Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]

Go down 
+27
Jacob Fredriksson
Philippe Martinelli
Anders Nilsson
Stephen Wenham
Yves Plaçais
Joshua Anderson
Janos Hegyvari
Jan Titz
Jef Vannijlen
Mick Chapman
Jukka Närhi
Alex Barresi
Didier Conjeaud
Matthew Allington
Imre Bende
Ben Paulet
Roy Magnes
Sergio Mengual
finally gone :)
Jonatan Acerclinth
Balazs Kiss
Jason White
Steve Parker
Peter Blom
Richard Coxon
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Audran
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 5 - Avus [June 11th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]   Round 5 - Avus [June 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2014 - 12:24

I had soft tires, Never overheated and lasted comfortably until the end for both races  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]   Round 5 - Avus [June 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2014 - 12:29

The 635 is a heavier car than the M3 and Merc but I could do the races on Mediums, getting a little bit of squirmy-ness from the rears in the last couple of laps due to overheating as I was battling but there were no troubles as such with the tires Smile

Had some really nice battles with Jason in both races and with Gerárd and Richard in the second which was a lot of fun Smile

Sorry to Jef for hitting you in the chicane during the second race, saw smoke and stuff but that was after I had begun to brake so couldn't pull it up in time but tried to avoid your rear end as best I could but not enough luck to succeed sadly Sad

Thanks for the organisation HSO Smile

PS: No problems yet again Philippe, it's an easy misstake to make so no hard feelings. Was very slow in the hairpin because the 635 didn't want to go around that kind of tight corner  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]   Round 5 - Avus [June 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2014 - 13:20

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Jason White wrote:
...the medium tires then started to go off and I was struggling to find grip ...Hard tires were definitely the better choice

Say what?  Shocked 

I did the first race on mediums and they lasted the full stint with all dots in green  Shocked 

For the second I switched to softs but I had not enough time to check if they lasted or not.

Oh well, I know I'm slow, but still I always seem to use proportionally way less tires and less fuel than most people  :smil20: 

I am harder on tires than most, so maybe that was a factor. Who knows  :smil20: 
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Balazs Kiss
Club Driver
Balazs Kiss

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]   Round 5 - Avus [June 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2014 - 18:50

1. race: start, first corner and the first few laps,  Suspect  I was unlucky, but after the calm down I could gain few positions and get the fifth position. pale
2. race: One word: FUN. :drink: 
Thanks Jan for the battle. Lot of break out in hairpin, and lot of overtaking with power in that sierra. :hello: 

After all of this battle I finished in  :third: 

Congrats to the American Powaaaaaaa' :clap: 

Awesome Wednesday tonight again :flag:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]   Round 5 - Avus [June 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jun 2014 - 10:17

Richard Coxon wrote:
I had soft tires, Never overheated and lasted comfortably until the end for both races  scratch 

Same here,softs lasted no problem  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]   Round 5 - Avus [June 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2014 - 11:18

Steve Parker wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:

Same here,softs lasted no problem  Smile 

I took mediums for race 1 - wrong decision!  lol! 
For race 2 I had softs and no problem with tyre deg.  :top: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]   Round 5 - Avus [June 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Avus [June 11th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4