Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]

Go down 
+39
Pascal Le pihive
Alexandre Kieffer
Jukka Närhi
Mark Holdampf
Gérard Ryon
Robert Wiesenmueller
Philippe Martinelli
Serge Fort
Alban Cosnuau
Vadim Sadoshenko
David Cid
Dave Miller
Tiago Malafaya
Mick Chapman
Vladko Nesvadba
Jean-François Bovy
Carl Larrad
Jacob Fredriksson
Anders Nilsson
Stephen Wenham
Samy Hamlaoui
Didier Conjeaud
Sergio Mengual
Jan Titz
Matthieu Bellanger
Pierre Closset
Frank Verplanken
Yves Plaçais
Jonatan Acerclinth
Imre Bende
Matthew Allington
Alberto Ibañez
Janos Hegyvari
Steve Parker
Balazs Kiss
Peter Blom
Alex Barresi
Richard Coxon
Martin Audran
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014 - 9:37

David Cid wrote:
After 2 crashes with spinning cars in front of me and some strange manouver from Wenham while being laped, wich made me lose a place for my friend Steve, with whom I had a great fight. Later, I've lost the motivation and concentration, ending up on the guardrails. So I went dinner instead. Thank you Hso.
 :hello:

It was good fun m8,pity backmarker ruined the battle,for me it was survival after injuring my back at work this made driving through pain barrier  pale  but survived both races so that was bonus. :top: 
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014 - 12:11

Première course: sur le toit avant la fin du premier tour, suite à un incident de Pascal

Deuxième excellente: je suis explosé par derrière dès le premier virage, juste inutile d'être prudent quand on est au milieu du paquet au départ... et je repars dernier avant de faire une belle remontée très fun et remplie de bonnes bagarres (Gérard, Fort, et d'autres...)

Merci HSO, bravo à tous, see you soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Mark Holdampf
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014 - 13:24

It was just amazing. Laughing 
Every fight that i joined was full of respect. Good to see that you're all racing very fair  Very Happy 
Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014 - 13:37

Too much stress in real life means I am arriving to these wednesday races in less than ideal menthal conditions, and with a total lack of practice. As a result, I don't find my mojo with the M3 as I did in previous years in the BTCC or ATCC, where I felt fast and confident  Sad 

Yesterday I only took part in race 1 and always felt the car was pushing like a freight train. In the last 3 turns on the stadium the difference with other cars was simply crazy, they were doing that section much quicker than me. Still I got close on other parts of the track, and that allowed me to follow Ben for some time and do some defences of my position, but the push on the last turns meant I always crossed the finish line with the front left well over 130º  Shocked so I had to back up and let it cool down.

For race 2, I was already tired and disgusted with not finding my pace, so I quit and went to bed.

Hopefully it will slowly get better and I will be more centered, as otherwise the championship is great as well as the company and attendance in the races  :top: 
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014 - 13:38

Mark Holdampf wrote:
Every fight that i joined was full of respect. Good to see that you're all racing very fair  Very Happy Thanks guys!

Just one of the things HSO prides itself on, Glad you enjoyed  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Balazs Kiss
Club Driver
Balazs Kiss

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014 - 16:11

Thanks Vladim Smile :drink: 

Awkward moment when you're faster on race, than on qualifying session with "full" tank, medium tyres. lol! 
I had never been a one lap (Q) guy, as you can saw yesterday. I don't know why  :hum: and of course on super pole session, I am a dead man  Mad 
11th place on Q but on both races I had a superb start especially on the second race. I caught 5 drivers to the first turn.

Before and on Q I tested an other setup, but it was a little bit slower for me than mine so I used mine on the races. I knew I can set a 1.06.9 lap with mine in the race, but 06.6  cheers scratch :hum: 

Double  :first: nothing better than this in this round. Simco 1-2 on the second race. :clap: :drink: :champ: :banane: 

Again nice battles with huge respect :frank: :clap:  Thank you guys.
Congratulations to everybody
ps.: Frank why did you let me on both races? :hum: :smil20: thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014 - 21:43

This was a difficult round with the 635. It didn't want to take the corners like the other cars and it had no power on the straights either but I did what I could with the car.

