Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]

Go down 
+38
Philippe Martinelli
Ben Truffini
Freddy Hell
Erik Tveit
Jean-Marie Placais
Alban Cosnuau
finally gone :)
Antoine de Mautor
David Jundt
Patrick Marucco
Caspar de Jonge
Franck Mercurio
Jon Lasa
Dave Miller
Ben Paulet
Dave Simmons
Simon Wattman
Joel Sixou
Alessio Campigotto
Matthieu Bellanger
Greg Hunt
Roy Magnes
Carl Larrad
Richard Coxon
Guillaume Siebert
Raynald Tortay
Stephen Wenham
Pierre Closset
Ole Marius Myrvold
Vincent Beretta
Jon Hicken
Tiago Malafaya
Alberto Ibañez
Jonatan Acerclinth
Yves Plaçais
Cyril Derkir
JB Massida
Frank Verplanken
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Roy Magnes
Club Driver
Roy Magnes

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 20:32

Is the qualifying session locked? I can't join the session, getting timed out every time i hit the button Question
Back to top Go down
JB Massida
Pro Driver
JB Massida

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 20:42

Bon le chargement de la partie plante en permanence. Super
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 20:42

Roy Magnes wrote:
Is the qualifying session locked? I can't join the session, getting timed out every time i hit the button Question
Not, it should be possible to join in Quali scratch
Back to top Go down
Roy Magnes
Club Driver
Roy Magnes

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 20:44

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Roy Magnes wrote:
Not, it should be possible to join in Quali scratch
Then I will not be racing tonight, I guess... Stressing home from work just to get this is really frustrating Sad

Edit: And I just tested a few other open servers just to test, and I can get on to those without any problem at all... Rrrrrrrrrgh!
Back to top Go down
Giuseppe Scaccia
Experienced Driver
Giuseppe Scaccia

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 21:31

Wow

Fantastic race for first laps and then...Connection Lost
Back to top Go down
Stephen Wenham
Rookie

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 21:33

Was looking forward to this race, but as usual didnt get much time to practice, made a steady start and avoided the carnage on the opening lap, was starting to make my way up the field a bit, but i suddenly noticed i was running out of fuel and couldnt make it back to the pits in time. (in the panic to sort out my fuel before the race i set my pitstop up for 50l of fuel but forgot to set the starting amount and only had 14l)
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 21:37

You frustrated drivers, yes you ! you should join the Caterham races in ~30 minutes :D
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 21:56

The Start was very chaotic sorry to anyone i might have hit
but the lag and warping of cars was really bad for me Embarassed

Not sure what happened was having a great race was as high as 6th at one point
I pulled into the pits for my stop ... turned off the engine and it would not start again
had to retire in the pits .... I Practiced this in the week with no problems so i don't know
what i did wrong Sad

Had some great laps and was looking forward to a good finish ...

Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 22:13

Caterham server launched!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 22:19

I knew the HUD was going to be a problem, and it was. :doh:

Started well and stood out of trouble settling behind Philippe and Laurent, with whom I had some nice fights as well as with Joel (Apologizes for the touch, you slid and slowed down, so I had nowhere to go). Some 20 minutes into the race I was behind them with cooked tires and while having fun, it was clear that our pace was very slow due to the fighting. So I decided to pit and let them fight it, having myself clear track later :antoine: Then disaster happened :grrr: as somehow forgot or could not disable damage repair and my crew started repainting and waxing the body scratches for a full 40 seconds :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: worse even, I could not change tires as the hud was locked once the pitstop started :grrr:

Went back to track hopelessly behind and lapped till the end unable to do anything. Found on my way John and Laurent again, but any attempt to overtake them meant blue flag as soon as they were behind, so I let it go and just finished the race.

Definitely, not fun Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, grats to the winners, specially to Jonathan who finally could join the full race and show his path, well done :hello: :clap:

Back to top Go down
Jon Hicken
Club Driver
Jon Hicken

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 22:31

I had a really fun race, especially with the BMWs :D It's so much fun to race with cars so equally matched in different ways. I think me and Laurent Binet had a good dice at one point Smile The Alfa can outbrake ANYTHING

I do feel however though that a lot of drivers forgot to take their brain to today's race. Needless to say I'm not going to name names.

As for the usual gentleman's apologies - Mr Martinelli - on lap 1 coming into the chicane I hit your rear pretty hard. I did not expect you to brake 50m early! I'm glad you didn't end up in the wall, but sorry for that misjudgement. Yves, not sure what you were saying sorry for - I saw you make a few mistakes but you didn't hinder my race at all. Smile

Good race guys! My first decent BTCC league result :D
Back to top Go down
Joel Sixou
Experienced Driver
Joel Sixou

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 22:38

suite au départ en cata, je me retrouve dernier ou pas loin à remonter tant bien que mal, désolé aux erreurs que j'ai pu commettre envers certains pilotes Sad

et comme Alberto je pit et 40s à réparer et reluire la voiture. (np Alberto pour la touchette)
j'abandonne un peu plus loin car les chances d'arsouiller s'écartaient, aussi la règle du drapeau bleu qui m’empêchait de prendre du rythme m'a fait passer une soirée très moyenne. d'autres j'imagine on du se régaler car je trouve que ce circuit se prête bien à la bagarre Wink

@ bientôt pour de nouvelles aventures
Back to top Go down
Erik Tveit
Rookie

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 22:52

Had massive server problems. My first 14 minutes were not noted by the server, but everyone else saw me.

Was up to third at a moment. Pitted and some laps later every car dissepeard from the track. Then Ole and Roy told me I hot someone. Sorry I can't tell your name, but I really want to say sorry for that. Sad

Was a rather bad way to enter this league. But oh well, I like the rallycross style of the Sierra.. :p
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:02

Caterham race 2 started yet?
Back to top Go down
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:16

BTCC was fun ! I didn't understand what happened at the start. I was qualified 17th but on the grid it seemed i was 5 or 6 ... We started, i overtook a car but my ranking didn't change and then in the 1st corner a bunch of cars appeared in front of me Smile After that, i had great fights with philipe and alberto then later after a few mistakes with others. When i finally pitted i lost my ranking but still i manages to overtake david miller on the last breaking of the last lap !! Was so good, sorry david !

Cat race ? haha, didnt practice at all, it was a mess i ran of fuel after ten laps, i messed up: i put 13 liters only Smile

Ah, got one question, ole was far behind me and after i pitted he was in front of me but not in ranking so i overtook him, he then flashed me with his lights, didnt understand why, so i let him pass but then he was so slow i overtook him again. what were you doing ? curious Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zadvocate.com
Jon Hicken
Club Driver
Jon Hicken

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:22

Erik Tveit wrote:
Had massive server problems. My first 14 minutes were not noted by the server, but everyone else saw me.

Was up to third at a moment. Pitted and some laps later every car dissepeard from the track. Then Ole and Roy told me I hot someone. Sorry I can't tell your name, but I really want to say sorry for that. Sad

Was a rather bad way to enter this league. But oh well, I like the rallycross style of the Sierra.. :p

At the time you hit me you did not appear to lag at all on my screen. I'm sure the server-side replay (I think that's how it works anyway) may tell a different story however. If you are lagging in traffic you need to drive accordingly. If the problems carry on then it's for the best, for everyone that you pull over and quit before you ruin someone else's race.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Closset
Club Driver

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:34

BTCC gone wild at the start !

I was 5th on the grid then 3rd after the first turn.
Trying to keep the sierra behind but in the last straight line Frank and Yves overtake me ... but missed the braking point and Yves goes on the wall then he comeback on the track, right in my side Sad
First 360, lost a bit of places, then first turn again, here my rear tyres said goodbye and second spin...

I have to do an agressive driving right now, climbing position as fast as I can then I finally comeback on David and fight for my revenge of Thuxton. Nice battle with him till the pit.

Heavy pressure on my shoulder when I didn't remember if it was just a stop or a 10 sec stop ... hopefully it was just a stop :p

Now I was 4th with 15 sec behind Frank and 15 sec in front of David, race was over and finally I finished first of the "no-sierra".

It was a great 1h race ! Smile

A little word about the overlapped driver, you were all great in your reaction but only one failed ... Ole Marius Myrvold ...
Everytime I was coming back on you, you NEVER let me passed and you were fighting with me with a lap behind !!!
Even with my full light on you, with David just behind me, you never let me go !
It's a shame ! you are a class C over lapped and I'm a class A, it was totaly unfair !
Back to top Go down
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:39

Pierre Closset wrote:

A little word about the overlapped driver, you were all great in your reaction but only one failed ... Ole Marius Myrvold ...
Everytime I was coming back on you, you NEVER let me passed and you were fighting with me with a lap behind !!!
Even with my full light on you, with David just behind me, you never let me go !
It's a shame ! you are a class C over lapped and I'm a class A, it was totaly unfair !

ah, i was not the only one to notice that Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zadvocate.com
Ole Marius Myrvold
Club Driver

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:44

Pierre Closset wrote:

I'm all for different styles of driving, but the way I've learnt to do it in multiclass racing from other series, is that every class does have it's own fights. The Holden is slower than the Corolla in the corners, it's braking earlier, when I'm in dire need of going fast to catch up after a strange first lap, I cannot, and I will not, "stop" to let other pass me. I'm in a race as well, and I'm not going to loose that by having to slow down very much. And, well, when you turned into me intentionally down the straight after the first time, I'm not going to do you any favours later on either.
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:48

Très bonne course pour moi :second: J'avais un léger espoir de gagner avec les ravitos :langue: mais quand j'ai vu que Jesper était juste derrière moi après le sien, j'ai fait mon possible pour aller chercher le meilleur tour, ce que j'ai fait pour 0.006 :jp:

Par contre, le départ c'était assez ridicule. Y'a un gars, sur 4 courses cette année, y'en a 2 voire 3 où il fait un inter de kamikaze au 1er virage et défonce tout le monde. Une fois je veux bien, mais là ca fait beaucoup ! J'espère qu'il se reconnaitra...

