Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]

Go down 
+26
Alberto Ibañez
Alessio Campigotto
Antoine de Mautor
Jean-François Bovy
Chris Bolin
Eric Daon
Simon Wattman
Vincent Beretta
Gérard Ryon
Yannick Lampure
Jukka Närhi
Ruben Freitas
Bernard Jeanmart
Jonatan Acerclinth
Mauricio Herve
Yves Plaçais
Richard Coxon
Frank Verplanken
Ben Paulet
Greg Hunt
Martin Audran
Jean-louis Petillot
Jim Carvalho
Patrick Marucco
Jason White
Guillaume Siebert
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Bolin
Rookie
Chris Bolin

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-07-15

Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 8:50

Most likely be present! :cowboy2: 
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 11:47

Vais tout faire pour être là pour 20h30 Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 15:31

Présent !

If someone could spare a Chevron setup with me that would be much appreciated :chinois: 
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 16:42

:conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 17:00

désolé je ne pourrais pas être la ce soir.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 17:39

Finally absent :smil20: 
Back to top Go down
Mark Holdampf
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 18:25

:conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 18:59

Quali launched ! :conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:28

Bon je suis en progres par rapport à l'open
A l'open j'avais cassé mon moteur au 15eme tour, ce soir il a tenu jusqu'au 20eme cheers 

A ce moment de la course j'etais 14eme à 1 tour et je servai de lièvre à Philippe Wink 

Je trouve toujours ce mod génial, il faut juste que j'apprenne à piloter et normalement d'ici la fin de saison je devrai pouvoir marquer quelques points Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:47

Results and standings are up on the website :flag: 
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:51

Patrick Marucco wrote:
Bon je suis en progres par rapport à l'open
A l'open j'avais cassé mon moteur au 15eme tour, ce soir il a tenu jusqu'au 20eme cheers 

A ce moment de la course j'etais 14eme à 1 tour et je servai de lièvre à Philippe Wink 

Je trouve toujours ce mod génial, il faut juste que j'apprenne à piloter et normalement d'ici la fin de saison je devrai pouvoir marquer quelques points Very Happy 
Les moteurs sont plus solides que sur les F5000 mais si tu ne lèves jamais le pied en montant les vitesses, ça cassera toujours. :smil20: 
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:14

Disappointed to say the least, So slow on the straight, top end speed that is, Had a moment at turn 1 and was stuck in the middle of the track and that resulted in the biggest fanny fit ever! So in a blind panic I just quit. Enjoyed my little battles sorry for the bump Carl.

Well done to the podium and the winner, not sure who won. Ain't looked yet lol! 
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 23:16

Richard Coxon wrote:
Disappointed to say the least, So slow on the straight, top end speed that is, Had a moment at turn 1 and was stuck in the middle of the track and that resulted in the biggest fanny fit ever! So in a blind panic I just quit. Enjoyed my little battles sorry for the bump Carl.

Well done to the podium and the winner, not sure who won. Ain't looked yet lol! 
It Was great fun while it lasted Richard ... I Was also surprised how i was able to catch you on the straights
I Used your setup although i lowered the rear wing and changed the gears a little but you where killing me in the corners ..

I Think this mod has a great way of equalling the cars especially towards the end of the race when the tyres are completely knackered it does not matter which car your in when the tyres are dead there oh so dead ...
I tried everything to catch Jason in the last 10 laps eventually i managed to get on his tail with just 2 laps to go .... I Could see Jason was also struggling for grip as we appoached the start finish line for the penultimate lap Jason went Sideways and with the superior power of the March i managed to go by but also at this moment Franck was coming through i let him through as i was getting the blue flag and could not get back on the racing line as Alessio was also there , and surprisingly Jason also nipped through affraid as we drove to the next corner the 2nd slow right hander Alession spun and ... Jason opened up a very small gap .... By the time we got to the stadium i was back on his tail but he did not make the same mistake again .... So finished right in his tail ....

Very exciting race for me Thanks to Richard , Jonathan and Jason .. Happy with 8 points ..
Well Done Gui and Congrats all finishers :drink: :champ: 

Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Sep 2013 - 23:32

I enjoyed myself a lot fighting with Carl, Richard, Ben and many others until I ran wide around the 12 lap mark in the long left after the chicane and I apparently missed the Sector line there a went a lap down on almost everyone Sad

The car wasn't good on the straight, far too high downforce holding me back but I was able to be a lot quicker in the corners which made the battle with, especially, Carl very good Smile

Will do a lot more testing for the next track to get more out of the car but as long as I stay on the lead lap and get a lot of good battles like the first laps battles today I will be happy non the less :aie: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 2:34

