Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

goodbye... for now

Go down 
+9
Mike Becnel
Yves Plaçais
Anders Nilsson
Martin Audran
Jason White
Ben Paulet
Richard Coxon
Alessio Campigotto
Tiago Malafaya
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:03

Having a new job in recent times, I've been told that I'll be working from thursdays to Sundays, giving me no room to race on weekends.

For this I'm saying goodbye for all the Sunday races, but not saying goodbye for good.
I left football this year after being champion in U19, promoting the team to the national championship, because the club is suffering from major financial problems, so they were having trouble in paying me.

For that I applied for a government job, which I've been told on friday that I have made it, that's why the change in schedule, so for now, I don't see a light in the end of the tunnel..... for now.

Saying that, I'll leave the F5000 and F1 championship with great sadness, aiming only for a wednesday race, when available.

Of course, I plan to stick around even if there's no place for me in any race, so...

See you soon guys :hello: 

I leave you with the video that I made while in football, in the game where we were champions an the celebrations in the last one. I'm filming so don't bother trying to find me lol! 

See you soon

P.S. sorry, all the text is in portuguese, but that's not really important :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2013 - 23:12

Excellent video Tiago :clap: Shame I won't be beaten by you for a while, but good luck on your new ventures :D 
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 0:42

I wish you luck in your new adventure, Hope it makes you happy and hopefully will see you on track every so often on a wednesday.

Again best of luck Tiago :drink: 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 12:21

A race without crazyman is like a hgt race without Capri. It's sad. Sad 

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 18:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 14:21

Best of luck Tiago! Maybe I'll run into you on an odd Wednesday (not literally, figuratively) :hello: 
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 16:23

Good luck with your new job Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-06-06

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 16:47

Best of luck:)
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 17:50

Bonne chance, Tiago !
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 19:46

Thank you guys,

The thing is, despite the new job, I can't avoid feeling a bit sad because... I've been here for the past 5 years and now everything is going to be different Sad 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 20:14

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Thank you guys,

The thing is, despite the new job, I can't avoid feeling a bit sad because... I've been here for the past 5 years and now everything is going to be different Sad 

What will you be doing for the government? Government job working on a Sunday? I am pretty sure that is against the law in the US Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 20:19

Mike Becnel wrote:
Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Thank you guys,

What will you be doing for the government? Government job working on a Sunday? I am pretty sure that is against the law in the US Wink 
I'm not sure about the law. Firemen, cops, hospital staff don't work the sunday? Wink 
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 21:25

Can't give you guys many details.... It has something to do with youngsters Wink 
Back to top Go down
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 22:51

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Can't give you guys many details.... It has something to do with youngsters Wink 

I think we might be in the same occupaition Tiago, i also work with youngsters. And that involves all days in week included christmas and so on . Work is good workhours sux tho Rolling schedule Neutral
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 23:13

well, there's some similarities, for sure, even the rolling schedule. In my case it's some specific youngsters.... society problematic ones
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2013 - 11:26

Ben Paulet wrote:
I'm not sure about the law. Firemen, cops, hospital staff don't work the sunday? Wink 

Firemen, cops and hospital workers are not (federal) governement employees I think, but rather state, county or city employees in most cases. One of the biggest governement agencies in terms of number of employees has to be the postal service, and they sure as hell don't work on Sundays. I'm pretty sure the FBI does though ^^ .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2013 - 12:20

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
well, there's some similarities, for sure, even the rolling schedule. In my case it's some specific youngsters.... society problematic ones

It´s the same job, be careful tho m8 .It´s very easy to be to much involved so to speak.Try to keep your emotions away and be professional. Not easy i know even tho the kids have problems. they are most times good kids/teenagers. I wish u best it´s an important job :top: 
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2013 - 13:42

Thanks Anders, I'll do my best :hello: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2013 - 20:25

:hello: 

Heck of a job Tiago. Best of luck and I hope it works out for you.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2013 - 21:29

I hope too Mike, my teacher's side is getting the most of me so far, and the kid's been enjoying it, so hopefully it will continue that way :top: 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2013 - 22:06

Teach them for modding.:hihi: 
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jul 2013 - 19:07

good luck m8
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2013 - 18:40

I Nearly missed this hope you fair well in your New Job ....

I Am finding it increasingly difficult to find time to race
but its always great to see you at the races so please come back
when you can make it .... :drink: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jul 2013 - 11:26

Hopefully, wednesdays are still a possibility, if the races don't finish too late.

I get up at 5:50 am everyday Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:07

Good luck with your new job and happy to hear you will be anyway always hanging around in the forum :top: 

The main difficulty with such jobs is not getting personally involved with the youngsters, but then again when you succeed with them it's incredibly satisfying. For what I know you, you will sure be a great help and do a fantastic job cheers 
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitimeMon 19 Aug 2013 - 12:43

Thank you for your words Alberto, so far it has been great. Those youngsters have created a good and empathetic relationship with me and everything has been running smoothly so far.

Of course my football history and my academic degree helps a lot :D 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

goodbye... for now Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye... for now   goodbye... for now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

goodbye... for now
Page 1 of 1