Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]

Go down 
+45
Robert Rec
Eric Stanford
Simon Wattman
Svenja Titz
Kevin Maaß
kevin maass
Jean-Marie Placais
Oscar Hardwick
Vladko Nesvadba
Greg Hunt
Matthew Allington
Joshua Anderson
Cyril Derkir
Alexandre Kieffer
Leo Menegucci
Ricard Suanya
Steve Parker
Jan Titz
Matthieu Bellanger
Janos Hegyvari
Jonatan Acerclinth
Ruben Freitas
Dave Miller
Balazs Kiss
Philippe Martinelli
Alban Cosnuau
Serge Fort
Jean-François Bovy
Mick Chapman
Pascal Le pihive
Tiago Malafaya
Mike Becnel
Gérard Ryon
Joel Sixou
Austin Johnson
Sergio Mengual
Ben Paulet
Yves Plaçais
Alberto Ibañez
Carl Larrad
Vadim Sadoshenko
Richard Coxon
Jason White
Martin Audran
Frank Verplanken
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014 - 23:18

Frank was wondering what is the record for the most TCL cars in one race at HSO  last time we raced here only 17 cars where booked for the event  affraid Well done on gathering such a large field and thanks for organizing  :drink: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Vladko Nesvadba
Rookie

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2014-02-09

PostSubject: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014 - 23:40

Wink  thank you Vadim!  I had a chance but my throttle didnt chance.My foot out but throttle still use! I changed 3x potentiometer, i have to again!  Laughing 

I chose mediums tires and 20L of fuel extra  Very Happy Beatiful racing with Mark thx! After half of race i was hit by some guy after that i hit him - sorry i had no place - my tires was tired. Neutral One of circuits where is very important qualification! All know, for my surprised i had record in quali with another shortly gearbox.Used in race.I had scare about car,but BMW still good. Last 5laps after i kissed wall was hard! Car damaged in front suspension. Very Happy 

Grats to Mark And Balazs and finishers!
Great race after long time for me, thank you HSO!  :frank: 

I looking forward to next race  :third: cheers
If i can? drunken
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 0:19

:hum: I was wondering who Greg was calling silly. Seems we have a winner of the Exlax Smooth Move award for Austin for plowing into Greg  :doh:  on the parade lap! Wear it proud before flushing  Wink   :aie: :rigol:

I am sure it was accidental though. He did try to dive away. Greg did a lovely spin and Kerrunch into the wall. 10 points for artistry, 9 for not quite sticking the landing.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 0:38

Carl Larrad wrote:
Was really looking forward to this race especially as we had such a quality field of cars i like this track and have finished here twice already so had high hopes ... Was late getting to the race so only had 1 lap to get a qualifying lap in ....
The Race did not start well as i had no red start box all i could remember was that Philippe was near or behind me so i looked for a place on the grid ... I tried to take it easy at the start as i new there would be total carnage with this many cars and i was correct .. The Start was crazy , impossible not to hit someone or get hit by someone yourself after  a few laps and the Bumper car session was over i had a nice few laps with Philippe ...

After 6 laps or so my car just started behaving really strangely like it had a mind of its own felt like the gearbox was knackered i can remember at one point i was going along in 3rd gear on one of the straights
and it just would not accelerate from one lap to the next i lost 8 seconds ... One lap it was ok and then the next it would play up again ... Totally ruined my race the car was just so unpredictable i spent most of the race driving around on my own until i got lapped ......

About 8 laps before the end i was driving on my own and i had a CTD luckily i was on a straight when it happened so i was able to get back into the race without taking anyone out of the race  :doh: Was hoping for a top 15 but will have to settle for 20th ...:aie: 

The only thing i can take from this race is my 100% finishing record at Macau is still intact   Smile 

Well done to Mr Kiss  :champ: and congrats all finishers  :drink:
I think I might have an answer as to why you were slow on the straights from time to time. When I was behind you coming out of Mandarin (the hairpin) your brake lights were flashing. I wouldn't be surprised if you checked and found that you were getting a certain degree of un-wanted braking from your pedal not moving back all the way up after you've stopped braking  :smil20: 

Regarding my race.....

