Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]

Go down 
+23
Frank Verplanken
Osni Kniess
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Mike Becnel
Steve Parker
Tiago Malafaya
Luis Garcia
Yoann Quioc
Olivier Mathieu
Ludovic Tagli
Francis Houard
Dave Miller
Nils Lüdemann
David Jundt
James Knowles
Jens Kraft
Franck Mercurio
Vincent Beretta
Patrick Marucco
Carl Larrad
Yves Plaçais
Guillaume Siebert
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 10:16

Mike Becnel wrote:

Comme je m'y attendais j'ai frappé quelqu'un, à son tour 1 tour 1. Yves, je suis très désolé

Pas de problème, Mike ! Wink

All is well that ends well. :champ:
Back to top Go down
Franck Mercurio
Pro Driver
Franck Mercurio

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:24

Je pense que j'avais le rythme en course pour aller chercher Carl, mais comme d'hab, j'ai pas été assez constant, trop de tondeuseRound 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Crazy__Lawn_mower_by_KeReN_R
Bravo devant :champ: Merci pour l'orga :chinois:
Back to top Go down
http://67citron.free.fr/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:36

Franck Mercurio wrote:
Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Crazy__Lawn_mower_by_KeReN_R

Le smiley lol!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 17:21

Wow, this went better than expected. Prior to qualifying, I had only done 1 lap, and that rather slow Razz

So I didn't really know how the 512S would react.

I came in, without any setup. I just tried my best to make it at least suitable enough for Silverstone, but I hardly touched the suspension settings as I didn't want to mess up.

Somehow, my rFDynHUD didn't work, I guess my Ferrari was from the SCGT70 part of the mod. But when I copied the files and re-named the folder SCGT70(the rfm file shows that I need to call it like that to make the overlays work only for this mod), but it didn't show up Shocked I'll have to test it again.

Thus, I didn't know the consumption either, and concluded it was around 3 l per lap.

Thanks to my skills(Oh, and the Ferrari power Rolling Eyes ) I started from 2nd.

Guillaume flew into distance, driivng aprox. 2 SECONDS(!) per lap faster than me(His FL was 2s faster and I was 2nd fastest!) over the whole race, so I took it easy and could only hope for Gui to make a mistake like at Keimola(Ou son chat lui se mettre "trompe de route" :hihi: ).

It took me a bit longer to finally get out of Gerard's view when he made a mistake and had to battle the other Porsches behind.

I had some moments, but didn't spin at all. Maybe I should have taken Hards? But does anyone take Hards anyway?

Very pleased with 2nd place, I've got a shot for more at Hockenheim, which will take a bit longer than this race Razz

Merci à tous de participer! Everyone was letting me through nicely Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 17:44

Belle soirée et course tres agréable au volant de ma Porsche 908 Very Happy

Qualifié en 14eme position je fais une course sans erreur avec une jolie bataille avec James et son Alfa-Roméo pendant une bonne partie de la course :top:

Malheureusement il est retardé par un passage hors piste sur la fin de course

Malgré mon manque de vitesse de pointe je me suis bien amusé et je termine la course à la 12eme place à 2 tours de Gui Wink

Bravo à Gui et à Yves :top:

Rendez vous en Allemagne ou mon préparateur m'a promis un moteur d'enfer Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 18:01

Very exciting race looking at the previous races in this series this year i knew i had to beat both Franck and Yves
I Was pleased to get the P3000 fastest lap in Qualifying but only just by a whisker from Yves , i made an ok start but was a little surprised to see Yves dissappear of the track .....
I Managed to open up a small gap on the cars behind me and i gained a few places from the quicker S5000 cars in front which helped me get up as high as 4th place at one point ..... This Was not too last too long and they caught me back up and i was most surprised to see the little 908 of Yves in tow .... He got closer and Closer , We touched on the track and he managed to get through Cool

I Tried to keep up with Yves but in the early part of the race he was a lot faster ... I Then turned my attentions to Franck who was never very far away we battled for a few laps but then it was my turn to hit the grass and he was through also :clap:
However a few laps later he lost control of the Alfa and spun and i was back in front ... I seemed to struggle mostly with Understeer but i think this was just me pushing the car to hard into the corners brakes where also an issue ....It's a shame you spun Franck as i know you where quicker than me in the race and it could have been a 3 way race on the last lap .... Wink

Yves was 7 seconds in front i could see him in the distance for many laps and a couple of times i could saw him take to the grass ..Just on race pace i could not beat him but i could see he was struggling towards the end of the race so i started a late charge ...The last 5 laps where very exciting as i started to catch ... I thought we had 2 laps left i made a move at the end of the straight and got though but could not slow down enough for the corner and went a little wide onto the grass , i think if i had waited till the next straight i could have taken and maintained the lead we crossed the line 1 second or so apart and i think if it had it been one more lap then the race win could possibly have been mine ..... Wink

