Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]

Go down 
+23
Florkin Marc
Paul Nadeau
Steve Parker
Bernard Jeanmart
Yoann Quioc
Francis Houard
Ludovic Tagli
Jean-louis Petillot
Martin Audran
Richard Coxon
Gérard Ryon
Tiago Malafaya
Dave Miller
Lorenzo Arisi
Jens Kraft
Mike Becnel
Vincent Beretta
Carl Larrad
David Jundt
Patrick Marucco
Yves Plaçais
James Knowles
Guillaume Siebert
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:50

Connection lost Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:57

...... i just got a wheel, was busy ALL weekend
the event is all standard times, but

couldnt know that 2 hr races start 9 and only cause of half an hour more race time it starts 30 mins earlier ;( how sad.

wouldve loved to race with you

looks like those races are still considered as big Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 21:12

brain lost Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:18

Congrats to Lorenzo for the win. Man you scared the bejeesus out of me on one fo your lappings of me (one of many).

Do not know how I did it but something broke down the 1st straight on pace lap. Once we got up to speed as soon as I broke it went haywhire. Took forever for the crew to semi fix it. I fought it all race. My wrists are killing me and I am soaked in sweat. That race was fun and SUCKED at the same time.

Did someone hit me on the pace lap and I just missed it or something?

Frank, just saw replay, sorry I collected you on my spin on 2nd chicane area 1st lap.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:23

How... just how did Lorenzo manage to stop only once? Even with fuel saving, you can't drive that fast. Or did I miss him stop again?

I had a good start, but dropped it once, so I had to pass the Porsche Armada Razz

I ran in 4th when Guillaume left us, suddenly obducted by Aliens Shocked

I took 2nd when Vicent went off, and extended it when he spun and the rest of the Porsches dropped away from me.

Although I had a big moment as I went too far into Ostkurve and brushed the barrier, it dented my left front but the tyre was okay so I kept going.

Advantage at my first stop was big enough anyway.

Later on, I lapped Steve and he dropped it into the barrier after Ostkurve, I hope I didn't pressure him to let me past Crying or Very sad

Made some more spins, mainly on the last lap as I enjoyed driving with the cockpit cam Laughing

Very happy with 2nd, best I could achieve. Everyone was very fair, thanks for the race!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:24

Guillaume,

Any chance of adding an additional race or two?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:27

James Knowles wrote:
Guillaume,

I can restart the server if you want, but I doubt the guys who just finished a 2h30min race will join you :D
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:34

Results are up on the website, standings updated, well done David for grabbing 3rd place, and congrats all finishers Smile
Back to top Go down
Franck Mercurio
Pro Driver
Franck Mercurio

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:49

Mike Becnel wrote:
Frank, just saw replay, sorry I collected you on my spin on 2nd chicane area 1st lap.

That's racing :drink:

Donc 50 secondes au stand après le premier tour, la course n'a pas commencée comme je l’espérais :D

Une fois reparti ça se passe plutôt bien, jusqu’à' l'approche des ravitaillements ou je commence a faire des erreurs, le passage au stand tombe bien Laughing
Je change pas les pneus, mauvaise idée, je vais me frotter un petit peu aux rails, retour au stand, j'en profite pour changer les gommes :D

Ensuite direction l'arrivée en gérant le mal au cul lol!
A quelques tour du but je dépasse Yves au ralenti Shocked :smil20: ce qui me permet de gagner une place sans forcer :antoine:

Bravo devant :champ: , merci HSO :chinois:
Back to top Go down
http://67citron.free.fr/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:53

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Results are up on the website, standings updated, well done David for grabbing 3rd place, and congrats all finishers Smile

So lucky, everything worked perfectly.

Due to your retirement, and Jean-Louis beating Philippe and Gérard, I am able to take that 3rd place Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Lorenzo Arisi
Club Driver
Lorenzo Arisi

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 22:57

David Jundt wrote:
How... just how did Lorenzo manage to stop only once? Even with fuel saving, you can't drive that fast. Or did I miss him stop again?

My strategy was a 2-stopper until Gui lost connection... Wink
From then (about lap 10) i decided to save as much fuel as i can, at the end of the stint my fuel consumption dropped to about 2.6l x lap and i was doing 2.06-2.07 to make 41 laps. I had the fuel to go as hard as i could in the 2nd stint until by brakes faded with 15 laps to go and i had to back off a bit..

Sorry Mike for that small bump Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 23:26

Lorenzo Arisi wrote:

Sorry Mike for that small bump Wink

You scratched one of my large dents!!! :D
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 23:35

Satisfaction de la soirée : avoir fini la course !
Et pourtant, ça a failli bien marcher.

L'objectif, avant le départ, était clair : m'accrocher le plus longtemps possible à l'Alfa de Carl, pour la victoire en 3L. Mais avec ma 908 lui rendant au moins 20km/h, la tâche s'avérait particulièrement compliqué !

Le départ s'est plutôt bien passé, je roule à fond en surveillant l'écart avec Carl qui croît, mais pas tant que ça. Ce qui fait que lorsqu'il pitte au premier tiers, je ne suis qu'à une vingtaine de secondes. Ma chance est là, faire un seul arrêt et voir la suite.
Je suis maintenant devant lui, mais les 45 secondes que j'avais à sa sortie des stands fondent car il attaque le bougre !
Surtout qu'un écran noir de quelques secondes me rend aveugle en plein stadium ! La seule solution : freiner à mort en attendant la suite....
Je reviens dans le jeu, à l'arrêt, dans le sens inverse de la piste, mais indemne. Par contre, mon avance est réduite à néant , et je rentre au stand à ma mi-course, juste devant Carl.
Et là, surprise, Ludovic sur sa 630 est arrêtée à mon stand ! J'attend quelques secondes, rien ne se passe. Je tente alors une légère poussette de la Matra afin de ravitailler à mon tour.
Toutes ces mésaventures font qu'à la sortie des stands, je suis maintenant à 50 secondes de Carl. Même s'il a encore un pitstop, les carottes sont cuites.
En effet, lorsqu'au deux tiers, Carl ressort des stands, je suis a 20 secondes, je n'ai donc plus qu'à espérer une faute de sa part.
Mais, à force d'attaquer comme un damné depuis le début de la course, c'est moi qui part à la faute dans le dernier virage. Et comme je ne rend pas compte tout de suite qu'un pneu est crevé, je dois faire tout un tour au ralenti.
La suite est cauchemardesque, volant tordu, voiture totalement déséquilibrée, j'atteins péniblement la ligne d'arrivée, non sans avoir du laisser passer le régulier Franck !

J'arrive à rester dans le top 10, mais espérer garder ma troisième place au championnat avec au programme 75 tours sur une 908 à Hockenheim, de surcroît était tout simplement irréaliste !

Bravo Lorenzo pour la victoire au scratch,
Bravo Carl pour la victoire en 3L (trop peu nombreux malheureusement)
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 0:23

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
James Knowles wrote:
Guillaume,

I can restart the server if you want, but I doubt the guys who just finished a 2h30min race will join you :D

No no-add some more races to the season for this mod...

Le Mans

Watkins Glen

Rouen
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 0:31

What a race
Luckily i just managed to make the race i had 3 minutes to spare in the warm up ...

With the Lack of warm up laps i made a tentative start i knew it was going to be a long hard race so took it easy until the race pace settled down ..... Surprisingly i could stay with the tail end of the slower S5000 Cars and with lots of mistakes in front i was able to hold onto 7th and 8th and then when the quicker cars caught back up i let them buy and held on to my 9th place ....

I Had many nice laps trying to hold onto Philipe, Jean louis in the 917's and Steve in the Ferrari I Knew they where much quicker but did try to give them a little fun i went for 2 stops with softs and less fuel i had a feeling that Yves would manage a 1 stop so i knew i would have to push for the P3000 Win ... I Had a 25 seconds lead over Yves ....But then Disaster strikes :doh:

I Made a small mistake just before my 1st pitstop and hit the barrier at Ostkurve ended up in the kitty litter and then i spun trying to get back onto the track which allowed Yves to catch and overtake me i manged to catch him quickly just before the 2nd chicane with a bit of a dodgy overtaking manouvre (sorry for that Yves) :yaa: i was a little fired up after my silly mistake .. i pitted as my tyres felt like they had fallen off a cliff ... affraid

