Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oran Park 250 [September 12th]

Go down 
+21
Vincent Beretta
Antoine de Mautor
Martin Audran
Philippe Martinelli
Vadym Semchenko
Tiago Malafaya
Elia Baragiola
Jens Kraft
Simon Wattman
Patrick Marucco
Jukka Närhi
Ben Paulet
Richard Coxon
Carl Larrad
finally gone :)
David Jundt
Guillaume Siebert
Yves Plaçais
Lorenzo Arisi
Mike Becnel
Frank Verplanken
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 14:12

I have Gui's setup and a video of him chasing Lorenzo with both running 1:09.xxx lap times. I have been trying to replicate the lines they both take and even watched how Gui steers in and out of the corners. I cannot even come close.

This, gentlemen, is when you admit that you are old and suck :doh:

Actually, I am tweaking the setup a little to help overcome my stunning ability to spin under hard braking and that helped a lot.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 18:39

Well actually rfactor replays suck also in that regard, because it is not as fluent motion as the real driving (Instead it looks jerky on the screen, while it isn't), plus the lack of visible axis input (In NR2003 you can see on the replays coloured bars for throttle, clutch and a moving steering wheel icon that shows how much input the driver is making) leaves you with replays that are almost useless except for driving lines and braking/gas points pig
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 22:49

Well, from the brake lights and mph lost I can tell when he is just tapping the brakes to set the front wheels or when he is really slowing down hard. Those are the key things I look for.

I have a pretty fierce sinus infection so that is not helping my patience at all Smile

Uggh...back on the track for some more pounding of my head onto steering wheel :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2012 - 5:31

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Well actually rfactor replays suck also in that regard, because it is not as fluent motion as the real driving (Instead it looks jerky on the screen, while it isn't), plus the lack of visible axis input (In NR2003 you can see on the replays coloured bars for throttle, clutch and a moving steering wheel icon that shows how much input the driver is making) leaves you with replays that are almost useless except for driving lines and braking/gas points pig

osnt there a high fidelity ioption in the palyer ini ?

i drove 1 11 in Skyline

then tool BMW and drove 1 10..5 easily.

i always take the wrong cars. group 4 in salzburg where u need horses

and not beemer in oranpark where the turbo isnt coming

i screw it any time.

minardi in spa FFFSSS
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 8:57

Unfortunately my HDD isn't yet repaired. My car is free for this race Sad
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 16:51

Sorry guys, I'm stuck at work, i dont know if i manage to start race. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 18:53

If I am the only moving chicane in this race I am going to have a hissy Evil or Very Mad 100 test laps it shall be if so! Err, maybe just 94 depending on how close to the speed of sound Lorenzo runs.

Edit: I must say though, this track gives you a superb feel for what a golf ball feels like in a sand trap. Easy to get it, hard as Hell to get out and once you are out you are screwed up for several laps (holes) due to the rear tires being on fire.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 20:30

I'm so terribly sorry, it was totally my fault! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 20:31

Pfou, ça doit faire trois courses qu'on me vire, et que je dois abandonner sur place. Crying or Very sad

Vraiment pas de chance en ce moment ! :hihi:

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 20:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 20:47

Grrrr Bloody English weather!!!!

Lost connection.... Anyway!

Had a great start from 10th to 4th by 1st left hand kink......But went off at first proper corner! Sad

Back down to 10th, Worked my way up to 6th and was chasing guys ahead,

Then connection went Sad

Had a few good battle's, Mainly Ben.

Thanks for setting up HSO cheers
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 21:05

C'était inconduisible après une vingtaine de tours, j'ai préféré m'arrêter sur une ultime escapade dans un bac à graviers.

Bravo à Lorenzo et David
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 22:50

--> RESULTS <--
--> REPLAY <--

I could not edit the site's database to enter the new cars as I have no internet home. So we'll have to make do with the old exports for now Wink .

Jukkaa and Yves sorry for the crash mates. Although I have yet to watch the replay I fear it was my fault... Too bad this was a great fight in the making Sad

PS : this was Frank posting from Ben's home :D Thanks to Benito for sheltering my no-internet ass :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 22:52

came sweating with my bike in last minute, lucky with a pole.

formation lap. heated tires and brakes. but brakes were too cold i overshot Smile

was on hard tires, lorenzo had very hard at the rear: bravo 1:10.6 that was my pole time what he did in race.

could go 1:11.1 on hards but did 1:12 at best.

i crashed out in lap1 as i said and had 7 screen black outs (alt tab) and 2 hard crashes and 3 additional repair stops.

BUt it was fun anyways.

i have to ask for excuse on 2 dangerous track entries. nothing happened but i was a bit bad from me.

it was very much fun, but:
my neck hurts so strongly after race, how to sit ergonomic? david had no problems at all. how that?

Thatnks

Gn8y
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 22:54

Bravo Lorenzo!! Nicely done.

Jens send your thank you card for 7th to my wife who, on or about lap 75 or 80 came in and started complaining. The rant started with "Are you still racing?" The resulting very one sided conversation resulted in 2 off tracks and one almost off track.

Send it to "Madam Nevershutsup" lol!

Nice race, I look forward to watching the replay as I know there was an early nasty crash to see. I only saw the bodies and parts as I passed.

Thanks Frank/HSO for the race!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 23:03

Mike Becnel wrote:

Nice race, I look forward to watching the replay as I know there was an early nasty crash to see. I only saw the bodies and parts as I passed.

OH GAWD pale affraid :urgence:

I was battling with Lorenzo and leading until somewhere around lap 35 I guess, I made a mistake and never came back. Not that the Nissan is a tyre-saver either, but I couldn't follow.