I feel that I probably made every possible misstake I could do.

It all began with me getting a good start but not being able to avoid the rear of Jan, sorry for the hit Sad

I spent most of Lap1 taking it very easy to then have Joel fly up the inside at Mandarin, thankfully I was checking my mirrors otherwhise that one could have been an ugly one.

That move threw me off and I soon got passed by Richard and then, foolishly, tried to keep it around the outside which ended in me having to check up and the fellow behind me had nowhere to go and hit me spinning me around on the exit of the 3rd gear right hander just before heading down the hill again. Sorry for that incident Sad

Realized immidietly that I was in a bad spot but not lethal so I stayed there and turned my lights on to try and help the oncoming traffic with exactly where I was sat at. No one hit me so I guess it worked and tried to get it turned around between the two groups that had formed after the problems on lap 1 but couldn't get going in time and had to sit there and wait for the second group as well. Got going again, now in 34th or there about and was fuming.

Quickly caught the group ahead and, by that time, had calmed enough to not try anything foolish but instead wait for a clear chance at a pass. Especially Dave in his M3 showed some very nice defensive skills keeping me behind for a lap and a bit Smile

Also had a nice battle with Phillipe after I failed a first pitstop thinking it was working like in another sim and therefore had to dive in again (my driving style meant I couldn't go the distance on one tank unfortunately  :bangry: ) which lasted for 2 or 3 laps until Phillipe made a misstake which allowed me to outbrake him into T3 Smile

The rest of the race I spent trying to catch Leo and Steve who were ahead.

I didn't enjoy driving the Sierra. I was hoping that I would but it's just way to specific in the way it drives that it's just not fun. The Power is to......... high up in the revs, I hurt my soul when I rev an engine that high. That's why the Mustang, Holden and Rover is more up my street.

The ford panel bashers won't be happy, there is a lot of work to be had on my car after that race, only the roof was straight  :aie: 

Thank you to those I battled with. I hope I'll be able to battle you all again, next time in a more suitable car  cheers :drink: 
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 8:07

Why does my internet have to conspire against me whenever I sign up for an HSO event these days?! Sad
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 9:10

so it was funny race for me
very bad qualif
crash in the second curve and problems with the accelerator pedal, lol
but ok
a very good track , and some good simfriends  :banane: 
grats to the administrator

:top: 
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 11:21

Race results are up on the site Wink

:frank:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 11:23

Carl Larrad wrote:
Frank was wondering what is the record for the most TCL cars in one race at HSO  last time we raced here only 17 cars where booked for the event  affraid Well done on gathering such a large field and thanks for organizing  :drink: 

Yes we had more cars starting yesterday than we had in the two previous Guia Race editions we did put together :D . In fact I think it was our very first race with 40 cars on track  Cool 
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 11:26

Now we just need a good Indianapolis 500 with these numbers to get some proper bumping :jp: 
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 11:27

Oh yeah  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 11:33

Would be great to have these sort of numbers for Bathurst and the Targa Florio rally. Well done again on organising.  :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 11:44

Sorry double post  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 11:48

Great event last night, with a superb field on a great track with great cars :D! With 40 cars on track I was a bit worry we would have a lot of bugs, but it all went rather well considering Smile. The only bad bug was Balazs stuck in no man's land before the start, but thankfully he appeared on his grid slot (just in front of me :D) just before the start was given... and went on to win the race  Cool ! Grats Balazs I was happy to see you win it in the end  :drink: !

For me it went rather well, a nice consolation after two bad showings at Snetterton and Laguna Seca. I bettered my PB in qualifying with 32s4 but I screwed up sector one badly on that lap and missed a 31s7  :smil20: Still, 6th out of 40 was decent enough Smile.

