Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Empty
PostSubject: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeSun 4 Dec 2011 - 16:39

We can continue our discussion here Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 420535

I have picked the car already, we all had agreeded in the 908, and after looking inside the HDV files the flunder seems to have more downforce and less aero drag, so it should be faster Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 195264

Anyway, I think I have found a solution for the drivers swap regarding the wheel buttons. There is a small program called "Joytokey" that allows to make the joystick buttons act as keys of a keyboard. So, we can choose all of us for example the key "U" for upshifts, and the key "D" for downshifts in rfactor, and then run Joytokey to set our steering wheel paddles as "fake" keys, so all of us have the same setting

It can be downloaded here: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

I have however a big question regarding the pedals, as I use clubsport pedals not connected to my wheel, and I suspect you guys will have different axis assigned to accelerator and brake We need to clarify this Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 822172
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 11:04

I think we can make some testing with own default sets, to see what appends when we change the driver.. :hum:
I can join tonight around the 21:00 PM
Let's try on track! cheers

I might suggest about the drivers turn that sequence
Start: Alberto 1 or 2 hours
Middle race: Patrick 1 or 2 hours
Last part: Gianluca 1 or 2 hours
Close the race: Alberto

like if i destroy the car you have drove at least on time :D

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 11:45

Yes, good idea, or Patrick can start the race, then me and then you.

Ideally we would drive one hour stints and swap drivers, but that is 5 stops, which can amount to a full minute difference. But I think that in 6 hours and with around 1 minute laps, we will be lapped so many times by the faster guys that this won't matter much anyway Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 228364 And if it helps us staying concentrated and not wrecking the car, it will be worth it Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 652294

Re testing, is the server up? If so, yes I can be from 21.00 onwards there for testing. Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 311792
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 11:51

Yes the server is up, there're already a few hotlaps saved Smile
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 12:08

I am unfortunately not at home tonight, sorry Sad
Against by the end of the after noon I will try to do a test between 908/02 and 908/02 flunder
I say what I think before tonight
So that everyone can drive, why not take 2 cars team Martini Question
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 12:38

Quote :
I am unfortunately not at home tonight, sorry Sad

No problem, we have time enough

Quote :
So that everyone can drive, why not take 2 cars team Martini Question

So if we crash one we have the other Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 70110 How does the 2 cars system work? Are 2 of us at the track at the same time with different cars?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 12:53

With 2 cars and 3 drivers you can do something like this :

Car 1 stints : Driver 1 / Driver 1 / Driver 2 / Driver 2 / Driver 3 / Driver 3
Car 2 stints : Driver 2 / Driver 3 / Driver 3 / Driver 1 / Driver 1 / Driver 2
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 14:04

Guillaume explained very well the operation of the team :chinois:

If you are ok we would choose two identical cars so as not to complicate the manipulations :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 14:18

Sounds good, 1 hour stints are I think the recommendable for us Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 652294
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 14:24

Hmm there're only two 1-hour stints in my solution. :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 14:37

Doh had looked at the blue driver Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 161590

Well we will need to find out something different if we are to use two cars, I don't think that I can do comfortably 2 hour stints. Is a fourth driver possible if 2 cars are chosen, Gui? Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 822172
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 14:46

Hmm it depends on how do you want to use that 4th driver. There are only 3 drivers allowed to drive a particular car in the race, but with 4 drivers your lineup could be :

Car 1 : Driver 1 - Driver 2 - Driver 3
Car 2 : Driver 1 - Driver 2 - Driver 4

Drivers 3 and 4 would have to do the most of the job on their respective car, drivers 1 and 2 splitting their time between the 2 cars.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 15:11

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
With 2 cars and 3 drivers you can do something like this :

Car 1 stints : Driver 1 / Driver 1 / Driver 2 / Driver 2 / Driver 3 / Driver 3
Car 2 stints : Driver 2 / Driver 3 / Driver 3 / Driver 1 / Driver 1 / Driver 2

Alberto if you prefer the short relay, you can choose the driver 2

For my part I prefer the long runs because I am so slow to warm myself

Drivers 1 or 3 fit me very well

Before you choose we will await the opinion of Gianluca Wink
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 15:44

Very well, and if necessary I will also take longer stints. Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 390839
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 16:12

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Anyway, I think I have found a solution for the drivers swap regarding the wheel buttons. There is a small program called "Joytokey" that allows to make the joystick buttons act as keys of a keyboard. So, we can choose all of us for example the key "U" for upshifts, and the key "D" for downshifts in rfactor, and then run Joytokey to set our steering wheel paddles as "fake" keys, so all of us have the same setting

It can be downloaded here: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

I have however a big question regarding the pedals, as I use clubsport pedals not connected to my wheel, and I suspect you guys will have different axis assigned to accelerator and brake We need to clarify this Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 822172
I may be way off, I usually am, but aren't you making it just a bit too complicated? My knowledge on driver changes in rFactor is minimal but I've never heard of people having to use identical controls :hum: As far as I know, upgrades remain the same between all drivers as does the setup, except for steering lock and brake pressure which allows for different hardware (for example, steering wheel rotation or loadcell brake etc.). Nothing, to my understanding, forces every driver to use identically-mapped controls.

