Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]

Go down 
+28
Mick Chapman
Alex Barresi
Pascal Le pihive
Yves Plaçais
Dave Miller
Guillaume Siebert
Teemu Toikka
Jean-François Bovy
Alex Yaushev
Alan Lopez
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Martin Audran
Glenn Corliss
Chris Tarboton
Mark Barresi
Cyril Derkir
Jean-louis Petillot
Steve Parker
Jason White
Leo Menegucci
Richard Coxon
François Remmen
Peter Blom
Vincent Beretta
Mike Becnel
Austin Johnson
Ben Paulet
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 13:13

Austin Johnson wrote:
It was aimed at u yes, im sry im just a little bumed out. I know it wasent intentional but we only had 3 laps to go and i drove my ass off with spray in my face for 27 laps. And i dont recall hitting you love tap is more like it. I never touched you in a breaking point or in a corner i didnt even try to pass you , the one time i did you pinched me in the dirt but its fine. Other than that it was a fantastic and fun race track is awesome great job.

I CAN assure you m8 i would never brake test anybody,everybody that knows me will vouch for that,i can see why you were bummed about it,but maybe being so close in braking zone didnt help with worn tyres and brakes near end of hard race,like you said was great race  :drink: 
Back to top Go down
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
Alex Barresi

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 13:26

Steve Parker wrote:
Alex Barresi wrote:
CLAIM
I ask to Race Direction (if there is one) to be classified 5th, my real final position.
Rfactor give me an invalid "blue flag ignored" penalty when Parker reach me at 2 laps from the end, but i do nothing to obstacle him, simply he was slow because race was ending (i was lapped, calmy, in last lap, after Eau Rouge).

I Confirm alexs claim,my engine was nearly dead and was waiting for safe place to pass so i had backed off on throttle  :top: 

Thanks Steve :top: , at least one that dont offend me because i talk about a race event.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 13:40

Alex Barresi wrote:
CLAIM
I ask to Race Direction (if there is one) to be classified 5th, my real final position.
Rfactor give me an invalid "blue flag ignored" penalty when Parker reach me at 2 laps from the end, but i do nothing to obstacle him, simply he was slow because race was ending (i was lapped, calmy, in last lap, after Eau Rouge).

Edit: Send a PM to Martin.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 15:25

Steve Parker wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
It was aimed at u yes, im sry im just a little bumed out. I know it wasent intentional but we only had 3 laps to go and i drove my ass off with spray in my face for 27 laps. And i dont recall hitting you love tap is more like it. I never touched you in a breaking point or in a corner i didnt even try to pass you , the one time i did you pinched me in the dirt but its fine. Other than that it was a fantastic and fun race track is awesome great job.

I CAN assure you m8 i would never brake test anybody,everybody that knows me will vouch for that,i can see why you were bummed about it,but maybe being so close in braking zone didnt help with worn tyres and brakes near end of hard race,like you said was great race  :drink: 

Yea it was awesome for shure, we were flying. I didnt think i was gonna be able to keep pace with you guys affter seeing your q times. I guess full fuel really slows down the cars?
Back to top Go down
Chris Tarboton
Club Driver

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 17:59

My first race with these cars and what a track. It excellent and I really enjoyed my time in the Parnell vehicle.

The fact that I qualied for the race just about sums up qualy. I was terrified I was going to get knocked out. Anyway, I only saw that I had made it late on Sunday after taking an unexpected trip away for the weekend, so after a tiring weekend and a drive back home sunday afternoon, I was tired to say the least.

Anyway, got knocked out on the first lap all my fault really. The chicane on the back straight I usually only lift for and I was following, rather too closely it turned out, some guys into the chicane who braked. I lost the car and hit the house and that was that. I hope I didnt do too much damage to anybody but sorry in advance if I did.

Really good fun and thanks for having me.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 18:27

Leo Menegucci wrote:

I'm so sorry about that Yves

I wasn't trying to block your pass. I was actually overtaking peter

Don't be so sore about it, writing me private and stuff. When you took me out in two consecutive races with the 70's sportscar, both on the first lap, one of them by ramming my rear in a plain strait, I rebmember being much more sportsmanlike about you  Evil or Very Mad 

No problem, Leo ! I was very angry because I thought it was a deliberate action on your part, but this is not the case!

No, no I have not forgotten those two races sports car. Embarassed 

But this wet race at Spa was probably the most exciting time of the year, and I was very disappointed to leave the race after thirty seconds.

But it is already forgotten !  :drink:

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Mon 19 May 2014 - 18:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 18:36

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Leo Menegucci wrote:

Don't be so sore about it, writing me private and stuff. When you took me out in two consecutive races with the 70's sportscar, both on the first lap, one of them by ramming my rear in a plain strait, I rebmember being much more sportsmanlike about you  Evil or Very Mad 

No problem, Leo!

But this wet race at Spa was probably the most exciting time of the year, and I was very disappointed to leave the race after thirty seconds.

Nice behavior guys.:drink: 
Indeed, it's always difficult to be out in the earlier moments of a race that we waited it since a long time. :frank: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 18:41

Ben, has there been a ruling on the Alex's blue flag penalty?   Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 18:49

Jason White wrote:
Ben, has there been a ruling on the Alex's blue flag penalty?   Question
I didn't see the replay, so I can't take a decision. And we have to take into consideration the post of Steve. :frank: 
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 18:51

If the blue flag rule is activated, it's for reason, isn't it ? scratch 
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014 - 21:21

VT  :first: , what a reward of driving my own spa and get also 2 champ points
( ignoring a blue flag is just ignore the rules  :doh: ) thanks Alex  lol! 

A great thrill to drive it with all great chaps here around HSO sharing the same passion
very pleased you guys liked and enjoyed it.

cya at Clermont Ferand

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2014 - 1:37

Tentative results posted here.  :flag: 

I will fix the replay tonight. Seems I dropped in a bad link.

Tentative pending the decision on Alex's request.

I am not able to modify the Von T points - please stand by for an update later.

Grats Mr. Parker on the win and thank you to all who raced! Was fun while it lasted for me! Dang black holes!!  :aie:

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Tue 20 May 2014 - 13:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leo Menegucci
Club Driver
Leo Menegucci

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2014 - 12:40

Ben Paulet wrote:
Yves Plaçais wrote:
Leo Menegucci wrote:

No problem, Leo!

Nice behavior guys.:drink: 
Indeed, it's always difficult to be out in the earlier moments of a race that we waited it since a long time. :frank: 

Be sure I'll be much more careful next time. I hate when I do such things to others.

Same goes to Alex. You closed on me and passed so fast, but then at malmedy you braked much earlier than my braking point I couldn't avoid. I thought you would be much faster through that section, I misjudged your speed. Maybe you had some problem with your car. So sorry again
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2014 - 12:50

I watched for the replay. Not easy to take a decision about this blue flag. The penalty of the blue flag seems, for me, maybe a little few harsh. The track is very rolling and fast, so the gap of time between both cars is little, but the gap in meters is long.
He had plenty of time to let him pass and it would have had no impact on the race. Alex had the possibility to let overtake Steve to the turn of "La Source", but he has prefered to let him pass after "Eau rouge".
In other case, we can see JL Petillot, in the same case, but he didn't hesitate to slowdown to let pass Alex, in a first time and Steve in a second.
I let Martin take the decision, but it will not be available for the week due to distant work. :frank:

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Tue 20 May 2014 - 13:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2014 - 13:15

Will fix the replay tonight. Not sure how I managed to bork that up!
Back to top Go down
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
Alex Barresi

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2014 - 14:12

Leo Menegucci wrote:

Same goes to Alex. You closed on me and passed so fast, but then at malmedy you braked much earlier than my braking point I couldn't avoid. I thought you would be much faster through that section, I misjudged your speed. Maybe you had some problem with your car. So sorry again
No problem Leo :top: , i know you're a correct driver, i dont think youre wrong in that point and you dont need to excuse.
My line at Malmedy was very conservative :smil20:  (slow in and fast out), this is cause of contact.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2014 - 20:34

Austin Johnson wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Yea it was awesome for shure, we were flying. I didnt think i was gonna be able to keep pace with you guys affter seeing your q times. I guess full fuel really slows down the cars?

Not so much fuel slows you down as fragile ferrari engine,had to run longer 5th gear so as not to overheat it,engine was in the yellow last 3 laps,so backed off,qualy i can let it rip lol,unfortunately when i backed off was when alex got his blue flag  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2014 - 22:37

Mike Becnel wrote:
Will fix the replay tonight. Not sure how I managed to bork that up!

Replay issue fixed.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2014 - 14:51

Does anyone have a link to charade? I think i should run some laps there iv never driven on that track i dont want to be a rolling chicane for the next race. Another quik question what is the points format for this series?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2014 - 14:52

Should be in the F1 Sixties track pack Austin if you downloaded it for Spa, If not :

http://trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACK%20PACKS/S-Z/SixtiesTracks%20by%20FDsign_2014.rar
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2014 - 14:56

Richard Coxon wrote:
Should be in the F1 Sixties track pack Austin if you downloaded it for Spa, If not :

http://trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACK%20PACKS/S-Z/SixtiesTracks%20by%20FDsign_2014.rar

Oh ok its in the track pack. Sry i forgot it was more than 1 track..... :chinois: 
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2014 - 15:27

About the points, it's the same in each HSO championship : it's in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2014 - 15:38

Ty JP  :top: 
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun 2014 - 2:53

World Driver's Championship, Constructor Cup and Von Trips Tropy are updated  Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun 2014 - 9:59

Shame the game didn't remember my pole time for the Von Tripps trophy  :smil20: 

Never mind  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Belgique [May 18th]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6