My fall came when I insisted on going at least 1 lap longer than Lorenzo to pit, a lap down in the meantime. To add, I tried to repair some bruises and lost 2nd aswell as 3rd after 40s on doing nothing Rolling Eyes

Went out, caught Frank and he went off at the same moment Shocked We were both understeering into the first kink...

I saw how he earlier chased Lorenzo, only to spin 4 corners later Razz

Also, Ben showed me a great trick, nearly rolling his car on the inside kerb of T2 What a Face

At the end, I was a bit silly, but also insisted on not being lapped which earned me a tap from Lorenzo. Sorry, I didn't feel like letting you lap me a 2nd time in the last turn Rolling Eyes

Ah well, it was an open and it was fun :third:

See you next race!

@Jens: At least not the neck, but neither do other parts really hurt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 23:24

Also forgot to mention earlier it was very fun getting chased by Simon in the Volvo. I noticed he had dropped back and was racing with Jens. Next thing I saw is him rolling (literally) out of the corner before the bridge/hill. I was wondering if Jens had made a close friend but the replay shows a one man show and he survived!

The crash Yves was in was surely fatal for Frank but it was good to see his ghost finish the race. lol!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 8:14

Quote :
Send it to "Madam Nevershutsup" lol!

No don't do that, or it will be MY wife who receives the postcard Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 228364
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 12:13

Nice race, in the top 5 at the finish.
A long fight in the first hour with Carl, we were playing cat and mouse, and some times we inversed roles.
Thanks to Richard for nice fight too.
A big up to Frank, for his mega crash of Yves and Jukka. It allows me to be in top 5 :hihi:
Great Lorenzo again, and again, and again. :D :top:
David, I'll show you my best tricks a day. lol!
A nice evening at home, with my friend Franky, everyone in a room, like a mini lan. lol!
Thanks for the behavior of the lapped.
A think to Simon, who was fighting against us and his Volvo. You're brave, keep it up. :clap:
Thanks to HSO for organisation. :frank:

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 14:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 13:16

Course interressante sur un circuit tres fun :conduit:

Je n'avais prevu qu'1 seul ravitaillement vers la mi-course mais mes mecanos ne m'ont pas assez mis d'essence pour aller au bout de la course et j'ai malheureusement du faire un 2eme arrêt au stand scratch

Pas trop de pilotes de mon faible niveau dans cette course et je me suis motivé comme j'ai pu
J'ai eu 3 lièvres, Karel puis Mike et enfin Gérard, je les en remercie Wink

Je termine à le 10eme place mais à 7 tours (sur 100) de Lorenzo :flag:

Bravo à HSO pour l'orga et à tous les participants :top:
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 15:00

Ma connection internet ne tenait pas hier soir... Interruption toutes les minutes entre 20 h20 et 20 h 45...

Richard a eu des ennuies à ce niveau-là, si je comprends bien, à cause du mauvais temps sur l'Angleterre...
Chez-moi il faisait très beau mais çà ne fonctionnait pas mieux...

J'en ai eu marre j'ai laissé tombé...

J'espère que vous vous êtes bien amusé, je vous dis à la prochaine, si internet le veut bien... Wink
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 18:01

Désolé Patrick,pour le contact.Je suis passer 4 fois par le stand,pour le ravitaillement.Vitesse trop rapide,j'ai effectuer "Le Drive Through""Le Stop and Go" bref j'ai perdu du temps.
Bravo aux podiums et a tous les participants qui ont passer le :flag:

Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 18:52

Gérard Ryon wrote:
Désolé Patrick,pour le contact.Je suis passer 4 fois par le stand,pour le ravitaillement.Vitesse trop rapide,j'ai effectuer "Le Drive Through""Le Stop and Go" bref j'ai perdu du temps.
Bravo aux podiums et a tous les participants qui ont passer le :flag:

Ah, c'est donc bien ça, des pénalités mal effectuées. On avait peur que tu aies fait 1 arrêt par pneus. lol!

Ah mince, Philou, si on avait su, tu te joignais à nous chez moi.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 19:15

See, not a word from Frank! Yves car cut him in half. This talk of no internet is simply a cover up of the supernatural. His ghost can drive but can't type on a keyboard I see. :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 22:05

Gérard Ryon wrote:
Désolé Patrick,pour le contact.

Pas de probleme Gérard, j'ai bien compris que tu avais des problemes avec ton stand Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 22:13

Wow what a race . I Never thought i would say this but The Volvo Is so cool Cool

I Had some nice laps with Mike , Gerard ,Richard and others ...
The Volvo was great fun to drive but i think i may have made the wrong choice with tyres
i was hoping to 1 stop but this was never going to happen as i ate my tyres after just 30 laps ....

Was having an awesome race with Ben we traded many great laps together he was quicker in the
twisty sections obviously but i could worry him just a little at the end of the long straight ... Twisted Evil
I Was able to stay with Ben until my tyres melted .... I pitted far earlier than i would have wanted
so when i came out was very surprised to see Ben pit just a few laps later ...
The battle re-commenced there was never very much between us but we both make little mistakes
again after 60 laps my tyres where fried i think i pitted on lap 68 i exited the pits and got a drive thru
penalty not sure why as i used my speed limiter as i entered the pits ... Was never going to come back from this .... Embarassed

Even managed to have a few nice laps near the end trying to keep up with Jp when he had lapped me Very Happy
Ben remained 1 lap in front of me after my 3rd visit to the pits and i would never catch or see him again
was really hoping for a top 5 but i'm more than happy with 6th ..... Cramp had set in by the end of the race
so was glad to see the Chequered Flag

Well done Lorenzo ... :champ:
Nice Top 5 :drink:
THX Benny Boy :hihi:
congrats all finishers :clap:

A Great nights racing Thx HSO :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oran Park 250 [September 12th]   Oran Park 250 [September 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oran Park 250 [September 12th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next