I Did not repair any damage in the pits i got some new softs and took on 85L of fuel .. I Took to the track and the car felt horrible in the early laps after my 1st pit .... I Was 45 Seconds behind Yves and at this point i thought i would be racing for 2nd place with Franck who was not far behind me ,In the early laps i was not really making any ground on him .... Later into my 2nd stint the car seemed to feel better with the lighter fuel load so i started to once again catch Yves ...I Eventually caught Yves just as he pitted ..... bounce

I Just kept pushing and managed to open up a gap of 1 min10 seconds over Yves i thought he must have a problem , i knew i could afford to take it easy , When i made my 2nd stop the car seemed to feel much better and i could really push again i managed to catch Paul towards the end who was having a good race in the Lola he was never very far away ,....

Paul i was really trying hard to catch you and as always in this mod we manage to trade some great race laps a pleasure as always we both make mistakes but where never very far apart :drink: .... I Think if the race had lasted another 3 laps we could have had a photo finish for 6th place but Paul made a small mistake on the very last lap going into the stadium section and went wide and i was gifted 6th place overall :top: Im well happy and a nice win in P3000 class .... :hihi:

Well done Lorenzo for the faultless win in the Big Boy Class ... :champ:

THX as always HSO for organizing this and well done also to all finishers .... :drink:

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 7:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 0:45

My only wish is that i could have joined more of the races earlier in the season so i could have defended my
P3000 championship win from 2010...

Well done Yves for 2012 P3000 title maybe next time :champ:

I Have uploaded all my Alfa Setups onto the ftp for any future races Wink
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 7:24

James Knowles wrote:

No no-add some more races to the season for this mod...

Le Mans

Watkins Glen

Rouen

We can't add races to the 1970 Interserie, unless we can use time travel and ask the real organizers to do so. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 7:37

Unlucky James but i do hope to see you on track some time in the near future Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 8:34

I think James means some non points races, somewhat organized Open races. Correct James?

I swear, if my car was anything but a Ferrari I think I would hate this series! I fall apart race day! :aie:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 8:47

The problem is those cars mostly raced in very long races. Le Mans would be the 24 hours, Watkins Glen 6 hours (we did it earlier this year), Spa 1000km etc ...
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 9:22

i would love to race 3 hours on my own
(except my neck hurts afetr 30mins each time, i have a bad position, like a granny who leans forward when she accelerates)

and 6hours with 2+ drivers
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 9:43

Jens Kraft wrote:
i would love to race 3 hours on my own
(except my neck hurts afetr 30mins each time, i have a bad position, like a granny who leans forward when she accelerates)

and 6hours with 2+ drivers
Pulling that silly Impossibru face is not helping you posture either if the wind blows you will stay like that lol!
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 10:53

Mike Becnel wrote:
I think James means some non points races, somewhat organized Open races. Correct James?

I swear, if my car was anything but a Ferrari I think I would hate this series! I fall apart race day! :aie:

Thanks for the help Mike.

Yes-this championship ended too soon for me. Would love to have some more races added to the calendar...
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 11:18

No connexion again yesterday Sad . Grats to Lorenzo & all, special kuddos to Carlito for yet another 3-litre win on the Hockenheimring Cool :drink:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 13:34

J'ai eu vraiment très chaud pendant 2 h sous les combles mais ça valait le coup !!

je me suis vraiment régalé pendant ces 78 tours avec des bagarres de prés ou de loin avec Gérard et Philippe et pendant quelques tour avec l'Alfa très rapide de Carl
en plus avec les ravitaillements , cela donne du piment ,car on avait des stratégies différentes je pense !!
J'ai réussi à passer Philippe à 1 tour de l'arrivée ( je pense surtout à cause de ses pneus qui devaient être morts ) ,ce qui me permet de monter sur le podium !! cheers

I was really hot for 2 hours under the roof but it was worth it!

I really enjoyed myself during the 78laps with fights near or far with Gérard and Philippe and some laps with the very fast Alfa of Carl
with pits stop, it adds spice, because we had different strategies I think!
I pass Philippe to 1 turn of arrival (I think mainly because of its tires had to be dead), which allows me to get on the podium! : cheers:

Back to top Go down
http://www.corsicaracing.fr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]   Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Hockenheim [August 26th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next