The start went well and the highlight of the race for me was the first braking at Lisboa where I managed to pass by the outside Greg and the two Sierras of Alexandre and Oscar  :jp: . Early on I tried to keep in touch with Vladko while keeping the Sierras at bay, but I had to let Alexandre by after around 10 laps. However I was hoping the tyres on his big Sierra would go off towards the end of the race so I tried to stay close to him in the meantime. A bit of tough luck in traffic and an almost spin at half distance put me 6 seconds behind Alexandre, and that proved a bit too much in the end. The last 5 laps were excellent though as I was catching Alexandre by 1s per lap and Vladko, who must have been on mediums, by 2s per lap. I really thought I was gonna grab P3 in the last lap, but more unlucky draw in traffic prevented that. Still I had a go at Alexandre in the penultimate turn in the last lap, but that was a bit optimistic I think and I spun him out  :aie: I waited of course and crossed the line behind him. Great defense on shot tyres Alexandre  :top: One more lap and you were mine though  :antoine: :D .

Other than that I hope Alban Cosnuau is going to post very soon some apologies as he triggered the turn 2 wreck in the first lap. No bad intentions from Alban, just a driving error, but then the result was the same for the dozen cars that were taken into that mayhem  Evil or Very Mad .
Austin rear ending Greg in the formation lap was ugly too, but he already apologized for that. I hope you will be more cautious in the future during formation laps Austin  1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 1623587389 :biggrin: 

Thanks all for coming, it was a great event  :top: 

Stay tuned for the annoucement of the 1989 DTM which will use the exact same carset as the one we used last night Smile

Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 14:00

'89 DTM series?  Surprised Shocked 

If the day works, count me in  :D :top: :drink: 
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 16:39

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
'89 DTM series?  Surprised Shocked 

If the day works, count me in  :D :top: :drink: 

And me!! :D :top:
Back to top Go down
Alban Cosnuau
Rookie
Alban Cosnuau

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 17:46

désolé pour le carnage au deuxième virage, c'est moi qui tape le rail et part en tonneaux  pale

Saddened for the slaughter in the second bend, it is me who bang(type) the rail and leaves for barrels  pale 
Back to top Go down
Joel Sixou
Experienced Driver
Joel Sixou

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 18:47

dommage, j'ai abîmé ma bm 2 ou  3 tours avant la fin, peut être dû à une lassitude de me retrouver seul ou tout simplement une erreur de jugement.
malgré tout content de mes qualifs.
je suis parti en pneu hard, je pense que c’était aussi une erreur.
bon, je réserve ma bm pour le futur champ Wink
alors bye.... et biz donc ;)lol
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 18:53

Austin Johnson wrote:
. Sorry in the beginning greg idk what the hell happend everyone was going fast and then decide to stop before the corner. It was completely my fault sry it wont happen again. .

it s ok for this time .

j aime bien ce circuit mais je ne m y sens jamais vraiment a l aise et j ai bien l impression que lui me déteste . il me semble que je n ai jamais fini une course dessus . apres l accident du tour de formation ... j etais enervé et apres quelques tours j ai preferé faire echap .

well done all finishers
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 19:32

Je passe dans un trou de souris, le Big One Crash du 2ème virage. Puis laissant mes amis s'extirper de la ferraille, j'ai un petit gap de sécurité, sans pression avec mon poursuivant. Je suis tranquille le petit train de Macau, à distance raisonnable de Pascal et Richard. Jusqu'au tour 3, où un rail me refait le coup de Laguna seca, au lieu de me faire rebondir, il défonce tout le capot jusqu'au cockpit. Moteur et avant cassé. Sombre période pour moi avec les rails d'insécurités.  :frank:
Thanks to Vadim, to offer his car, and sorry to have not make a better result.  :frank: 

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Mon 24 Feb 2014 - 19:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serge Fort
Rookie
Serge Fort

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 19:34

Incident sur ma ligne téléphone vers 11h, pour finalement être réparée a 21h 15...dommage a 15 mns prêt je n'ai pas pu faire la course ...je me suis consolé en la regardant en spectateur .. Sad 
Back to top Go down
Balazs Kiss
Club Driver
Balazs Kiss

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 19:59

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Great event last night, with a superb field on a great track with great cars :D! With 40 cars on track I was a bit worry we would have a lot of bugs, but it all went rather well considering Smile. The only bad bug was Balazs stuck in no man's land before the start, but thankfully he appeared on his grid slot (just in front of me :D) just before the start was given... and went on to win the race  Cool ! Grats Balazs I was happy to see you win it in the end  :drink: !

