HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabriele Maruca
Rookie
avatar

Number of posts : 39
Age : 26
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Tue 6 May 2014 - 18:21

Richard Coxon wrote:
Downloaded the track pack, Having problems with the carpack, Saying network error and cancelling mid way through. Also the other links you added do not work, Can anyone else confirm if they work or not?

Mh... Seems like I have to provide Mega and Mediafire links too :/ Sdly now I haven't the time to do that :/
Don't worry, the links work: it's just that the server is a lot overcrowded ^^;
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 13758
Age : 31
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Tue 6 May 2014 - 20:33

Finally got the thing downloaded......... :clap: 

Really great work guys, Love how every car is now modeled (Especially the BRM P57) Really fantastic work, If i could i would buy you all a drink  :drink: 

Just for the great work Francois, I may even let you pass me easily on Wednesday  Wink   lol!

But seriously, Will be great when we change to this version in the championship, So much more historically accurate, But unfortunately Martin and Frank have real lives (Wonder what that's like  :hum: ) So no rush whatsoever guys, Good things come to those who wait  Wink 

_________________

Back to top Go down
Online
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 76
Age : 51
Location : Palermo, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 9:42

Richard Coxon wrote:
...But seriously, Will be great when we change to this version in the championship, So much more historically accurate... 
SPA WET works well with new physics :top: , not with old one.
Yesterday i tried old cars on this track, and they are more easy to control (wide sliding range before total lost of adherence).
What's the point to postpone next race and use new track with old physics ? scratch 
What's the point to measure car performances if there are no rules about this  study (fastest drivers are on fastest cars, actually :jp: ) ?
I conform myself, but i dont understand :smil20: .
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 887
Age : 29
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 10:06

Just downloaded the cars too... not bad, not bad at all! Love the attention to detail!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 13758
Age : 31
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 10:54

The reason it needs evaluating is because here at HSO we don't like a fast driver in a car that will enable him to beat the rest of the field easily. When we did the 1991 mod, the fastest car an alien had was a Minardi. The plan is that even the slowest driver can challenge because they have a better car. In the original 65 mod, I believe the difference between the cars was not that great, Major difference was power, but with the new version the cars may be even further apart and drivers of the cars may need re evaluating. E.G Austin may be too quick for the BRM and Yves too quick for the Lotus. But I'm sure the admin have a plan in place as what to do. It may be no one changes cars at all.

I would love to see us swap to the new version now, But i very much doubt it will happen straight away,

_________________

Back to top Go down
Online
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 76
Age : 51
Location : Palermo, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 13:17

Richard Coxon wrote:
The reason it needs evaluating is because here at HSO we don't like a fast driver in a car that will enable him to beat the rest of the field easily. When we did the 1991 mod, the fastest car an alien had was a Minardi. The plan is that even the slowest driver can challenge because they have a better car. In the original 65 mod, I believe the difference between the cars was not that great, Major difference was power, but with the new version the cars may be even further apart and drivers of the cars may need re evaluating. E.G Austin may be too quick for the BRM and Yves too quick for the Lotus. But I'm sure the admin have a plan in place as what to do. It may be no one changes cars at all.

I would love to see us swap to the new version now, But i very much doubt it will happen straight away,
I do simply observations, with no intent to be polemical Smile .
1 - Tiago is well known as a fast driver, but he start the season with a fast car;
2 - Richard, youre fast enough to gain easily Von Trips Trophy also in a Reg Parnell :langue: ;
3 - Steve and Austin drive very fast cars, and they are not exactly slow (i'm happy that fast drivers are on slow cars, but why this is not true for all ? :hum: );
4 - drivers dont lost their car after 2 or more races dropped :smil20: ;
5 - many cars are free (in theory), but they are not assigned, with drivers forced to Reg Parnell without reason;
6 - engines count, in that era, also in real world;
7 - differences between cars are similar also in new release, you will never see a T60 that overtake a 1512 at Masta straight.
If we want a bit of competition :yaa:  (that's part of races), we need to respect rules :regl:  with no preferences for anyone.
If we want simply race without complications, where is the problem to adopt new version of the mod and to permit drivers to be happy changing cars (that are available, since players are less than cars)?
I dont see a clear path for this champ Cool .
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 13758
Age : 31
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 13:27

I agree about the seat thing, But I know Martin is very very busy with work at the moment, So he cannot apply his full time to HSO at the moment, Regarding the cars, Yes in the new mod the power is still the same,But as you've noted before the handling characteristics have change which may make the Lotus the dominate chassis as it was in real life now, But in the original version it was easily bettered by the Honda, Ferrari and BRM. Purely because of its power deficit, plus it's handling wasn't the best either, to me the BRM was a better handling car than the lotus, which as we know in real life was not the case. The lotus was the better car, Full stop.