Well Done Gui ,David,Yves :clap: :champ:

And a big thanks to Yves and Franck for an exciting race :drink: :champ:

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 21:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 20:58

Well, felt okay about my race but a couple of errors on my part changed what could have been a 10th place finish into a 14th place finish.
Qualified 13th-but it was a fairly tight grid at the back. 10th -14th were separated by just over a second.
Guillaume gave the “Green! Green! Green!” and I cautiously charged down to turn one, to see the sight of one car in the wall and another off track. Perhaps this shook me up a bit-I was careful through Maggots but went wide at Becketts and into the wall at slow speed. This dropped me from P13 to P16. Headed down Hangar Straight I kept right as I saw an opportunity for a pass, but he pass didn’t happen, and I was offline for the corner letting two cars pass me-was dead last. Thankfully by Copse on Lap 2 I was back to P15.
At that point I began chasing Patrick in the 908 and Ludovic in the Matra. Turned some steady laps and nabbed P11 at the end of lap 5. Lap 7 was going okay-then the kids starting fighting in the house about 10 feet away from me, and the wife starting asking questions about the garage (welcome to my world). Distracted I brushed the wall at Stowe (mild damage) and let Patrick by. I fell back, put the bit between my teeth and went off in pursuit of Patrick. By lap 11 I caught Patrick and passed him before Woodcote, but couldn’t make it stick, went wide and he got by me on the inside. Next lap I got a good run out of Abbey and took the position.
My big error came on lap 14. I cut the corner at Chapel WAY too hard putting the car into a lurid slide. An overview shot best shows how out of shape I was:
Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Untitled-16
Well I caught it, but not before I was outside the fence on hangar straight. Thus I was forced to drive around the track on the outside of the fence all the way from the beginning of Hangar Straight to reentering the track about midways between Club and Abbey. Damn..
Starting doing some solid laps until my second big error-running a one stop strategy instead of no stops at all. Pitted lap 21 in P13, exited in P14 with P15 going by as I exited the pits. I gained P14 a lap or two later, and had the pace to gain P13, but traffic and the end of race intervened.
A fun race. If I had my act together I really think I could have taken P10, but alas…
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 21:48

How do you make that lawnmower thing Frank? I need that in my signature. Want to know what grass is growing at every track we run at? I have samples.

James Knowles wrote:
and had the pace to gain P13, but traffic and the end of race intervened.

Ummm...now wait a sec :D

I was 13th and seem to recall passing you while you did your version of a lawn mowing expedition. I have to say it met my high standards of quality control.
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 21:51

which blade depth u use for standard race lawn? i am at 3cm, but in southern Summer, like Kyalami i use 2cm (cause of the arid climate)
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 23:00

Mike Becnel wrote:
James Knowles wrote:

I was 13th and seem to recall passing you while you did your version of a lawn mowing expedition. I have to say it met my high standards of quality control.

Hi Mike,

I think you passed me while I was in the pits. I was still shown as 13th when my stop ended dropped to 14th as you came down the start finish straight. On exiting the pits I flashed Konstantine by (who was in 15th).

I think I had the pace to pass you, but traffic got in the way, and I probably didn't have enough time either.

I need to learn how to do races with no stops... Sad
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 23:40

James Knowles wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
James Knowles wrote:

Hi Mike,

I think you passed me while I was in the pits. I was still shown as 13th when my stop ended dropped to 14th as you came down the start finish straight. On exiting the pits I flashed Konstantine by (who was in 15th).

I think I had the pace to pass you, but traffic got in the way, and I probably didn't have enough time either.

I need to learn how to do races with no stops... Sad

Ahh, OK, well there was a lot of lawn mowing going on so honest mistake :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
Franck Mercurio
Pro Driver
Franck Mercurio

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 0:32

Mike Becnel wrote:
How do you make that lawnmower thing Frank?

Smiley come from deviantart:
http://keren-r.deviantart.com/art/Crazy-Lawn-mower-20407985

I use this Firefox extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/smiley-xtra-8991/

Back to top Go down
http://67citron.free.fr/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 6:55

Now if I could put a big 2 on it...
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 9:36

Franck Mercurio wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
How do you make that lawnmower thing Frank?

Smiley come from deviantart:
http://keren-r.deviantart.com/art/Crazy-Lawn-mower-20407985

I use this Firefox extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/smiley-xtra-8991/

lol Franck, i first thought it is a 512 or the ferrari in Mikes avatar instead of a lawnmower
lol! stop it already :D Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]   Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Silverstone [August 12th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3