What an epic race. Started dead last due to my late arrival, but was up to 18th at the end of lap 1, which was like navigating an obstacle course! affraid Had to work very hard to get by Patrick, with put me out of touch with most of the field.  After more attrition, I was up to 12th, but Carl was slowly reeling me in. Thanks to several front runners coming through, I was able to keep the gap between 4 and 6 seconds. With a few laps to go, my tires were down to the cords, and I was struggling to make it around some of the corners. Starting the final lap, I got sideways and Carl had me passed easy.  But by coincidence, Frank was coming through and we both got a blue flag. Frank split both of us, and I used his slipstream to edge alongside Carl. By turn 1, I had the line and was back by!  Alessio spun behind me, allowing a small gap to open. Came back to the line a half second in front of Carl. Thoroughly challenging and definitely enjoyable.  From 25th to 12th and 9 points. Thanks to Carl and everyone else for a great event! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 8:27

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
I apparently missed the Sector line there a went a lap down on almost everyone Sad
Ah, I will fix that then don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 8:41

First sorry about my admin mistakes last night, with the useless formation lap and the spin I did during it Embarassed :doh: 

I got pole but being down on power compared to Greg and Tiago I couldn't keep them behind at the start, and half spun at the last turn at the end of the lap, sending me down to 5th, so bad first lap. What a Face 
Then I had a good short battle with Antoine and Chris but eventualy got through to 3rd place Smile I managed to catch Tiago and overtake him (sorry if I pushed you off the track in the last turn, I couldn't see where you were Embarassed ) to go back to 2nd place. Then I tried to catch Greg, but we were running very similar laptimes and could only claw back one tenth or two per lap.
I got lucky and Greg made a big mistake in the second sector, so I could grab the lead and hold it to the finish, despite going off the track while lapping Eric.

By the end of the race my hard tires were sliding quite a bit, but still capable of low 1'32s so everything went ok Smile

Congrats all finishers, see ya all at Westwood, our first time on this small and fun track :conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 9:25

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I apparently missed the Sector line there a went a lap down on almost everyone Sad
Alright it's fixed, you're back to 12th Wink
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 11:52

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Alright it's fixed, you're back to 12th Wink
I never expected that to happen Shocked 

Thank you very much Gui Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 12:06

I was very disappointed by the race yesterday. I really wanted to do it, but I did only 2 formations laps (why 2? 2 is probably better than 1 :hihi: ) and 4 turns. In the 4th, I can't avoid Chris Bolin who had a problem of braking. The tires smoke hid his car. After the accident, I was really upset. But it's the races life. :D
Back to top Go down
Chris Bolin
Rookie
Chris Bolin

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 12:39

First of all I want to appologise to you Ben, I spun my car in the 4th corner, lost control of it after braking hard. I had problems with my brake balance, the car was really unstable before the 4th and the last corners on the track while braking.
I went back on to the track and found my car was really damaged, and I knew I could not carry on with that much damage to it, was pretty upset with myself having such a bad race Sad

Congrats to Guillaume for winning of the 1st race of this season! Smile
Well see you guys on the next one, and thanks for racing!

Back to top Go down
Eric Daon
Experienced Driver
Eric Daon

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 13:14

hello,
I'm sorry for your off track Guillaume, I just saw the replay * , I see no fault of my own, but if you think I'm wrong tell me.
I have preferred to abandon the next round anyway I do not get anywhere with these cars
*(how to go at the end of the replay without fully looking at?)

PS:
is that someone could pass me the set up for me to redo a few laps?
I started with RF and I have big doubts that I did.

++
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 13:25

J'ai jamais dit que c'était ta faute, mais en choisissant de te mettre à droite à cet endroit, tu me forces à prendre large dans le double droit, et je suis rentré trop vite dedans.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:28

Chris Bolin wrote:
First of all I want to appologise to you Ben, I spun my car in the 4th corner, lost control of it after braking hard. I had problems with my brake balance, the car was really unstable before the 4th and the last corners on the track while braking.
I went back on to the track and found my car was really damaged, and I knew I could not carry on with that much damage to it, was pretty upset with myself having such a bad race Sad

Congrats to Guillaume for winning of the 1st race of this season! Smile
Well see you guys on the next one, and thanks for racing!

There is no problem. It's a fact of race. :frank: 
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2013 - 14:45

Ce mod est très chouette, je trouve, et quand j'aurais trouvé les réglages qui me conviennent çà ira (peut-être..) mieux...

Au premier virage après le départ, je me loupe et quitte la route... je repart 25ème... Je remonte peu à peu et tente de rejoindre Patrick et Carl qui sont en bagarre. Mais je fais à peu près une faute par tour, donc je découvre plus les bas-côtés du circuit que les qualités de ma superbe March 76b...

Par un bel optimisme, dont je m'étonne moi-même, j'ai pris le départ en pneus tendres... Après une vingtaine de tours ils étaient au rouge et çà glissait copieusement... Patrick casse son moteur et je m'accroche pour revenir sur Carl... Au 30ème tour... RETOUR-BUREAU... (Et oui mon Ben çà fait chi...Twisted Evil ).

J'ai repris la course puisque la voiture était intacte et j'ai terminé à 2 tours de l'ami Guillaume, que je félicite pour sa victoire ainsi que le podium et tous les autres. Wink

Last edited by Philippe Martinelli on Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]   Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Edmonton [Sept. 4]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next