To change to the original, go back into the rFm and in the VLM_PTC.rfm file change the line "OptionsDir=UIDATA\PTC\" to "OptionsDir=UIDATA\PTC2\"

Won't that cause a mismatch online?

Well yes it does :doh:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 14:56

Why not invert the folder names then ?
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 15:02

Good idea :doh: :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 15:40

Brilliant JP :top:
Back to top Go down
Jef Vannijlen
Club Driver
Jef Vannijlen

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-12-14

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 16:10

Very nice mod. Sounds awesome. Brake and headlights have never looked so good in Rfactor.
I needed to 4gb patch my rfactor.exe to fix the Midohio FPS issues,
--> remember to uncheck "read only" to patch it
Back to top Go down
https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Jeeve79/slideshow/SimRacing
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 17:27

Une question bête, mid ohio c'est sympa mais c'est un tourniquet alors pour le serveur test, on ne pourrait pas avoir Le Mans ???
Back to top Go down
http://zadvocate.com
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 17:50

C'est prévu, il viendra l'année prochaine Wink Enfin demain quoi. Et ce jusqu'à dimanche.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 18:08

Jef Vannijlen wrote:

I needed to 4gb patch my rfactor.exe to fix the Midohio FPS issues,
-->  remember to uncheck "read only" to patch it

Mr. Jeff,
could you be so kind and make it more clear to me, what exactly are you doing, since I also have som FPS problem in Midohio, and this thing you are talking about is total SF to me... PM can do, not to disturbe gentelmen around here..
thank you
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 18:43

I Think if you run windows 7 64bit unless you use the 4gb patch then rfactor only uses half your available memory scratch

I Use the patch also Smile
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 20:25

Finally got to try it out cheers

Well the physics to me are okay
The cars have very little feel in the wheel i cant really get a sense of what is going on with the tires or anything for that matter. I dont get the same good feeling with this mod as i do with the HSO group C mod where i can literally feel the wheel tightening up under real hard braking points and heavy in the turns where the VLM feels like it has power steering.

The sights and sounds are great though. The cars look amazing and some you can change rims and have engine upgrades.

This mod is pretty good i cant wait to see what happens with everyone one the track.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 20:37

Austin Johnson wrote:

The cars have very little feel in the wheel i cant really get a sense of what is going on with the tires or anything for that matter. I dont get the same good feeling with this mod as i do with the HSO group C mod where i can literally feel the wheel tightening up under real hard braking points and heavy in the turns where the VLM feels like it has power steering.

You just took words out of my mind...
Even still trying to get right FF strength and feel, I find complete missing of the "car weight" feeling on the wheel... While HSO GroupC gives me this inertion and weight dimension...
I hope it is still not tested enough by myself and maybe finding this touch somehow..
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 20:39

Carl Larrad wrote:
I Think if you run windows 7 64bit unless you use the 4gb patch then rfactor only uses half your available memory scratch

Where can I find this patch?
Back to top Go down
Ricard Suanya
Experienced Driver
Ricard Suanya

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 20:48

Raul Jereb wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

You just took words out of my mind...
Even still trying to get right FF strength and feel, I find complete missing of the "car weight" feeling on the wheel... While HSO GroupC gives me this inertion and weight dimension...
I hope it is still not tested enough by myself and maybe finding this touch somehow..

I think you both have an issue with your Force Feedback, because with this mod i can feel every single bump in the road, when i'm braking hard i can feel the wheel tightening perfectly like Austin said he can't, in fact in many cases i feel the wheel is too heavy, particularly in the long straight at le mans, it shakes like crazy in every bump, also when i drive over the kerbs in the corners i can feel the car bouncing perfectly, i must say i was very impressed with the force feedback, so I can't understand why don't your wheels react the same. scratch

I have my FF at -100% strength and all effects turned on.

Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 21:20

James Knowles wrote:
Carl Larrad wrote:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 21:27

James Knowles wrote:
Carl Larrad wrote:

It's also in your gtpc install. Called 4gb patch.
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 21:50

Ah-thanks all... :top:
Back to top Go down
Jef Vannijlen
Club Driver
Jef Vannijlen

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-12-14

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 10:03

Guys on realfeel.

Dont forget ingame car selection to click on "force x1" in "car upgrades"

edit: i forgot to click the dollar sign above to install upgrade, i think i was driving default.
it needs to say (installed) after u click dollar.

Last edited by Jef Vannijlen on Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Jeeve79/slideshow/SimRacing
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:25

Quelqu'un peut il me dire qu'elles sont les versions du circuit du mans qui ont été rendues dispo par Virtua_LM ? 1977 et 1979 ? Y en a t'il des plus récents et si oui, ou les trouver ?

Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:31

Il y a aussi la version 91-96 ici.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:34

I managed to trick myself Smile
Wondering between diferent rF instances, it turned out I dont have reelfeel installed in official one.
Now, thankx to Jeff, I have much better feel (is it reel? scratch ) on the wheel. I shouldve been a poet.
And who'd know there is anything called 4gb patch Smile :doh:
things are much smoother now.
thank you all..

one more thing, were those cars so understeered for real too?
Back to top Go down
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 14:01

Martin Audran wrote:
Il y a aussi la version 91-96 ici.

merci
Back to top Go down
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 14:02

Raul Jereb wrote:
I managed to trick myself Smile
Wondering between diferent rF instances, it turned out I dont have reelfeel installed in official one.
Now, thankx to Jeff, I have much better feel (is it reel? scratch ) on the wheel. I shouldve been a poet.
And who'd know there is anything called 4gb patch Smile :doh:
things are much smoother now.
thank you all..

one more thing, were those cars so understeered for real too?

are you struggling too ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 14:07

I added Le Mans 79 on the server (link in the first post if needed), now you just have to vote for the next event to change between Mid Ohio and Le Mans.

-----------

J'ai ajouté Le Mans 79 sur le serveur (lien dans le premier post si nécessaire), vous n'avez plus qu'à voter pour le prochain évènement pour changer entre Mid Ohio ou le Mans.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 14:09

Laurent Binet wrote:

Struggle is my middle name Smile

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 14:50

Raul Jereb wrote:
Laurent Binet wrote:

Struggle is my middle name Smile

The cars naturally under steer, The theory is, slow in fast out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans   GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTPC by V_LM - Winter Test at Mid Ohio and Le Mans
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next