I sure hope I'm right, otherwise I'll look like a real ass :D
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 17:40

I agree with Jukka, it will just adapted a setup that works for our three different styles :D

I just did a comparison test between 908-02 and 908-02 "Flunder" and I have a slight preference for the "Flunder"
It only remains to know whether or not it engages the second car

I found the car fun to drive in the esses and the great bend

I'm two seconds faster with the 917 but I can not see keeping it on track for 6 hours :D

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 17:57

Quote :
I may be way off, I usually am, but aren't you
making it just a bit too complicated? My knowledge on driver changes in
rFactor is minimal but I've never heard of people having to use
identical controls Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 822172
As far as I know, upgrades remain the same between all drivers as does
the setup, except for steering lock and brake pressure which allows for
different hardware (for example, steering wheel rotation or loadcell
brake etc.). Nothing, to my understanding, forces every driver to use
identically-mapped controls.

I sure hope I'm right, otherwise I'll look like a real ass Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 788525

Well I might have understood it wrong when I readed it in the other thread. I thought control mapping had to be shared, but if not, then that's great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 18:37

Patrick wrote:

Quote :
Alberto if you prefer the short relay, you can choose the driver 2

For my part I prefer the long runs because I am so slow to warm myself

Drivers 1 or 3 fit me very well

Before you choose we will await the opinion of Gianluca

I will adapt any solution Patrick, set yours preference (my only concerned about staying on track) there are 2 point more insidious and straw wall are very hard, i think it was made with cement Razz

Alberto wrote:
Quote :
Well I might have understood it wrong when I readed it in the other thread. I thought control mapping had to be shared, but if not, then that's great

I only noticed that i dont have the clutch pedal and when Luigi pass me the car i drove the car without clutch! :aie:
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 21:28

Alberto i'm on track, if you want enter like spectate. Smile I try to pass the drive. scratch :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 21:31

Will be joining in a minute
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 9:48

Alberto and Gianluca, how did your test relay last night Question

From my side I started working on the setup
If you could test it without touching it at first and give me your impressions
to see if fits your driving style
I need your email in my box MP to send you
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 10:52

Patrick it went perfectly cheers The first time it did not work but as soon as we repeated the procedure two times, we could do continuous driver swaps with no problem at all.

It is however very important to have ready and mapped where you can comfortably select them, these keys/buttons:

- Passenger
- Move around (arrows) in the on-screen pit menu while driving

This is the sum-up of how to do it all:

DRIVER WHO WILL RECEIVE THE CAR:

1) Join the game as spectator
2) Load in the garage your setup
3) In the monitor screen, watchig the race, click and highlight the name of the driver you are going to replace
4) Press your "passenger" button or key
5) Click the "Race" button as you always do to jump into the car. You will be there as passenger, but in the next pitstop you will see a countdown to take control and at the end of it the car is yours.

DRIVER WHO IS RACING AND WILL LEAVE THE CAR:

1) You will get a message telling you that your codriver has requested the car. Don't do anything.
2) Request pitstop as usual
3) In the pitstop menu that opens, move with the arrows down to the "driver" line and use left/right arrow to select the name of the driver that will take over.
4) Go into the pits. In the pitstop you will see a countdown and at the end of it the car is no longer yours.

We can test with you when we can all three be together in the server. Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 420535

Note that during the real race, the driver who is racing and requests the pitstop will also need in step 3) to set not just the driver that will take over, but also the fuel amount! But we will practice that later, we can do it alone at home.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 12:21

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
...We can test with you when we can all three be together in the server. Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 420535

Very glad it went well :top:

This week I am overbooked but early next week, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night it will be ok for me Wink

Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 12:51

Patrick i have try your setup, for few laps, the car was more stable at braking points, like me this setup and i had a good feeling on the track, but i would try some laps with 25laps of fuel.
I'm now at 1:08,651 with low fuel and your setup, but i'm not sure about my Logitech setting.

In my lasts race i had this setting in Logitech profile:
Quote :
Forza Effetto Globale = 120%
Forza Effetto Molla = 115%
Forza Effetto Ammortizzatore = 115%

Attiva molla di centrature = NO

Utilizza impostazioni speciali di gioco = SI/NO (I can not decide like better )
Now with this setting i have constant time laps but around 1second slower.

If i change like this:

Quote :
Forza Effetto Globale = 120%
Forza Effetto Molla = 10%
Forza Effetto Ammortizzatore = 10%

Attiva molla di centrature = SI at 0%
Utilizza impostazioni speciali di gioco = NO
I have set a good lap time like yesterday 1:08,651 at second lap, but less constant on time laps.
Finally I do not know which setting is better for me. Crying or Very sad

https://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/ged766/?action=view&current=Immaginew.jpg

edit: :hum:
http://oneracingteam.forum2.biz/t1068-gtr2-ed-il-nostro-volante-logitech-guida-al-settaggio

Last edited by Gianluca Desposito on Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 17:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 13:03

The overall balance of the setup is good, but probably not nervous enough for qualifying. I made some slight changes and went down to 1:07,5 (I did the lap online, so must be in the hotlaps list) and could do constant 1:08s well.

The only odd thig I found in your setups were the camber ranges, they were all too small and the tires did not heat correctly.

I think with my changes we have a good base for qualy setup, we need however to work also on a comfortable race setup. It is important to decide how we are going to do the stops (intervals) so we can know how much fuel we will have in the tank and adjust the car for it Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) 652294
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next