Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]

Go down 
+29
Gérard Ryon
Paul Nadeau
Philippe Bousquet
Simon Wattman
Jean-Marie Placais
Patrick Marucco
Camille Spada
Tiago Malafaya
Yves Plaçais
Antoine de Mautor
David Jundt
Samy Hamlaoui
Frank Labédan
Anders Nilsson
Samuli Leinonen
Juha Mikkola
Dave Miller
Jon Lasa
Ben Warren
Shaun Hutchinson
Teemu Toikka
James Knowles
Martin Audran
Ludovic Tagli
Joel Sixou
Abat Hernaez
Mike Becnel
Jason White
Guillaume Siebert
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013 - 22:13

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Standings fixed Wink

:top:

Picked up a new FL when I put on Meds, awesome :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013 - 22:20

JP Campmajo wrote:
Rocky Calabrese wrote:
Well that sucks. I guess you guys had a time change. Now I am an hour late and missed the start of the race. Next time please announce that there is a time change.

It was on page 1 Neutral
It's not in the first post though. I didn't realize that CET would change. Can we use GMT instead?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013 - 22:39

CET is more convenient for us, it automaticaly adjusts with DST.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013 - 22:48

How about both? GMT never changes.

But I guess it won't matter now for at least 6 months. I hate DST. I really wanted to race these cars.
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013 - 23:14

Well, pretty horrid race for me today (as all could tell). Car just did the most bizarre things from time to time. Would just plow stright off with no warning, and I swear I have never felt confident under braking....

Did my best to facilitate everyone else's. Gui-I think I overfacilitated when you nudged me.

Antoine-not certain what happened in turn 2 when I opened the door for you-did I mislead you?

During the race just prior to an open lap I said to myself "Okay, this is just not working. Make a conscious effort to be smooth..."

Really put my head down...and got a 1:01.6x. Now that will steam nobody's lenses around here, but for me, on a race set it was really quite good. It was worth the other 52 laps of awkwardness.

I will be sad to see this mod go, and sad I didn't have the time to fully take it in, for like that single lap today I think I really could have extracted more from the car than I really did.

But I know if I hang around at HSO long enough -it will come around again..

To all-thanks for your patience with my driving. Really hope to me more than a motorized pylon in the nearest future...
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:20

Good race for me, I was able to put some pressure on Kevin for the first 40 laps, the gap even went down to 1s at some point, but in the end my tires were shot and I had to let him go in the last 10 laps. Still happy with 2nd behind a fast Jaguar Wink :second:

Well done everyone in traffic, very clean on this narrow track :top:

See you all for more Group C racing later this year Wink
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:42

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 15:00

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 17:48

I made 1 major mistake: I decided to start on Soft tyres instead of mediums. I could have switched later in the race, but needed to pit shortly after the half-way mark.

But the start was troublesome: Samy tried to dart through a gap that wasn't there. He spun sideways through the small gap and I thought he had lost much time.

But by T3, I saw him again in my mirrors, braking much too late, I managed to open the door just in time and he drove into the cars ahead. I had to go off aswell to avoid him and had a coming together with Jan and someone else(JP I guess), sorry about that.

I tapped Antoine into the fast chicane while trying to pass him, I flashed to say sorry to him. Afterwards, I felt bad because he might have thought I was angry that I couldn't pass him Embarassed

He later spun when Jason made a poor re-join and touched the left side of his car.

By lap 24, I was fighting more with my tyres as I had noticed around lap 18 that the front left tyre had already gone below 50% Shocked A total miscalculation, but at the last race, I was just gambling.

JP was searching for a way through and when Gerard let us through before T3, he went for it.

I covered, but the small push, blocking brakes and the immense wear on my left front made me run off the track Sad JP went through and increased the gap. I noticed Jan gained a lot so I pitted.