I want to begin with a sorry to Samy for the contact we had in Race2. I saw you spin but wasn't sure if you were stationary or not but once I realized it was too late Sad

Also sorry Stephen for hitting you in one of the races when I was trying to lap you. I was a bit stressed and missjudged what speed you would have mid-corner Sad

Race1 I can't remember much from apart from me being all over the place in the opening part of it and then trying to get back in contention but couldn't get further than the low 20's.
Sorry if any of the lapping drivers got held up by me. I was trying to catch Gerard and didn't want to loose too much time getting lapped  Embarassed 

Race2 was a lot more fun. Got a resonable jump off the line this time around and had a good turn 1 and 2 and was in the low teens after Lap1 Smile

After that had a few laps staying close to the front running group until Samy had his spin and we had contact. Went down the field but was able to climb a bit to finish in the teens and gaining a few more points for the total standings Smile
Again, sorry to those lapping me if anyone felt that they got held up, I was going as quickly as I could to gain more positions  Embarassed 

Thanks for hosting and thanks to those I had a battle with, I especially enjoyed battling Ben for most of Race2, sorry if you feel I was too aggressive and defensive but I really wanted to keep my position if possible Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014 - 17:30

Alban Cosnuau wrote:

deuxième manche ruiner au deuxième tour par Ben PAULET qui traverse la piste après être sorti. Mad 

Ca fait mal de se faire bousiller la course par un incompétent qui ne contrôle pas son retour en piste. C'est ce que beaucoup de pilotes ont aussi pensé à Macau. :frank:
Et de plus, tu n'es pas obligé d'hurler mon nom.  Wink

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 18:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandre Kieffer
Rookie
Alexandre Kieffer

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014 - 18:14

Course 1 et 2 bien sympathique avec de belles passe d'arme;par contre je veux bien admettre que la Sierra à l'époque du fait de sa bride était moins performante que les BM/Mercedes,mais je pense que les pneus étaient quand même capable de tenir leurs perfo sur la longueur,or là depuis deux courses l'arrière se met à flamber après 2/3 tours et à chaque fois que suis obligé de faire le bouchon de service....ça va pas être très amusant tout le temps...ni pour moi,ni pour ceux qui reviennent systématiquement sur moi.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2014 - 0:57

Amazing stuff..especially the last 10 secs...see how they avoid the spinning BMW!  :banane: 

Back to top Go down
Alban Cosnuau
Rookie
Alban Cosnuau

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2014 - 19:24

Ben Paulet wrote:
Alban Cosnuau wrote:

deuxième manche ruiner au deuxième tour par Ben PAULET qui traverse la piste après être sorti. Mad 

Ca fait mal de se faire bousiller la course par un incompétent qui ne contrôle pas son retour en piste. C'est ce que beaucoup de pilotes ont aussi pensé à Macau. :frank:

la différence avec macao, c'est j'ai admis mon erreur et que je me suis excuser.
Back to top Go down
Balazs Kiss
Club Driver
Balazs Kiss

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2014 - 21:53

Peter Blom wrote:
Amazing stuff..especially the last 10 secs...see how they avoid the spinning BMW!  :banane: 

:clap: 
My teammate, Imre's onboard  lol! :top:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2014 - 11:45

Alban Cosnuau wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:
Alban Cosnuau wrote:

la différence avec macao, c'est j'ai admis mon erreur et que je me suis excuser.
Et la différence avec toi, c'est que je ne me suis pas empressé d'hurler un nom. Mais, j'arrangerai ça à la prochaine et te garderai dans mon viseur. bounce 
Back to top Go down
Stephen Wenham
Rookie

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2014 - 0:23

Hello Racers,

I am after a bit of advice on Rf FFB settings. With my current settings I don't seem to be getting much feel for grip levels. I generally set high levels in the controller.ini file for things I want to feel, like front wheel grip and when touching the kerbs.

if I touch a kerb I get good feedback through the wheel, but when the car starts to understeer I don't get any feeling in the wheel at all, some forums I have looked at suggest I may have set some of the parameters too high and saturated the effects. but there are so many parameters to fiddle with I don't really have the time to spend testing them. does anyone have any advise or controller.ini settings I could try?

regards Stephen
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2014 - 4:44

Did you try these settings (bottom of the first post) ?
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]   Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Hockenheim Club [April 9th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4