Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage    Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 19:43

Incredible video, thanks Greg!

1999 German F3
1989 Italian Superturismo
Back to top Go down
Greg Goissen
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 4232
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage    Thu 27 Sep 2012 - 19:11

tres bonne chaine et les musiques bien choisies :top:

http://www.youtube.com/user/F1Tributes

PostSubject: Re: Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage    Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 13:26

PostSubject: Re: Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage    Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 12:13

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage    Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 18:17

I hope it is allright of me to post this here, it's a documentary that Swedish Television sent not long after Ronnie Peterson,
the best known F1 Driver ever, had died after his crash at Monza in 1978, I think it was first televised in late '78 or early '79.
As I'm not the one who has uploaded it I've translated the Swedish parts to english as best I've could and will also add Part2 with translation underneath if you would want me to Smile

Narrator: The man in the black car is our biggest sporting celebrity. In February, in the sign of the Fish, he gets 31
years old.
Ronnie Peterson from Örebro. He probably earns more money than Björn Borg in his sport, but then he also risks
his life in the Forumula 1 class 15 times a year.

Interviewer: I have seen you on, I think, thousends of photos in the papers from the races were you stand with
a chronometer in your hand and often got to read the question, are you affraid?

Barbro: Of course I am affraid.... but.... I try not to think about it, and I'm so busy with my clocks and waht I have to do....
But it is clear, if you start to think about it you somehow feel, deep inside, that you are affraid that something
will happen.

Narrator (black white footage): Racingdriver. Sounds like Playboy in certain peoples' ears. They are seen in the
papers' celebrity columns as often as in the sport columns. Writing autographs, writing contracts, is
surrounded by beautiful girls, travels and earn money. Outwards a dream life. Circus artist they've
been called. Circus artists who gets paid to drive with the life at stake.

Ronnie Peterson is on his way to the top. On the way to the big success, the big money there is in Formula1.
Monza, Italy, autumn '69. Most of what you see of new countries and places is pits and competition venues.
And the conversations are all about tactics and engines.

To hard to hear what they are saying but it it about passeringar (could på passes as in passing a driver, a lap completed
or a certain part of the track, they are also saying something about what they are eating.)

This is the reigning champion Jackie Stewart, 32 year old Scot, one of the most successful in the bransch ever.
Multimillionaire, sometimes called the racings' pop-guy, here does a highly authoritative impression. What
does he think of the Sweeds then?

Yes, Ronnie has a big talent for this job, is one of the big, that everyone expect, can become better than
anyone else.

Ronnie: You think about what has happened, and why it happened over everything else. Why you could not
cope with it. I only had time to comprehend that I came wrong into the turn, and that it struck
(the heyballs or what ever it is) and that I flew up into the air and went down upside down.
This is my view of what happened since than but now I've seen movies of it and,
then I've seen that it for a tenth of a second went on two wheels for example,
before it tipped over. And then you think that you could have been on the alert
and steered it back down again, so that it ended up on the correct side.
But I apperently wasn't that swift.
I drive.... very hard and probably drive very near the edge all the time, what I can do.
There doesn't really isn't more to chance on and so I drive just on the edge of hwat I
can and much more doesn't exist.

Interviewer: What do you think it is.... that characterizes Ronnie, as.. as a driver?

Barbro: He has an enormous willpower. He never gives up heh. But it is like that in most professions.
That some never gives up.

Interviewer: Do you yourself have........ the same attitude as a human?

Barbro: Nooo, no I don't have, I give up pretty quickly, if it goes against, unfortunately.

Narrator: As a driver Ronnie Peterson is mentioned with big respect by all in the Formula1 cricus. After
the success this year he is yet again a hot name. He as lots of talent and he has the most
experience of all the drivers. There is no driver who can drive a Formula1 car like Ronnie,
with drifts and steering as if it is a slippery driving test back home in Örebro. He can drive
faster than anyone else, because he dares to drive with slides through the corners. The
others prefer to pass on the quay, were it's straight, Ronnie passes in the corners, inside
or outside, no matter.

Interviewer: You, in the movie it was quite a bit of talk about the cigarette brand that sponsor the team and your car, right?

Ronnie: Mmm.

Interviewer: Eeeh, could I be allowed to treat you to a John Player Special?

Ronnie: No thank you, I don't smoke.

Interviewer: What?!

Ronnie: No thank you, I don't smoke.

Interviewer: You don't smoke?

Ronnie: No.

Interviewer: Even though you drive with a car that does advertisement for John Player?

Ronnie: The car does advertisement, I don't do advertisement.

Interviewer: But in the movie you was walking about with John Player on your back for example.

Ronnie: Yeees... yes, that... that I guess I did, but you have never seen me smoke or seen... someone
said that I've smoked a cigarette.

Interviewer: No.

Ronnie: That....

Interviewer: But doesn't it feel strange then, to walkt about with, with a cigarette label on your back, right... without,
without using the... product?

Ronnie: Noooo/Naaaa.

Sorry for it being so long Embarassed

If you are scared entering a corner, you are pushing to hard,
if you are bored entering a corner, you aren't pushing enough,
if you hit it perfectly, it will be better than love
Back to top Go down
Greg Goissen
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage    Sat 26 Mar 2016 - 20:42

PostSubject: Re: Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage    

Back to top Go down

Formula 1 Tribute , Formule 1 Hommage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: