Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1965 F1 - Entry List

Go down 
+63
Jan Kowalski
Johan Gericke
Chris Tarboton
Alan Lopez
Teemu Toikka
Alessio Campigotto
Sergio Mengual
Dave Miller
Vadim Sadoshenko
Alex Yaushev
Mick Chapman
Sven Stehler
Austin Johnson
Jens Kraft
David Jundt
Thiago Lemos
Eric Daon
Alberto Ibañez
finally gone :)
Samy Hamlaoui
Arnaud Plum
Florkin Marc
David Cid
Jean-louis Petillot
Vincent Beretta
Frank Verplanken
Greg Hunt
Cyril Derkir
Jean-Marie Placais
Carl Larrad
Gabriele Maruca
Steve Parker
Yves Plaçais
Ben Paulet
Matthew Allington
Angelo dos Santos
Frank Labédan
Karel Marciniszyn
Tiago Malafaya
Jean-François Bovy
Ruben Freitas
Vadim Taciak
Jukka Närhi
Simon Wattman
Thomas Gatschnegg
Patrick Marucco
Philippe Martinelli
Mike Becnel
Richard Coxon
Joshua Anderson
Yannick Lampure
François Remmen
Alex Barresi
Peter Blom
Joel Sixou
Glenn Corliss
Jason White
Pascal Le pihive
Leo Menegucci
Gérard Ryon
Mark Barresi
Lan Weingerl
Martin Audran
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelo dos Santos
Rookie
Angelo dos Santos

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-12-14

1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 4:59

Just a title of information, and I hope it is taken this way:

At Killarney...that is not a power track, and match the cars pretty well.
With the Scuderia Centro Sud and the Reg Parnell Lotus, I manage best lap times of 1:16.9. Those are probably the weakers cars above the one assigned to me.

With the Cooper T60 (Bob Gerard Racing)...already knowing the track, and how to setup the car. Driving my heart out of the thing, 35 laps later....PB....staggering...1:18.3. Thats 1.4secs slower in a short track where the engine is not that important.  :hum: 
Now imagine that at Kyalami...at Charade...at Spa...at Monza...how much slower this car is going to be.

Just to make it clear...this is not a complain or anything. But maybe this model shouldnt be on the line up if the intention is to have homegeneous Grids.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 5:16

Angelo dos Santos wrote:

With the Scuderia Centro Sud and the Reg Parnell Lotus, I manage best lap times of 1:16.9. Those are probably the weakers cars above the one assigned to me.

With the Cooper T60 (Bob Gerard Racing)...already knowing the track, and how to setup the car. Driving my heart out of the thing, 35 laps later....PB....staggering...1:18.3. Thats 1.4secs slower in a short track where the engine is not that important.  :hum: 
Now imagine that at Kyalami...at Charade...at Spa...at Monza...how much slower this car is going to be.

Just to make it clear...this is not a complain or anything. But maybe this model shouldnt be on the line up if the intention is to have homegeneous Grids.

Thanks.

Angelo it does nor matter. With the range of experience here there will always be a challenge. None of the super fast drivers get the top cars (usually).
Back to top Go down
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 5:47

Mike Becnel wrote:
Angelo dos Santos wrote:

Thanks.

Angelo it does nor matter. With the range of experience here there will always be a challenge. None of the super fast drivers get the top cars (usually).

*looks at the entry list again carefully*

Can´t follow you on this Mike.
@Angelo: You are right.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 6:57

The main point here is: fun.... not wins

Geez.... what if the car is slow... I'm here for so many years, driving slow cars and I'm still here.....having fun

Oh and btw, the other main point is not to abolish cars just because they're slow... is to be historically accurate
Back to top Go down
Angelo dos Santos
Rookie
Angelo dos Santos

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 11:31

Be too radical analysing things never is a good way...never.
At no point I asked for a car to Win. In fact I said that a slow car would do for me just fine.
If it is too much admit that a car is no match to any of the others cars, nevermind the winning ones, then Im sorry for try to bring a "useless" information.

Best regards to all.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 11:38

It's is slow and no match compared to the other cars in your hands, at Kyalami I did a 1:25.5 after only a handful of laps.
I'm pretty confident I could maybe squeeze more time out of it (Not alot but a bit) but even if I didn't I wouldn't have been last on the grid, Near the back but not last and I'm sure I would of had a good battle with the cars around me.

Not all drivers are your pace, some guys in quicker cars will match your pace in the T60, I guarantee it.
And if your here for fun, you won't mind battling if its at the back or the front.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 14:23

I'm not judging you or anyone, I'm only giving you information of how it works here. Besides, the admin had a lot of work distributing the cars the best way they could and ,of course, not everybody would be happy, specially those who didn't have a car  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 14:53

Also remember we're going to do the full 1965 season, which means GPs of over 2 hours in length. Speed of a car on one lap is one thing, the ability of a driver to lap consistently for so long is another. I have one of the slowest cars in the field and I am happy with it. If ever I manage to score the odd WC point with my Centro-Sud BRM it will mean more to me than winning races outright with a works Ferrari 1512.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 14:55

I know Angelo as a guy who is a very commited league racer and above all having a competitive spirit. If the solution is to put him on the reserve list instead of driving that old overweight Cooper T60 then why not. As Tiago said it's all about fun :conduit: 

Geez I'm almost jealous at the guys who have to do Pre-Q....the tension!  :banane:
Back to top Go down
Angelo dos Santos
Rookie
Angelo dos Santos

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 15:23

I would be very happy having a Centro Sud myself. It is quite an light and fun car.  Smile 

Look guys, I already said that my car is free.
What I tried to do was inform that my car is not fun. To me is not fun drive as hard as possible and be blitzed out of the corners because of the weight, or be blitzed on the straights by anyone with the same power. From what supposed to be fun Im sure I would be frustrated time after time. Not fun to me. And Im speaking only for myself, here.
We all have our prioritys.
Im not a professional and neither intend to be one. Dont want to prove anything to anyone. Some nice midfield battles and maybe some surprise results would do fine.
But unfortunetly was not meant to be.

Also Im not going to try to Pre Qualify or cannibalize anyone or anything. Contrary to some would think, Im not that kind of person. If Admins feels Im not fit something, then thats the way it is. Im cool.

Here it seems a tremendous place for racing and I will be watching for future oportunities, who knows.

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 15:32

The year before HSO, we had a 79 championship. I had the Ensign which was some 7 seconds slower, even the drivers I usually see when lapping them were way faster. I also did most of my GPL career with a Cooper being blitzed by anyone on the straights.
The point is, if you really wanted to be there, you'd have taken the damn car. Everybody (mostly) wants to win. But too much of competitive spirit won't fit well here.
Back to top Go down
Leo Menegucci
Club Driver
Leo Menegucci

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 16:47

Dans la fin des courses, je suis sûr que nous allons voir les gars habituelles au sommet, peu importe la voiture.

Longues, longues courses ...  

excuse my french :frank: 

Back to top Go down
Frank Labédan
Racing Legend
Frank Labédan

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 18:51

Merci aux admins pour leur travail et leur patience ...
Je suis ravi de piloter pour Ferrari, je n'ai jamais eu l'occasion en quelques années chez HSO ...J'aime beaucoup ces monoplaces, vraiment fun a conduire et demandant une certaine finesse pour pas casser les moteurs  :aie: .
J'ai pu voir que j'etais loin des meilleurs lors de la course test, mais je me suis regalé a  :yaa:  dans le fond de la grille ... je n'aurai pas beaucoup de temps a consacrer aux reglages (boulot oblige), maisJ'espere que j'arriverai a asticoter mon cher neveu en course : il adore ça  1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 1623587389 

Bonne fêtes a tous
 :hello: 
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 21:06

I would have taken that BRM, but I think I'll just do selected events for now Wink
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 22:05

@Marc:

Même si ce n’était pas prévu à l'origine, je vais tenter d'expliquer un peu comment on a établit le plateau. Mais je te préviens tout de suite, tu n'en sera pas moins frustré :smil20:

Plusieurs fois dans nos championnats F1 chez HSO, nous avons eu des pilotes champions avec des voitures qui, historiquement, n'avaient rien à faire à un tel niveau de performance. Alfa ou Arrows en 79, Minardi en 91. Nous avons essayé cette année d’éviter ça, en mettant les pilotes d'un certain niveau et d'une certaines expériences sur les voitures qui, à l'époque, se positionnaient souvent en haut des classements.

C'est un peu l'inverse du fonctionnement habituel d'HSO je te l'accorde, mais grâce au trophée Von Trips pour les privés, les pilotes d'un niveau plus modeste ou inexpérimentés ont tout de même l'occasion de lutter pour des points et de s'amuser ensemble. Ce système est d'autant plus viable que dans ce mod l'écart entre les meilleures voitures et les moins bonnes est bien moins important que dans les mods 79 et 91. La seule exception que nous avons faite est pour Angelo, pilote à priori rapide, qui a hérité d'une privée, mais une des moins rapide. Nous l'avons placé la parce que d'une part, il n'y avait plus de place chez les usines, et d'autre part pour éviter qu'il monopolise à chaque GP une des Lotus 25 BRM du Reg Parnell.

A partir de la, en fonction des choix de chacun, nous avons fait au mieux pour répartir les voitures. Après pourquoi untel à une voiture et untel non... :smil20: J'aurai pu te donner la Lotus 25 du Wicky Racing au lieu de la donner à Yannick par exemple, mais il aurait eu tout autant de raisons que toi d'être frustré.

En espérant te voir lors des pré-qualifications Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 22:05

@Angelo:

You may know the F1 65 mod well, but I know all the drivers here well and if I gave you a Cooper T60, it's because I know (from what I saw in the HSO-A open) you would have been able to fight on track with the other privateers at least. And therefor fight for the Von Trips Trophy.

But if you don't even want to try, no problem I will free your car :smil20: And I hope to see you in some others series we run.

Angelo dos Santos wrote:
Also Im not going to try to Pre Qualify or cannibalize anyone or anything.

It's not that I don't want to see you race at all, but if we gave you the Cooper T60, it's because there was no more room in factory cars, and we did not want to see you "monopolize" one of the 4 Lotus 25 BRM at each race :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 0:31

Merci Martin d'avoir répondu,
 :top: 
Je comprend mieux votre logique de raisonnement, qui ne correspond pas à l'esprit de F1 1991 !
Maintenant je sais que je suis un éternel Rookie ....!
Pourtant certains pilotes retenu étaient derrière moi à Kyalami, jusqu'au moment où j'ai explosé le moteur de ma Lotus 33 au 20 ième tour !!

Mais bon, il faudra bien s'en accommoder !

Mais c'est vrai qu'en étant réserviste, l'on a une petite chance d'obtenir un volant correct (voir F1 1991 2013 où j'avais une Modena au début du championnat et j'ai terminé avec une Benetton !)

L'ordre de la liste des réservistes est - elle celle qui est sur la 1ière page ??

Si oui, il me faudra beaucoup de patience pour pouvoir m'amuser avec vous !
C'est une qualité développée chez HSO pour les non-élus !

Autre question: quand doit on établir son chrono ?
Il n'y a pas des qualifs officielles un jour déterminé ??
 scratch  study 
Marcus
  Sad 
Quand même très très déçu

Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 0:52

Pour les préqualifs tu peux faire ton chrono n'importe quand sur le serveur, avant la date de fin des préqualifs.

Pour la première manche ici: http://historicsimracing.123.st/t2392-nc-1965-rand-grand-prix-jan-5th ça se termine vendredi 3 janvier à 22h. C'est la que les 4 pilotes les plus rapides de la réserve seront annoncés.

Pour l'ordre de la réserve oui c'est bien celui du premier post, mais ça peut aller très vite, il suffit de manquer deux courses de suite pour perdre sa voiture..  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 1:07

Merci Martin

Marcus
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 2:26

that old T60 Cooper is quicker then I thought! http://91.121.135.76:30012/rTop100Factor?max=100&category=1965%20Formula%20One%20Championship%20HSO&track=GPCKyalami

1.24.0 was good enough for Q 14th at the practice race we had last week. Stick with your T60 if you have one dudes...you can surprise people with it!  :third: 

Back to top Go down
Thiago Lemos
Rookie
Thiago Lemos

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-12-28

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 5:04

I'd like to be a reserve driver.

ps: interested in BSCC: yes
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 5:34

Andre Wicky, wow. Even I didn't know him really!

Can I be put on the reserve driver list too? Just for when the championship arrives at a race I'd like to try to pre-qualify for Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 6:11

if u run out of drivers put me on the reserve lisst just in case Smile
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 17:16

Can i be a Reserve driver plz.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 20:23

Ok  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1965 F1 - Entry List   1965 F1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1965 F1 - Entry List
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next