So yes at the moment quicker guys are in faster cars because there isn't much difference in chassis performance, but I'm assuming because I haven't tested fully that this is different in the new version that each car is even further apart handling wise.


_________________

Back to top Go down
Online
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 8011
Age : 44
Location : Cagnes sur mer France
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 13:37

It is so easy to make a fully egalitarian championship that I wonder why we don't.  :doh: 

_________________
O.K. Just a little pinprick.
There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!
Back to top Go down
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 76
Age : 51
Location : Palermo, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 14:19

Ben Paulet wrote:
It is so easy to make a fully egalitarian championship that I wonder why we don't.  :doh: 
Your irony is out of place, i prefere dont answer you as you deserve.
There are drivers and there are tourists, who read our words can establish who's what.
Back to top Go down
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 76
Age : 51
Location : Palermo, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 14:19

Richard Coxon wrote:
I agree about the seat thing, But I know Martin is very very busy with work at the moment, So he cannot apply his full time to HSO at the moment, Regarding the cars, Yes in the new mod the power is still the same,But as you've noted before the handling characteristics have change which may make the Lotus the dominate chassis as it was in real life now, But in the original version it was easily bettered by the Honda, Ferrari and BRM. Purely because of its power deficit, plus it's handling wasn't the best either, to me the BRM was a better handling car than the lotus, which as we know in real life was not the case. The lotus was the better car, Full stop.

So yes at the moment quicker guys are in faster cars because there isn't much difference in chassis performance, but I'm assuming because I haven't tested fully that this is different in the new version that each car is even further apart handling wise.

Lotus 33 Climax is the best car (overall) also in old version, if actual drivers cannot use the car at full performance level is another thing (ask Peter, if you dont believe me).
Competition or fun races: wich way ?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 13758
Age : 31
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 14:25

Competition, but it should be fun, And if the fastest driver is in the fastest car, Then it will become boring very quickly, for example F1 in recent years with Vettel winning everything.

You have to think of the slower drivers too, They do not want to just turn up to races without having a chance of getting a point, but by your words your saying they should be in a slow car because they are slow.

And yes before you say again, Why was Tiago in a Honda etc, it's because the field spread isn't as wide as in some mods (F1 1991 mod for example) Where the best Tiago was allowed was a Larousse.

I disagree about the Lotus, I think in the previous version Power is the deciding factor, IMO so I'd rate the Honda BRM and Ferrari before it.

_________________



Last edited by Richard Coxon on Wed 7 May 2014 - 14:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Online
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14425
Age : 46
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 14:47

EDIT

Bah, forget it. Not worth commenting.

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Online
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 13758
Age : 31
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 14:51

lol!  @ Alberto, Lost Cause?  :hum: 

_________________

Back to top Go down
Online
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 6729
Age : 53
Location : Swindon , UK
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 15:16

Alex you cannot critisize the way this league is run you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes here we will not rush on change ..... The organization at HSO is second to non thats why we do not have the problems that other sites suffer with ..... The mod is beautiful which I have no doubt ,but when your in the middle of a championship you cannot change things overnight ..... Wink

_________________



What we do Monday to Friday Keeps us up with the Competition ...
What we do Saturday and Sunday Keeps us ahead ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 76
Age : 51
Location : Palermo, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 15:28

Carl Larrad wrote:
Alex you cannot critisize the way this league is run you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes here we will not rush on change ..... The organization at HSO is second to non thats why we do not have the problems that other sites suffer with ..... The mod is beautiful which I have no doubt ,but when your in the middle of a championship you cannot change things overnight ..... Wink
We suppose you have reason, Carl: can you tell me WHY was postponed Spa ?
We will race on old version of the track, as programmed (... in the middle of a championship you cannot change things overnight...) ?
We race with old version all the rest of the season, to dont alter the champ ?
Where are logic and coherence (and rules) ?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 13758
Age : 31
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 15:45

Martin Audran wrote:
No secrets here, the track we will certainly use for this race will be available on May 5th, and as I will not be at home between this day and the May 11th, I won't be able to install the track on the server, to test it properly etc etc. It is safer to postpone it  Smile Anyway I think two weeks of training will not be too much  :aie: 

Was posted in the schedule section of the 1965 F1 section. Reason why postponed. But I'm sure you read that beforehand  Rolling Eyes 

_________________

Back to top Go down
Online
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
avatar

Number of posts : 13574
Age : 31
Location : Paris, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 15:46

Spa was postponed to wait for the new track version, as Martin said in the F1 schedule topic. Changing a track version isn't exactly like changing the mod version. In one case you have only one thing to test (the new track), in the others, you have all the new cars to test. Plus nobody said the new version would never be used, just not right now.

