Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...

Go down 
+8
Alessio Campigotto
Karel Marciniszyn
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Audran
finally gone :)
Richard Coxon
Damian Baldi
Matthew Allington
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 May 2014 - 22:03

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Personnally I always prefer the term "Grand Prix", as it's much more proper than F1 - Grand Prix racing and the WDC was not always for F1 cars (cf 1952-53 for instance).

"Grand Prix" is also trademarked. "GP", on the other hand, is not.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 May 2014 - 15:46

Many non F1 races are called "Grand Prix of ..." (See f.e. the crapwagon schedule: http://www.indycar.com/Schedule), so if that is registered it must be a rather loose deal, not an exclusive thing for the F1 gang.

Last edited by Alberto Ibañez on Mon 5 May 2014 - 18:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 May 2014 - 16:41

Yes and you have "Grand Prix" events in loads of sports, from equestrian to sailing via darts I think ^^ so I don't see how they could trademark that ?
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 May 2014 - 17:26

Years ago there was something called the Zurich Grand Prix, I think, on television. Track and field, for chrissake Neutral
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2014 - 11:41

They're at it again

http://www.bsimracing.com/fia-sends-out-cease-and-desist-letter-to-modding-teams/

The words of one modder tells a story of it's own: "You know, back when I was a texture artist for RSR, we were working on the NAGT mod for rFactor. I contacted a few of the racing teams to gather some pictures for some texture work. Those teams were so happy to give us whatever we needed to get the mod done. They even told us they would test the mod for us, and give us feedback.

To me, that's the attitude to have. It brings awareness to the sport."
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2014 - 11:56

They care about the money. Not only nobody earns money with free mods, but companies like Sony (and their officially licenced game crap) lose money. No surprise there.
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2014 - 18:54

I just wrote to the FIA to let them know that old fans can't support an entity who pursues people that take care of the F1 past bringing cars from more than 20 years ago to the new generations without any economic end.

I never mentioned a sim, or a MOD, or person. I just wanted to let them know what I think.

I know they will use my mail to clean their ass, but I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014 - 11:43

Damian Baldi wrote:
I just wrote to the FIA to let them know that old fans can't support an entity who pursues people that take care of the F1 past bringing cars from more than 20 years ago to the new generations without any economic end.

I never mentioned a sim, or a MOD, or person. I just wanted to let them know what I think.

I know they will use my mail to clean their ass, but I don't care.
If you want they read your mail, insert a 20$ bill or a harlot. It's the only language they understand.  :jp:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...   F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F1 doesn't seem to care about the fans...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2