Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]

Go down 
+30
Bernard Jeanmart
Florkin Marc
Yoann Quioc
Jerry Huffman
Yannick Lampure
Francis Houard
Gérard Ryon
Frank Verplanken
Alberto Ibañez
Jean-louis Petillot
David Cid
Martin Audran
finally gone :)
Viorel Manolescu
Mike Becnel
Philippe Bousquet
Tiago Malafaya
Steve Parker
Lorenzo Arisi
Ludovic Tagli
Carl Larrad
Vincent Beretta
Alessio Campigotto
Patrick Marucco
James Knowles
Shawn Van Roosmalen
Jon Hawkins
Jason White
Diego Dário
Guillaume Siebert
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012 - 20:30

Mike Becnel wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:
If it happens, just continue to race, we'll give your lap back after the race. Wink

This answer makes me think you did not understand due to English/French translation maybe. What he means is someone could cheat and avoid the chicane thus making their laptime much faster. The game does not seem to catch this cheating. He was asking if during the race this will be caught?

I suppose we could have an unlucky volunteer watch the chicanes as a spectator via the monitor. Penalties could be assessed post race... ? Gui, any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012 - 20:57

No need, the best marshalls are the drivers themselves, dont worry if someone repeatedly cuts the track to gain time, somebody will notice during the race and post it on the forum later, and the admins will have a look at it. But its has never happened in 4 years. Wink
Back to top Go down
Francis Houard
Club Driver
Francis Houard

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012 - 21:33

Je les coupe souvent ces chicanes mais plutôt en tête à queue et pour le gain de temps c'est raté lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 2:17

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
I'll confirm my presence, since I don't really believe Portugal will make to the final :hello:

:top:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 6:10

Jason White wrote:

I suppose we could have an unlucky volunteer watch the chicanes as a spectator via the monitor. Penalties could be assessed post race... ? Gui, any thoughts?

I saw someone totally hose the first chicane (broke way too late) and continued on today and it was easy to confirm that by looking at his little circle on the lower track line. If someone intentionally blows through it will be painfully obvious to anyone behind them tracking them. I do not think it will be an issue. Besides, that ~1:51 fast lap may raise some eyebrows.

And FYI, blowing a chicane doing over 120 while spinning in 360 degree circles AND somehow ending up back on the track after the chicane and all the blocks should be awarded the "You need new pants award". I practiced this maneuver accidentally today on cold tires. I do not recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 8:16

Quote :
But its has never happened in 4 years. Wink

It has never happened that someone reported anyone else, but we can't be sure if it never happened that nobody cut the chicanes Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 788525
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 9:46

Well to be honest it did happen, although very rarely. One occasion was the 2009 Zolder DTM race when I had to disqualify one of our Scottish members precisely because he kept cutting the first chicane. Another instance was with the driver known as L.T. which we had to ban due to his constantly awful spirit on the track, although this was more due to his blocking manners and overall unsportsmanship than precisely cutting chicanes...
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 10:16

Quote :
One occasion was the 2009 Zolder DTM race when I had to disqualify one of our Scottish members precisely because he kept cutting the first chicane.

A friend of mine used to say that the bad thing about the brits is that they enjoy cheating, and the good things is that they expect you to cheat too and are absolutely fair about that. He concluded that somehow bending the rules is a bit of an anglosaxon tradition, yet they are absolutely sportive about others doing it too - it's simply a different culture Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 12:49

pas la pour cause de foot a la télé Smile
Back to top Go down
Jerry Huffman
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 0:14

Will be there, France time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roarracingleague.com
Yoann Quioc
Club Driver
Yoann Quioc

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 9:19

J'ai perdu ma connexion mercredi à cause d'une maj de ma box, et récupérée hier soir... du coup pas beaucoup de training dans le doute de ne pas pouvoir participer à cette course, mais si ça tient je réponds présent ! :top:
Je dis ça parce que c'est bizarre mais je n'ai pas récupéré ma ligne fixe... Mad
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 10:33

Certainement présent,mais sans préparation ! affraid

Marcus
Back to top Go down
Francis Houard
Club Driver
Francis Houard

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 16:37

Il y a quelques voitures qui tienne facilement les 30 tours sans ravitailler. Si les pneus tiennent ce sera dur d'aller les chercher. (Enfin perso je n'ai pas la prétention de me meler dans la lutte finale. lol! ) Finir la course sera déjà un objectif pour moi ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 22:23

Présent ce dimanche lol!
:hello:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 0:27

Absent Sad
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 1:03

House guests tomorrow

Absent Sad
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 11:09

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Absent Sad
:grrr:
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 11:11

James Knowles wrote:
House guests tomorrow

Absent Sad
:bangry:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 16:18

Back and present :top:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 18:57

Race server launched :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 20:26

Désolé Embarassed , j'ai perdu l'usage du clavier 2 minutes avant le départ Evil or Very Mad . Je sors du multijoueur et de rfactor, pas moyen d'écrire dans un fichier texte, clavier hors service Suspect . Je reboot l'ordinateur et je reviens mais trop tard impossible d'entrer sur les serveur Evil or Very Mad . Jamais eu cette blague là. Je suis furax Evil or Very Mad .
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 20:36

Short race for me. Got caught up in the start line fracas and the car was never stable under braking after that, even with pit work. Would likely have been in everyone's way the rest of the race, so I decided to park it. :smil20:

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 20:41

I only have complains to make about this race, unfortunately. i really don't know what goes on in some peoples head, but when you are under FORMATION lap you are supposed to maintain a safe distance from the car in front of you and drive no more than a certain speed. Franck Mercurio seems to have completely missed that part, because he rammed the back of my car during the formation lap sending it through the guard rail, damaging the car even BEFORE the race started. sad thing is, he even didn't bothered to give back my position or wait for me. Rolling Eyes because of that i started the race 4 or 3 places behind my qualifying position. there was another ferrari who hit me too, on this case the guy lost control of his car during the formation lap in the turn after the first chicane. with the car and suspesion damaged on this stupid way i had to pit in the first lap,but the car was unstable even after the pit work. with my whole race compromised i just lost the will to continue racing and quit in the 2nd lap.
I normally don't complain about race incidents, but this time the whole mess was during a formation lap, which is unacceptable. Evil or Very Mad
I don't know what the admins do in cases like that, but this is something that should be looked.

Last edited by Diego Dário on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 21:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 21:05

Also got the ass on the formation lap.Сar broken.Stopped in the pit, but to no avail.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 21:22

I'll look into it. :regl:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]   Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Hockenheim [July 1st]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next