If you really want to blame somebody, blame the modders for releasing multiple versions of their mod in a short period of time (Note that I don't blame them for that, they seem to have done a fantastic job, it just makes things harder for leagues).

_________________
Back to top Go down
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 76
Age : 51
Location : Palermo, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 16:27

Understood.
Resuming:
We race at new version of Spa because we want a new track that's almost identical at old one (with old physics).
Rules are only choreographic, only real rule is mood (and spare time) of moderators.
I'm happy to be here, also if i'm only a tourist that walk around the tracks seeing how beautiful is the landscape.
The important thing is to be aware of this, i'm going to see if mood of Martin is good or not, now.
Thanks all for clarification, no other words from me on this argument. :top: 
Back to top Go down
Jukka Maattanen
Racing Legend


Number of posts : 1548
Age : 32
Location : Finland
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 16:47

Rolling Eyes

_________________
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend


Number of posts : 3192
Age : 26
Location :
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 17:53

Well, as usual in this kind of case, if you're not happy, you can either find a new championship, or start yours where you can do everything perfect.

Last year I was in a rF2 league, but finally didn't like how things were done. Instead of telling them (as a newbie) what to do, make them feel I'm a know-it-all and that they did everything wrong, I left (see what I did there ?).

_________________
http://newarchive.simjunkies.org/discussion/9582/asj-f1-1982-race-4 :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Jef Vannijlen
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 69
Age : 39
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2013-12-14

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 18:05

I found a way to have these ENB effects from trackpack and use GID at the same time.
No need for swapping files anymore.
I just tested it in Historix 1.96 at riverside and even Oulton Park, where it should flicker but it doesnt.
----------------
i am using GID 115,
rename the GID dll in your root RF install, to d3d9_tvstyle.dll
(so the dll file that came with your GID is now called d3d9_tvstyle.dll)

in enbseries.ini , do this

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_tvstyle.dll

Enjoy:

ps:
U can check GID active by pressing num0(minimap), once a track is loaded
U can check ENB by pressing Shift-backspace (also shows upper left corner at startup)

_________________
Jef Vannijlen aka Jeeve79: "Always searching the limit... of the armco"
------------
https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Jeeve79/profile/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUROpH_3jL3jXV6262z_haw
Back to top Go down
https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Jeeve79/slideshow/SimRacing
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 76
Age : 51
Location : Palermo, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 18:35

JP Campmajo wrote:
Well, as usual in this kind of case, if you're not happy, you can either find a new championship, or start yours where you can do everything perfect.

Last year I was in a rF2 league, but finally didn't like how things were done. Instead of telling them (as a newbie) what to do, make them feel I'm a know-it-all and that they did everything wrong, I left (see what I did there ?).
Then you're going to leave us  Sad ?
What a pity ...  :rigol: 
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend


Number of posts : 3192
Age : 26
Location :
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 19:05

No worries, nobody would miss you either Very Happy 

_________________
http://newarchive.simjunkies.org/discussion/9582/asj-f1-1982-race-4 :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 3970
Age : 50
Location : Sugar Land, TX, USA
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Wed 7 May 2014 - 22:14

Alex Barresi wrote:
JP Campmajo wrote:
Well, as usual in this kind of case, if you're not happy, you can either find a new championship, or start yours where you can do everything perfect.

Last year I was in a rF2 league, but finally didn't like how things were done. Instead of telling them (as a newbie) what to do, make them feel I'm a know-it-all and that they did everything wrong, I left (see what I did there ?).
Then you're going to leave us  Sad ?
What a pity ...  :rigol: 

Alex, either pour yourself a nice glass of Italian wine or put down the glass you have now. One or the other seems to be causing an issue - a voluntary change is recommended.  drunken

_________________
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 680
Age : 28
Location : Northern California
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   Thu 8 May 2014 - 3:34

Alex Barresi wrote:

3 - Steve and Austin drive very fast cars, and they are not exactly slow (i'm happy that fast drivers are on slow cars, but why this is not true for all ? :hum: );


I havent even won a race yet in the brm. You and mark have nearly won every race, what more do u want? If it wasn't for you guys crashing i wouldn't even have had a top 5 finish. your car runs the same times if not faster. Im fast on the straights but you kill me in the corners. I think everyone just needs to puff on some marijuana and chill  :frank:  lol!

_________________
"The Winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose." Dale Earnhardt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS   

Back to top Go down
 
[rFactor 1] 1965 F1 v2.2.0.2 by CROMS
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» the 1965 movie the nanny
» US M-1 helmet 1966
» Season #8 Mod?
» 13 - Mexico GP (Hermanos Rodríguez) - Event Thread
» 10 - Singapore GP (Marina Bay) - Event Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock :: Mods-
Jump to: