Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our favorite racing books/biographies

Go down 
+25
Mathieu Leclerc
François Remmen
Jacob Fredriksson
Timo Vermeersch
finally gone :)
Mike Becnel
Peter Blom
Jonatan Acerclinth
William Néron
Richard Coxon
David Jundt
Abat Hernaez
Carl Larrad
Greg Hunt
Gianluca Desposito
Jukka Närhi
Diego Dário
Frank Verplanken
Ben Paulet
Karel Marciniszyn
Gregory Letellier
Alberto Ibañez
Antoine de Mautor
Guillaume Siebert
Jason White
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012 - 7:55

What a fantastic price drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012 - 13:07

I received the IMSA yearbooks yesterday and I was a bit disapointed to see they chose to give the same coverage to all the IMSA classes (GTP, Lights, GTO, GTU, American Challenge ...). You'd think the GTP/Lights classes would get the most coverage considering the cars, drivers and technologies who raced in them but all in all you have something like 30 pages about the prototypes amongst the 180 pages of the books (and lots of advert).
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012 - 13:20

Yeah, I'm a bit disapointed as well, especially by the 1971 book which is tiny... Suspect

Still a good read though, but not detailed enough I reckon :chinois:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012 - 13:35

Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 51w0A9WAvRL._SS500_

Found a new old stock copy of this book at the Indianapolis State Fair Grounds last year -- signed by driver Mel Kenyon. Great find.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012 - 13:41

Haha love the title What a Face
Back to top Go down
Gregory Letellier
Club Driver
Gregory Letellier

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 10:43

Alain Lefebvre vient de sortir la 2ème version de son livre simracing, pour les hardcore simracers il vous apprendra peu, mais pour votre entourage curieux je trouve que c'est un excellent livre d'approche du simracing

il est dispo à cette adresse :

http://www.simracingbook.com/
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 12:24

Je viens de regarder la vidéo de présentation qu'il faisait de la première édition de son livre, on y devine des course HSO. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2012 - 9:34

Hey guys i have small book written by an engineer by my country Ing. Roberto Bargoni, it is a lover vintage motorcycle and Indian culture with other essays written by you.
There his little book.
It is Written in Italian, hope you like it. Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1lt8bglfkyqno87
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2012 - 19:51

study Just finished reading Marathon in the Dust last night (hence the avatar update).

A thoroughly enjoyable read. Innes describes the goings on in magnificent detail. And if you are unfamiliar with the rally, there is a surprise ending that, if it were fiction, would seem utterly unrealistic.

I plan to write a book review for the AUTODESIGN blog; I'll post the link here when it is up.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012 - 13:53

Jason White wrote:
study Just finished reading Marathon in the Dust last night (hence the avatar update).

A thoroughly enjoyable read. Innes describes the goings on in magnificent detail. And if you are unfamiliar with the rally, there is a surprise ending that, if it were fiction, would seem utterly unrealistic.

I plan to write a book review for the AUTODESIGN blog; I'll post the link here when it is up.

http://autodesign.com/2012/07/book-review-marathon-in-the-dust/
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar 2013 - 22:16

Thanks to the recommendations on this thread I have already behind me Shunt (great read, thxs Jason), autocourse CART for 1995-2002 and some more I found on the way Very Happy

Now this one about my all time favourite motorbike champion is starting to tempt me ... : http://www.motorcycle.com/products/wayne-rainey-his-own-story-3956.html

Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 788525
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2013 - 0:48

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
autocourse CART for 1995-2002 and some more I found on the way Very Happy
Love those books, very well written, absolutely superb photos, and outrageously cheap Very Happy

I have recently bought all the F1 Autocourse from 1978 to 1992. Great books as well, very detailled, and not focused only on the front runners which is exactly what I was looking for (I mean we all know the stories behind the top championship spots). Of course not a lot of colored pictures from 1978 to ~ 1983, but enough to get the feel of what F1 was like in those days. Smile