I was happy to start. Win in the end was a bonus :banane: 
cheers :champ: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014 - 21:15

I felt I really struggled testing here. Doing clean laps wasn't a problem, but I was suprised how off the pace I was leading up to the event. I was expecting to be 3 seconds off the pace of people I race with in other series, but 5-8 seconds!! I figured I just hadn't discovered the potential of these relative modern cars, as with the exception of Formulae Atlantic, the most modern car I have driven is '76. But I noticed I could easily do 26 laps on a set of softs, getting consistent times between 2:40/43, so figured I just hadnt dialed in an aggrresive enough setup, so focused on what I had, and concentrate on long runs, hoping I would make any gains on people having to pit for tires.

Qualified with a pb, mainly due to giving it my all finding a gap in traffic. On the grid where I half expected, but with a few surprises who was ahead. My red box was in a very odd place right behind and slightly to the right of car in front, so tried to position myself where I thought I should be, using car a round as reference, but server relocated me back in misplaced box. I thought how I wasn't to gain an advantage of this, but needn't have worried as I got swamped by almost every one behind....

So.....out of turn 2.....yellows before I got to turn 2 warned of some trouble round the corner. Was some distance ahead as came round, but there was a lot of debris , tire marks and smoke ahead, so gauged my speed accordingly.....by the time I got there, it was absolute mayhem, I sighted a gap to the right, but still scrubbing off speed, but a car in the main pile of cars bounced off another into me, and with others pilinginto the back of me I was launched over the ever increasing wreckage right over the top and landed right way up past it. My speed before launch was 65mph(105kph?) From 36th to 23rd over the top!!

I watched the replay of the incident from every car. Considering the extreme rapidity and sudden change of direction at the beginning of the first few cars involved, carnage was on the cards, but I concluded as things transpired less damage could been achieved. Many drivers who were first to arrive, we all reducing speeding, followed by many increasing speed, some up until say 10 meters before wreck, despite having longer and more distance to react??

Anyway, a pit stop required. Couldn't decide (due to no testing of various scenarios) whever I would get away with no damage repairs and just a new set of tires....and I think I was too eager to let undamged car pass on way to pits....back on track , and found myself being lapped already, as I was having a battle with Simon Wattman, as we both took advantage of the other letting lapping traffic through....

.........and to some appologies...

To Gregoire Guissan for not allowing you a clean run to apex as you were on the tail of Austin...I was having a a job trying to seperate frivers catching me for position and lappers.

To Pascal Lapaurne......having let some one pass putting me the outside, I was heading for the wall sticking out from a sort of layby. My instinct was to keep turning to avoid it, but that caused contact with you.

To Tiago....After you lapped me, I found I could easily keep up with you and inplaces could have unlapped myself...(your post explains why this was....there was me thinking I had cracked it!) I was in a real dilema what to do. Sorry of I put you off.

....and finaly, and the most stupid unnecessary mistake, my apologies to Frank. No excuse required as, there was 1 lap to go and car ahead of me for position, was 1 lap ahead and as I was last car running, I could have pulled to a complete halt to let you continue your last lap battle for position.

Despite having to make 2 long stops for repairs and inflated tires, and being so far out of position so early on, I enjoyed it A bit dissapointed I had so much to think about so soon, as if there wasnt enough already.I hope there will be another event here really soon...

Thank you HSO et al
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Feb 2014 - 11:02

On second thought we're gonna do the 1988 DTM instead  :D 

Booking is now open Wink  :yaa: 
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Feb 2014 - 23:18

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

I think I might have an answer as to why you were slow on the straights from time to time. When I was behind you coming out of Mandarin (the hairpin) your brake lights were flashing. I wouldn't be surprised if you checked and found that you were getting a certain degree of un-wanted braking from your pedal not moving back all the way up after you've stopped braking  :smil20: 

Jonatan thanks for being so observant it helps me to realize I'm not completely losing it  lol! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:02

Sorry I could not resist with so many cars on the grid while watching the replay  :hihi: 

1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 13543998845_a7a2a3eb05_b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]   1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd] - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1989 Macau Guia Race [February 23rd]
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next