Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 14237
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 12:07

Yeah well, next time I am about to overtake Mike I'll try to remember than when he communicates with body language he does so in mandarin chinese and not in a decent christian language  :hihi: 

Back to top Go down
Sergio Mengual
Club Driver

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 12:23

Race hard for my little Alfa at Laguna Seca, the 1st race was very well without any fault and trying not to bother much they folded me.
The 2nd had a disastrous start and broke a wheel, which I had to pit and lose a lot of time, then it was a walk to goal.
Very hard for my ass  affraid , but fun race at this track.
Thanks HSO :hello: .

Number of posts : 8010
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 13:04

I would like still to present my apologies to implicated drivers in my stupid moves. I was sometimes too eager to overtake.
I hate this crappy shity track. The second race has seen my wheel fly in my room. I don't know if it's still working. I pulled the wheel of the office without unscrew and I violently thrown to the ground. I was so angry. :grrr: 

Frank Verplanken
League Owner

Number of posts : 11663
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 13:49

Me, Mrs Paulet and four cats can testify that Ben's G25 indeed has some flying skills  affraid It badly needs to improve his landing skills though  :aie: :hihi: 

Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 13:52

Quote :
The second race has seen my wheel fly in my room. I don't know if it's still working. I pulled the wheel of the office without unscrew and I violently thrown to the ground. I was so angry.

How I wish that the race replay we can download from the web included that  :D 

If Mrs Paulet even opened her mouth after such scene, she must have bigger balls than most of us  :hihi: 

Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 14:28

exhausting races; the track doesn't let you rest for a single moment.

Race 1- The car was pretty balanced, so I could have a strong, comfortable pace. In the early stages it was Greg, moi and Richard. 10 laps or so gone and Richard was partially gone too, so it's me and Greg fighting for the win. I could eventually pass him on almost 30 laps putting the pressure and starting to pull a little gap.

I had a comfortable lead of about 6 seconds before my pitstop (which came very late), but after my pitstop, Greg was again very close (I think I might have put a little extra fuel or the Pantera is more thirsty than the capri, can't remember), so it was a fight again till the end of the race, and a great one  :first: 

Race 2: Was very tired and tried to convince Greg not to take part in it, but he just said something about his ass  :rigol: . Lost concentration in the early laps and had a huge contact with hte barrier after the first hill; the car was a bit bent and lost quite a lot of it's efficiency. Tried to hold off Greg but it was in vain, he passed me and went away. I tried as hard as I could but the car wouldn't comply  :aie: so in the end.... :second: 

A very good racing weekend for me

PS: I too had a big stunt in the final laps, having a big roll after the first hill, so I did the those final laps with a rollbar in front of my eyes  :aie: 

Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 14:40

On m'aurait dit que je finirais 6ème dans ces deux longues courses au volant de mon mastodonte, j'aurai signé tout de suite !

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 14:58

Quote :
Dude, the two times I had some freeze/ping problems I asked the admin permission to start at the back despite having qualified way up (Last time at the Road Atlanta Open when I was 2nd in my class in qualy), and I drove from there. Everyone likes to win or get a good finishing position, but first rule here is to be sure you don't ruin anybody's evening. It's called respect, and we are quite proud of how this league works in that regard.

Dude:

1: Just i was on TS, no more
2: One race ago when i had problem i writed on rfactor chat and i got reprimand for writing.

I don't know how i have to solve the problem, in such circumstances is impossible.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 16:11

Quote :
1: Just i was on TS, no more
2: One race ago when i had problem i writed on rfactor chat and i got reprimand for writing.

I don't know how i have to solve the problem, in such circumstances is impossible.

You just write it in the rfactor chat during warmup, that's all. The warmup is used for briefing as per the rules, it's exactly the place to do that, and by then you should already know what ping you have as all tracks are on the server  Rolling Eyes Still, believe it or not, you have two options more:

1) Drop to the back of the field at the warm up lap and start last - The race has started for the server and nobody will get penalties.
2) If all else fails, quit before you ruin someone's race and weeked (Yes many people practice for this several hours and expect to have their enjoyment on the weekend. Some even can only race on these sunday races, and being taken off by someone with lag is not exactly what makes you happy afterwards)

The thing is, quitting when you have lag and notice that you are causing trouble and making contact with other people is a non-egoist option that favours the rest of people over your eager to stay there. One needs to put respect for the others over personal eager in order to take it.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against you and when I overtook you on the track I had no trouble, but like Antoine said already, the community has his own wishes regarding behaviour and courtesy on track. We are proud of setting a high standard on that, and expect people to adapt to that.

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3970
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 16:25

Richard Coxon wrote:
I've never laughed so much at a race report  :clap: 

And I wasn't smoking  :hihi: there was a delightful woman who had taken a fancy to my Porsche, So I was giving the tour! Shhh though, No need to tell Frank or the Mrs.  :jp:   :hihi: 

How did your female cat like the ride? Good pussy.  lol! 

Number of posts : 13183
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 18:25

Mike Becnel wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
I've never laughed so much at a race report  :clap: 

And I wasn't smoking  :hihi: there was a delightful woman who had taken a fancy to my Porsche, So I was giving the tour! Shhh though, No need to tell Frank or the Mrs.  :jp:   :hihi: 

How did your female cat like the ride? Good pussy.  lol! 

lol! Not as good as Pussy in a can  :hihi: 

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 18:50

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Me, Mrs Paulet and four cats can testify that Ben's G25 indeed has some flying skills  affraid It badly needs to improve his landing skills though  :aie: :hihi: 

:rigol: :rigol: :rigol: :rigol: 

Number of posts : 6727
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 19:10

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Me, Mrs Paulet and four cats can testify that Ben's G25 indeed has some flying skills affraid It badly needs to improve his landing skills though :aie: :hihi:

The thing that shocks me the most is that there is a Mrs Paulet
I Thought Franky and Benny lived together  lol!

What we do Monday to Friday Keeps us up with the Competition ...
What we do Saturday and Sunday Keeps us ahead ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Greg Goissen
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 19:13

j etais entrain de sortir mon     pour Ben car ces " saletés " de statistiques n ont pas pris en compte ma victoire mais surtout m a 50 eme pole sur laquelle j ai dansé toute la nuit  :banane: :D mais une délation en provenance directe de la cote d azur ... ( 100 pour cent fiable ma source )  :D  m indique que le responsable de tout ca est notre retraité des circuits qui aurait mis au point un systeme peu fiable  :bangry: :D 

donc je vais débarquer dans le puy de dome avec mon      pour corriger cet " informaticien a 2 balles "  :langue:

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 19:21

Quote :
The thing that shocks me the most is that there is a Mrs Paulet
I Thought Franky and Benny lived together

They did but the judge handed the cats to Benny after the divorce and Frank visits them regularly. The HSO racing thing is just a cover to confuse Mrs. Paulet  :spy: 

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner

Number of posts : 13567

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 19:32

Greg Goissen wrote:
j etais entrain de sortir mon     pour Ben car ces " saletés " de statistiques n ont pas pris en compte ma victoire mais surtout m a 50 eme pole sur laquelle j ai dansé toute la nuit  :banane: :D mais une délation en provenance directe de la cote d azur ... ( 100 pour cent fiable ma source )  :D  m indique que le responsable de tout ca est notre retraité des circuits qui aurait mis au point un systeme peu fiable  :bangry: :D 

donc je vais débarquer dans le puy de dome avec mon      pour corriger cet " informaticien a 2 balles "  :langue:

Je sais pourquoi ça n'a pas marché mais ne le révélerai pas au public pour ne pas décrédibiliser le pouvoir en place.  Razz C'est corrigeable en tout cas Smile

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 19:35

ohhh que j aime mettre la " merde " entre les adminis hihihihihihihihi  lol! 

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 19:52

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Yeah well, next time I am about to overtake Mike I'll try to remember than when he communicates with body language he does so in mandarin chinese and not in a decent christian language  :hihi: 

I was unaware that an extended middle finger in one hand and a sign saying "Caution slow ass driver on one bodacious scary track" in the other hand (and no hands on the wheel, that is why God gave us two knees) was difficult to understand in Spain.  Suspect 

The real answer is my final thought was "There is no f---ing way I am going 2 wide in THAT corner" and the math computation was perfect. We were going to meet there.

Your flight and flip were most inspirational!

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Me, Mrs Paulet and four cats can testify that Ben's G25 indeed has some flying skills affraid It badly needs to improve his landing skills though :aie: :hihi:

Sounds more like an NFL touchdown ball spiking celebration to me. An expensive one!!  cheers lol! 

Number of posts : 11663

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 20:10

lol! And you should have seen the two-point conversion with the shifter  :D !

Mike Becnel
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 20:11

Dayam! Have all the cats come out of hiding yet?

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 20:30

All except the one who received the landing wheel  :rigol: 

Quote :
The real answer is my final thought was "There is no f---ing way I am going 2 wide in THAT corner" and the math computation was perfect. We were going to meet there.

Actually I overtook Mateus on the same spot several laps before :hihi: but he was indeed letting me pass :bangry: 

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 20:55

And here's the incident ... amazing to have survived that  Shocked Cool 

Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 8010
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 21:31

Mike Becnel wrote:
Dayam! Have all the cats come out of hiding yet?
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
All except the one who received the landing wheel :rigol:
 lol! 

Carl Larrad
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 6727
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 22:53

The Talk of the Pits after the Race  :D 

What we do Monday to Friday Keeps us up with the Competition ...
What we do Saturday and Sunday Keeps us ahead ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Greg Goissen
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 23:13

:rigol: :rigol: :rigol: 

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]   

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Monterey Triple Crown [February 16th - 16 février]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next