I have also started a collection of the 24 hours of Le Mans annuals from the 1982-1992 era. Still missing the books from 1983 to 1986 but they are so rare, it's hard to find them bellow 150€ What a Face I have several Motocourse as well, got them for a good price but most of the time they're expensive as well.
Back to top Go down
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013 - 13:45

Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 B-r-m-11

Bought this one thinking it was about british racing, that is, how british started racing and their history. When it arrived i discovered it was about that team with the funny craptacular car in Grand Prix Legends Embarassed In my defense i will say that it was my first book about racing, and that i had totally ignored motor racing till simulators sparkled my interested in it.

And what an awesome book it is. Here (and in the next two volumes) Doug Nye traces the history of one of the most disfunctional racing teams that ever graced the Grand Prix circuit. It´s full of detail and anecdotes, very exhaustive but between the technical analyses of engines, cars (all gibberish to me back then What a Face ) and races there´s a history so entertaining, infuriating, farcical, ridiculous, charming and awesome that one can´t put the heavy volume down. Not knowing anything about the team it was a rollercoaster of a ride for me, angry when they fumbled yet again, cheering every little victory of them, till that year of 1962...

Those volumes are the reason for my irrational love of crappy cars and teams. Hope the author finishes the fourth volume, that should go from 1967 till the seventies. It took forever for the third book, so i guess i´ll have to wait quite a bit still.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013 - 14:00

Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Photodud

Came across this book in a car model shop about a month ago. Will read it this summer and let you guys know if it's any good...
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013 - 17:37

Just received these two, tons of pics and detailled reports from WSPC, IMSA, Le Mans, JSPC, Interserie, Supercup ... a true Group C orgy Very Happy

Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Dsc_1110
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013 - 17:45

Gustav Büsing used to be a commentator on Eurosport IIRC :hum:

Got '91?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013 - 17:51

No, sportscar racing wasn't the same after 1990 so it wasn't my priority, but maybe I'll buy it one day. Le Mans was cool in 1991 though, I have the yearbook.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013 - 18:09

True, just as the "F1-rules" engines came in with Peugeot(who dropped out soon enough anyway in the '91 race). Shame Rotary engines were banned, as if they were winning many races Rolling Eyes But the FIA probably wanted just 1 engine concept for everyone in the sport.

Good man! :clap:

A shame I missed the memory runs of Herbie in the Mazda in 2011 we were stuck in traffic and didn't see it, my favourite car Crying or Very sad

By the way: Anyone going to Le Mans here?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013 - 22:48

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Just received these two, tons of pics and detailled reports from WSPC, IMSA, Le Mans, JSPC, Interserie, Supercup ... a true Group C orgy Very Happy

I'm so jell lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013 - 1:35

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

affraid Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!

Where you get them from?
Back to top Go down
William Néron
Rookie
William Néron

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013 - 2:49

This !

Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Livre%20prost

Still got mine that I received from my father, and still using it as a bible Laughing
You have everything from driving techniques to setups. And all that based on later 80's car, what I consider part of Formula 1 Golden age Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013 - 7:35

If you are interested in books about racing techniques, probably the best I have yet seen is Carroll Smith's "Drive to win". I have read it several times and it is fantastically well written and very comprehensive :top:

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013 - 8:41

Richard Coxon wrote:
Where you get them from?
eBay Smile Got lucky and got them for a very good price, because they are quite rare and can be very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013 - 9:15

Indeed they can ! I remember buying them for an indecent amount of Francs back in the late 90s, in Jean-Marc Teissèdre's shop in Paris :biggrin: !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013 - 10:46

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
Where you get them from?
eBay Smile Got lucky and got them for a very good price, because they are quite rare and can be very expensive.

Cool, They in French? And would love some group c books, Aint got one. Got a great on on Group B rallying.

Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Mck83210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite racing books/biographies   Our favorite racing books/biographies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our favorite racing books/biographies
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next