I overshot my pit box and lost more time too. When I came out, I was right behind Kevin anf Gui. For the remainder of the race, I was following Gui and even scored by 4th fastest lap on HSO! Very Happy

I finished 6th in the end, could have been 4th or 5th with a better strategy.

Qualifying was shocking, dunno how you can do 57 without crashing. I was hoping to beat Gui, JP and Antoine, but they all beat me Sad
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 19:10

David Jundt wrote:
I covered, but the small push, blocking brakes and the immense wear on my left front made me run off the track Sad JP went through and increased the gap. I noticed Jan gained a lot so I pitted.

You moved over towards my car under heavy braking, there wasn't much I could do :smil20: I was already there.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 20:18

"already there" = alongside?

I couldn't see it exactely.

Outbraking at that hairpin is dangerous though. Only need to brake a little later and run off.

After lapping Gerard, I didn't quite expect the move into T3 though Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 15:50

Not a great race for me, but I'm cool with the result anyway... Had a good start but overshot my usual braking point in turn, and collected Jan Titz, sorry about that mate, really am Neutral I let you through first chance I had some 20 laps later. :chinois:

So as Samy had been striking, I found myself in 2nd place, with Kevin quickly pulling ahead and Gui right on my tail. He overtook me before long. :conduit: No way to follow, but I could keep David and JP at bay, despite being slightly slower than them. The good run ended when I ran into Jason who was rejoining the track in a dangerous spot (sometimes I wonder if you even own a wheel Jason, I mean you seem to spend more time off the track than on it, and it's always a scary moment when it comes to lap you, it's been so for more than a year pale). So then I was 5th, then the tyres were cooked, so the second part of the race was all sliding and drifting, with a few hairy moments geek

After David pitted I was 5th right behind Jan and JP, I could follow them, but made two mistakes which prevented me to rank any higher, too bad... :smil20: It was arguably a very difficult track for these cars, no time to rest and the front tyres were taking a severe beating.

Well done to the winner and to Gui for the title, great fun with these cars, hopefully we have another nice enduros soon :top:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 16:05

Antoine,

What caused you to spin when you tried to pass me at turn 2?

Just want to make certain I didn't mislead you on the flash to pas...
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 17:54

No worries James, I just lost the car under braking :chinois: Was having a hard time finding my braking point when following another car since it was on the ground :aie:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 18:37

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
No worries James, I just lost the car under braking :chinois: Was having a hard time finding my braking point when following another car since it was on the ground :aie:

Just glad you didn't find your 'breaking' point....

Cheers...
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 19:18

Oh It seems I only get just now the irony in your posts... If there is any? I'm not sure, what's your point ? If no harm was intended, please forgive my paranoia!
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 19:28

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Oh It seems I only get just now the irony in your posts... If there is any? I'm not sure, what's your point ? If no harm was intended, please forgive my paranoia!

All in fun Antoine... Very Happy

See you on the tack soon.... :drink:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 19:38

Quote :
please forgive my paranoia!

Knowing you a bit, it's the secondary effect of driving something with a turbo and more modern than the 70s Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 70110
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 20:03

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
please forgive my paranoia!

Knowing you a bit, it's the secondary effect of driving something with a turbo and more modern than the 70s Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 70110

The Jaguar has no turbo, thank god! Bear with me though, I misread your posts James sorry Embarassed

Back to preparing this year's Tour de France, featuring, VERY OLD cars :jp:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 20:10

[quote="Antoine de Mautor"]
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

As Old as me Or Older :hum:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 20:13

I'm not giving it away yet :aie:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 20:16

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
I'm not giving it away yet :aie:

Ohhhh :aie:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 20:38

Antoine de Mautor wrote:

Good.

...because it seems I can't win any races outside of it Rolling Eyes :langue:

"la vie est dure"

:hihi:
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 22:26

"if winning was easy, everyone would do it"
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Apr 2013 - 19:26

Indeed, but don't let Chris Amon read this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]   Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Nurburgring Sprint [March 31st]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next