Jon Hicken wrote:
you pull over and quit before you ruin someone else's race.

Exactly, like rear ending the leader when you're a lap behind... As you said Erik, great way to start in a league !

En Caterham, transition difficile depuis la Sierra. 1ere course j'ai galéré avec les freins, et en 2e, j'ai failli gagner sur un malentendu :hum:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:50

BTCC was good. Except that the BMW has no drive on straights and I have no chance of battling Sierras or Holdens.

But my Caterham performance was bad: I had the wrong setup in R1, tapped Frank M. and nearly spun, then had to battle a lagging Vincent(again) and tappd him to go head on into the wall... P8.

Race 2 was better, but whatever I did, I didn't have the pace to battle for the podium. Sorry to Yves and Jean-Marie for my "combat" driving Rolling Eyes

But Jean-Marie, you cut the last chicane and held me up, not that cool.

@Simon Wattman: Why are you always parking your car somewhere? Go to the pits and park it there instead of causing yellow flags! This has been the XYZ-time you standing around somewhere Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:52

Results and replays are up on the website :flag:

Good night folks! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Jon Lasa
Club Driver
Jon Lasa

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:56

I enjoyed this race

Remembering last race, when I forget to upgrade the car, was hard to stay on track because all drivers overtake me very fast

This time, was the same, but at least, enjoyed mid-race fighting positions with Miller specially

Start the race and I watch Tortay jumping from rearview, the game wants to start two cars in the same position lol!

First laps are bit crazy, lot of traffic and lot of mistakes. "Fast Group" cars arrives from backside recovering start positions. I fight with AE86's and going in front, watching times and display an error arrives and go out of track kissing the wall :aie: . The car not's bad and continue racing

Wattman and Miller overtake me but they don't scape very far. I'm near of them and in few laps I'm on ¿drag?

In next two laps, I overtake both in same turn :conduit:

I'm enjoying with the race, but problems arrive. Don't know the reason but front wheel increases a lot of temperature (maybe for the wall crash), laps gone and the understeer arrives. Miller arrives from back and overtake me in the same turn as I did it, I'll try to continue behind him but all leaders or faster cars arrives and leaving pass those cars Miller escape

I use this moment to enter box, where I forget to change repair conditions and lost around a minute, and with the same wheels I try to continue

The other mid-race, much time drove alone (no position fight) and try to finish, I saw Alberto has problems, but was impossible for me to catch him in my conditions

In last laps I saw Ole Marius again near, but no time to attack and race finished

Maybe if I changed repair conditions was able to fight with him for 1st position on Class C but this things happens on races

Thanks to HSO and all participants for this race, see you on next track

:frank:
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:57

Had an absolutely cracking race despite only 20 mins of practice before qualifying and a small incident early on in the race that led to a quick spot of lawn mowing.

Managed to recover and focused on staying out of trouble
the Corolla was very nice to drive as was the track

on binging the car home I was very suprised to see I was 1st in class

Big thanks to everyone for a great nights racing
Back to top Go down
Pierre Closset
Club Driver

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013 - 23:58

Ole Marius Myrvold wrote:

I'm all for different styles of driving, but the way I've learnt to do it in multiclass racing from other series, is that every class does have it's own fights. The Holden is slower than the Corolla in the corners, it's braking earlier, when I'm in dire need of going fast to catch up after a strange first lap, I cannot, and I will not, "stop" to let other pass me. I'm in a race as well, and I'm not going to loose that by having to slow down very much. And, well, when you turned into me intentionally down the straight after the first time, I'm not going to do you any favours later on either.

You have to pull over when two class A cars in battle comeback on you, even if you are in battle, you just have to take off your feet of the gaz for a second and it's ok, you don't have to brake like a retard, and the guy you are fighting with will do the same so you will not lost time.

If you don't wan't to get overlapped just take a faster car or another class. But don't try to mess a battle between two fastest cars.

You say that I "intentionally" turn into you ? Did you know that if I come in the interior side of a turn, the weight of my 5.0 Holden (close to 1.5 tons I think ?) will pull me on the exterior of the turn ... I know that, that's why I let you a place to be.

But it's ok, I was wondering after close to a lap behind you with my light if I give you a better look to the wall, next time, if you do that again and intentionally, I will not let you only a place to be, but a closer look to the wall I'm thinking about.

You're warned. :bangry:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]   Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Donington Park [February 20th]
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next